Posted: 29-Jun-2009, 01:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

QUOTE (Emmalou @ 27-Jun-2009, 06:20 PM)
I love the Highlander series by Diana Gabaldon and can't wait for the next installment to come out this Fall...I hadn't however read her Lord John books...I bought the first one recently and it was a tiny bit convoluted following all the twists and turns of the "whodunit" it was a good read and I will definitely by buying the other three...any other Gabaldon fans out there?

Welcome Emmalou! As LeeLee stated, there are a bunch of us DG fans. She has her own thread here the The Book Stop. Here is the link to find us:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...pic=6310&st=375

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Faerydreamer 
Posted: 06-Jul-2009, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Coal Country, PA

female

I am reading 'The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers' by Angie Fox. I won a signed copied through the www.bittenbybooks.com website. This website reviews books about the paranormal.

I love this book. It is really full of action. The heroine is one that I can imagine being.

I have also read all but the latest book by Yasmine Galenorn. She has a series call 'The Otherworld.' It is about three half fae sisters. One is a werecat, one is a spellcaster, and the third has been turned into a vampire. They are on this side of the Otherworld trying to keep the demons at bay.

Check out both of the authors.

--------------------
Lady Faerydreamer

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
DesertRose 
Posted: 17-Oct-2009, 01:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Just finished "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. Very good book. Now reading "23 Minutes in Hell" by Bill Wiese. Boy! This guy didn't last long in hell. From what I am reading, I don't blame him! Yikes!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
Posted: 18-Oct-2009, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Ready for some racin'!
Group Icon

Group: Hogwarts
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

"Parish The Thought" by John Ruane.

It is his memoirs, about growing up in a Catholic parish, St. Bede The Venerable in the Archdiocese of Chicago, in the 1960s.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Antwn 
Posted: 18-Oct-2009, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

Two in the Dresden Files series which I reeeeally enjoyed, by Jim Butcher.

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
Nancy-Raven 
Posted: 01-Jul-2010, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

I'm reading Obsidian butterfly by Laurell K Hamilton .I first receive a book from my boyfriend and buy all other of this serie .I like the character of Anita Blake.

N-R Hellfire
www.ravencostume.blogspot.com/
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
gcw57 
  Posted: 01-Jul-2010, 08:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

I have just finished "Wishful Drinking" by Carrie Fisher - a tortured, yet funny look at Carrie's life since electroshock therapy. As totally bizarre as her life has been, she actually seems to be quite grounded - now!

Today I finished "When Summer is in the Meadow" by Niall Williams and Christeen Breen - two Manhattan people who moved to a tiny farm in County Clare and their adventures. This is the second of 4 or 5 books that they wrote together.

I am currently reading "Extreme Denial" by David Morrell which is fiction about an anti-terrorist operative who walks away from a fiasco but finds his former life isn't quite done with him. I like David's books, he's up to nearly 20 of them and I enjoy the pace and style with which he writes.

So many books and so little time! book.gif

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 02-Jul-2010, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

QUOTE (Nancy-Raven @ 01-Jul-2010, 12:06 PM)
I'm reading Obsidian butterfly by Laurell K Hamilton .

I enjoy Laurell Hamilton but I have read her Meredith Gentry series. Laurell really knows how to treat the faerie. I am waiting for Divine Misdemeanors to come out in paperback at the end of this month.

I finished An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon and I must say it didn't finish like I thought it would. I can't wait for the next in the series.

Right now I am reading Haunting Warrior by Erin Quinn and An Irish Country Doctor by Patrick Taylor (depends on my mood biggrin.gif).

Has anyone read the Twilight series? I have seen two of the movies and I really don't get the cult following. I hope the books are better.

I agree with gcw57 "so many books so little time".

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Nancy-Raven 
Posted: 09-Jul-2010, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

Flora , I did read the Twilight books a long time before the movie but I did not scream everytime the name is pronounce or looks like on a cloud .I don't really understand why there is so a great cult to that maybe because of the romance , young girl dream to be Bella and live a love story.Having two men ready to fight for a girl , who can resist?I think the reaction is just a little too much .

The books have more details and are easy to read.I receive them as a gift but I will probably not by it by myself because they are a little expensive(20-25$ in my currency) to compare to what I usually pay for an Anita Blake or Patricia Briggs (my actual reading today Ironed kiss) 10-14$.Yes they are smaller books but even the serie Sookie Stackhouse is less expensive ( 18$).

If you really want to read them , borrow them to someone you know or try to get it at the library.

Nancy-Raven
www.ravencostume.blogspot.com/
PMEmail PosterUsers Website               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 09-Jul-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Empire of the Summer Moon, by S.C. Gwynne. Its the story of the Commanche Indians in Texas. A fascinating history, many things I did not know. A very good read!
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 19-Feb-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

Been reading THE BURNING LAND by Bernard Cornwell, who is the author of the Richard Sharpe novels (you may have seen the Sharpe series on PBS). Its told in the 1st person of Lord Uhtred of Bebbanburg. "A rousing saga about the birth fo England and the legendary king who made it possible." Here is part of the promo:

"At the end of the 9th century, King Alfred of Wessex is in ill health, his heir an untested youth. His enemy, the Danes, having failed to conquer Wessex, now see a chance for victory. Led by the sword of svage warrior Harold Bloodhair, the Viking hordes attack. But Uhtred, Alfred's reluctant warload, proves his worth... but the sweetness of victory is soon overshadowed by tragedy..."

Here is an excerpt from Bernard Cornwell's official website:
http://www.bernardcornwell.net/index2.cfm?...age=3&BookId=50
PMEmail Poster                
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 04-Mar-2011, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Reading loads of books at the same time.

Right now I am reading Parzival by Wolfram von Eschenbach.

One of my favorite stories.

Also reading alongside Prince Valiant. My late father gave me his whole collection of books he had. So whenever I read those I feel closer to him.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Gilliechattan 
Posted: 08-Mar-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Peasant
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Rhode Island

male

Wow, you folks read some great books, on my desk is "The Story of Scotland" by Nigel Trantor. I know Trantor's books are usually thought of as "historical fiction" and indeed I do have a fair number his novels, but this one is is take on Scotland's history from his perspective as a Scotsman and novelist.

It is a good read and refreshing to read history from a Scot's point of view.

Slainte'

Mac
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 08-Mar-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Started reading "Out of the Darkness: The Phantom's Journey" by Sadie Montgomery.

Finished part 1 the day before. I read sometimes several books at once. It's part 2 of a 6 book series about the Phantom of the Opera and what happened after he left the Opera House.
The reading order:

Phoenix of the Opera
Out of the Darkness: The Phantom's Journey
The Phantom's Opera
Phantom Death
Phantom Madness
Phantom Murder

I love to read those on my kindle.

It's a great series for all of those who love the story about the Phantom and what happened to him when he left (as shown in the movie).
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Eimhir 
Posted: 11-Oct-2011, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: The Arkansas Ozarks

female

I have a couple of books going right now. First off there is "Ascension Magick: Ritual, Myth & Healing for the New Aeon", by Christopher Penczak. It explores the roots of ascension and shows some common roots of the Lightworkers, New Agers, Pagans, Witches and other Magick workers. A very interesting and informative book.

I am also reading, "Changing Reