> Irs Still Wrong 27% Of The Time
scottish2 
Posted: 05-Oct-2003, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._telephone_help

While this maybe better then previous years where their wrong percentage has reached upwards of 63% does anyone still not find the IRS being wrong 27% of the time an appauling figure? unsure.gif

I know I do. mad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

All I know is I am sick of owing taxes. If I had kids I wouldn't have this problem, but I don't, so I have to pay for it.

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

What makes me sick is at least here in SC property taxes pay for education and I don't have kids so why should I pay for someone elses kids to go to a school system thjat stinks? Only best school system is home schooling where you can teach your children properly. Granted I realize not everyone can have this luxury do to the fact their working their butts off just to make a small living while paying the government off.

Where is the gain from working? You give up your time and are compensated for the lose so where is the gain?
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 10:09 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

I am beginning to wonder that myself
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 06-Oct-2003, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I know the biggest tax lover (people who have something to gain from taxes) argument is that wages constitute income.

But let me put it to you this way.

You make an investment of $100 into a CD for 1 year earning 5%, at the end of the year you get $105 back your $100 investment plus your $5 interest for a gain of $5. Hence the income.

Now lets try this in working. You goto a job interview and set the value of your time at $2.50 per hour (I realize low just using for example) you then acept this offer and work a 40 hour week. You have hence invested 40 hours of your time into it. At the end of the week you get your paycheck for $100 (Assuming no taxes invovled) Do you also get your 40 hours returned to you? Where's the gain? All you have done is even swapped your time for money it is mere compensation no gain is involved since you are out the time you invested unlike the previous example where you got your investment $100 returned to you.
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 14-Oct-2003, 12:24 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

The IRS is like the Weatherman (excuse me) person. Have to be politically correct. If you worked for a business and made that many mistakes or scraps, you would be out the door in a heartbeat.

As far as TAXES, nothing else makes me any more madder. I do not have any children in school, but 90% of my Property Tax goes to the School in addition to my 3/4 of 1% Income goes to the School. To make matters worst, they now wanting 2 more levies added with an addition Income Tax increase. They get their levies passed (not by me) and the first thing they do is to increase the Teachers Wages. I am not saying they don't deserve it. But by the time the Teachers gets their increase, the schools says they are out of money and need more. I say enough is enough. I don't see anyone coming to my door when times gets hard in my household. I just have to knuckle down and get through it. That is why I do not have any Credit Cards. If I don't have the money, I don't buy it.

If I was suppose to Post this last part somewhere else, let me know. I will really get on my SOAP BOX then.

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
scottish2 
Posted: 14-Oct-2003, 04:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

No Richard it isn't in the wrong place andc I am glad someone else finally has started to talk on taxes. this is my main cause to see the IRS and unconstitutional income tax ended.

And I see yet another enlightened person is here not wasting more of their money paying off banks through extortionate interest rates. Think about it folks how much might you have more if you weren't paying 15% - 30% and who knows maybe more on interest payments along with the principle you borrowed from the credit company. Cut the dang cards up you don't need to waste more of your moeny on these companies and in the end you might actually have more to spend after you get out from under the interest payments.

My wife and I just have a debit card and both retired and we travel about 3-4 times a year and we can because we're not paying (sorry no nice way to say this) but foolish interest rates.

And Richard if you haven't seen my suggestion or haven't read them yet have a look further does this forum for a couple posts I did on taxes if you think your PO'ed now just wait till you have a read bare in mind their long but definately worth the time to read.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]