> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Sep-2006, 02:24 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello to all! Just stopping by to check in to see what is going on and to give my support and prayers to y'all. !

Mike! Very excited about your interview. Hope all goes well!

Marti! Your hubby continues to be in my prayers.

JP, terrific to hear from you!

Ballydun, briantheflute and all else I have missed! Take care of yourselves. Brian, I know what a pain it is to be without a pc. I used the one at the local college or library when I could till I got my new pc. Hope that helps.

Much hugs to all!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
marti64 
Posted: 24-Sep-2006, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Good morning everyone!!!! I hope and pray that things for my hubby are loking up!!! We turned a major corner yesterday(Sat) and Dan might be able to have the intibatin tube out this week!!1
One hurdle over, many more to go!!!

I hope that everyone is well!!!! You are all in my prayers as well
!!!!! Love Ya!!!! Marti

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
crazykiltedcelt 
Posted: 24-Sep-2006, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

LOCH MOY
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: utah

male

Marti know we love you and pray for dan's quick return to health.

love you girl!! CKC. hug.gif

--------------------
shout freedom and loose the legs of woe

A man in a kilt is a man & an halve
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 24-Sep-2006, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi all,

JP - COOL wings!! laugh.gif Did you borrow 'em from Wright Pat? Best of luck on the video (that's wonderful!). I hope you have a lot of fun doing it. Congrats on the sportswriting, too! I'm sure you'll get right back into the hang of it again, don't worry. cool.gif

Mike - Good luck with your interviews, too! Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll find a job that you'll enjoy for a long time.

Briantheflute - It's always good to hear from you. Stop by as often as you can, and let us know how things are going with you.

Marti - I'm so glad to hear that Dan's better!! One step at a time, and soon he'll be back home with you hug.gif Keeping you both in my prayers....

CR - How are things with you?? Have you seen improvements yet? How's your friend doing now that a little bit of time has gone by to absorb it all? I hope you're both feeling better, and getting the answers you need.

BGL, Balleydun, SB, Gwenlee, Sisterknight, CKC, Rindy, Wizard, -- hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!! I can't believe we're this far into September already! Halloween decorations are starting to pop up and pumpkins are out for sale again. It can't be that time yet! ohmy.gif ph34r.gif

Take care everyone!
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 25-Sep-2006, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!

I'm over at the library right now, picking up some stuff that came in. I saw that some Internet terminals were open, so I thought I'd hop on and say hi.

I don't know if I told any of you this or not, but I was housesitting last week (Monday-Friday) for my parents, who were on vacation in Seattle. They had these vouchers from just over a year ago. My dad and uncle were supposed to go to their ship's reunion (they were in the Navy during Korea) in Baton Rouge, LA last year. It got cancelled because of Katrina. My dad had these vouchers from American Airlines, so they decided to use them to go someplace where they'd never been before. I dropped them off and picked them up at O'Hare Airport, which I hated because I don't like going to O'Hare no.gif . Too busy. Also, their return flight was delayed because of bad weather here. They were supposed to get in at 7:45 pm. They didn't get back until 12:30 am. It was a nightmare. I had to circle around several times.

It sounds like they had a great time in Seattle. They went to the Space Needle and the Pike Street Market. Also, they took a day trip up to Vancouver, which they said was really nice. They bought me a CD-ROM with pictures of the Pacific Northwest, which I installed on my computer and added them to my rotating file of wallpapers and screensavers.

Hope you all are doing well.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
CelticRoz 
Posted: 26-Sep-2006, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello to all! Many thanks for your thoughts and prayers so very much! Becky has not recieved her blood work results yet, but hopefully soon and not as bad as she is worried about!

All is well here but I have been so freaking busy. Thankfully, I have been selling some artwork that my DH (dear hubby) is gracious enough to hang in his shop. so I was getting pretty low and spent half a day framing new prints and stuff to sell in the shop. I have many irons in the fire right now that some days I cannot even get on the pc. I manage to catch up somehow, but late. Please forgive me.

Mike! Good luck on your interviews!

So hard to believe that Halloween is just right around the corner! My gosh! I wonder if time flies as fast for young people as it does for some of us older folks? When I was a youngster, I don't remember time flying this fast!

Marti! Thinking of you and your DH!

Hello to all! Dreamer! Always so terrific to hear from you and know what is going on! Hope all is well with you and every one else on here!

Hugs!
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 27-Sep-2006, 05:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hello everyone.
I am here at home for a short while - gotta go to the Dr., for some blood work... doctor.gif
Then I am off t work...again!

Dreamer: naw, I didn't borrow the jet from Wright-Pat AFB! They frown on things like that.

Also, I decided not to try sportswriting. I just have too much going on right now than to add another iron in the fire.

See ya all soon!
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 27-Sep-2006, 07:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Good Morning all. It is a bit chilly this AM, but so nice. I've been off work since Monday and it has been so nice. I did some more unpacking, took my mom to lunch, and today I think I am going to buy some flowers to plant.

Everyone in my family is doing well. Chey is coming along in her bagpipe lessons. She was stumbling for awhile and we were a little concerned. So her teacher has tried a different approach and WOW she has really taken off. She is even talking about actually joining a pipe a drum band in the next year.

Well I have to go. I'll check in later.

Gwenlee
ballydun 
Posted: 27-Sep-2006, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Just checking in. I hope everyone is recovering well, feeling better and that life is treating everyone OK. We are all doing alright here. My husband has kinda gotten over his Life Sucks crisis and is becoming human again. I think I'll keep him wink.gif

Our web site for the store is coming along, but now were are running out of money to keep the store stocked and operating. My Dad's death has really hurt us in so many ways, and the store's financial well being is one of them. I hope things look up soon. I can't afford to find a "real job"!

I'm always thinking about you all and keeping everyone in my prayers...even those of you who are not in troubling times.
God Bless you and Keep you all safe!

thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 29-Sep-2006, 08:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Hello!!!!!! Things are quieting down a bit..Hubby is now having dialysis to clean up his kidneys, and hopefully will be weaned off the O@ soon!!

The cats are going crazy!!!! I hope that i don't have to keep going 35 miles out of my way(well, kinda( every day to visit him!!! I want to pick him up out of the bed and have him home!!

But only time will tell!!! It would be a good anniversary/Birthday present, now, wouldn't it????(Oct.27/31 respectfully)
I will have a party!!!!

hope everyone has a good weekend, and takes it easy!!!! I think it is gonna rain here in the EASt!!!! (how I hate to drive in the rain!!!!!!) rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif disgust.gif
Marti
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 30-Sep-2006, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi all....what a beautiful morning we are enjoying here in the bluegrass. Nice fall day, sunny and cool. Perfect weather for eldest grandsons football game. Later the entire family (those in KY) are getting together for dinner at a nearby restaurant one last time before my mom leaves for the winter.

Marti....you have been in my thoughts so much, wondering how both you and your hubby are doing. I hope that hubby is much improved way before your birthday/anniversary and that you can celebrate both events with hubby in good health. Keep your spirits up and know we are all here sending good thoughts your way.

ballydun...so glad to hear that your hubby is getting over his 'life sucks" crisis and you've decided to keep him. biggrin.gif My hubby went through it when he was 39 and our first born was graduating from highschool. He thought we had accomplished all that we had set out to do and wondered if that was all there was. Well, soon afterwards, we completely changed our lifestyle. We up and moved from Michigan to Kentucky, bought a 100+ acre farm and discovered that life is constantly changing. Life is better than ever, but there was a time when I wasn't so sure. I've decided that man's midlife crisis is just as traumatic to them as anything us females go through. wink.gif

qwenlee...glad to hear that you and yours are doing well. Glad that Chey is enjoying the bagpipes.

Hi to Jp, CR, Dreamer, MDF, Rindy and everyone else. Hope you enjoy your weekend.

Has anyone heard from wizard lately? He hasn't posted for almost a month. Hope he is okay.

BGL smile.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Oct-2006, 03:33 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Sorry I have not been around much. I have taken to other irons in the fire at this time. As a result I am fortunate to get on the pc 2-3 times a week! Have a lot going on. Wanted to share with y'alll that I won a photo contest for the local humane society. They called in outside judges but seemed to really like my photos. I submitted 5 and they chose 2, the first time a dog has been chosen twice for a calendar. I have no idea which ones they chose or if both photos will make it on the 2007 animal calendar. I guess I will find out the end of October. Just wanted to share.

All else is going well. I have just been very very busy. I am so loving this broadband that I have now though! thumbs_up.gif

many hugs to y'all!
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 02-Oct-2006, 04:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

G'morning.....Can't believe it's October already. Hubby and I are heading out on Friday for 10-12 days, first to St. Louis, for their Scottish games, then to Fairfield Bay, Arkansas for a week where we will be at a timeshare resort. Heading home through Tennessee, so we might stay in Nashville for a day or two. I am so looking forward to it. tongue.gif

CR... How exciting for you to have your photos selected. Glad to see that other people, besides us, appreciate your talent!! biggrin.gif

We enjoyed watching our grandson play an exciting game of football Saturday, the best his team has played all season. They finally won it 20-14. Then we met up with the rest of the family at a local restaurant for a yummy dinner.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend, however you spent it!! smile.gif

BGL
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 02-Oct-2006, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

CR - can you post the pic of yours that won the contest? We'd love to see it!

I had a meeting this morning with a continuing education advisor, at THE Ohio State University. I may return to Buckeye Land to get my Masters.
I don't know though. Life is busy enough now as it is!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Oct-2006, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

hey JP! Good luck on your meeting. What would you be majoring in for your masters?

I would gladly share with you the photos I took of Nikki, but I do not know which 2 out of the 5 I entered they selected. Plus, I don't know if they will use both photos. Anxious to find out as soon as I can though. Will let you know and post the pic/s that won! Thanks to you and BGL for your support.

BGL, what team is your grandson playing on? That must be so very exciting!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]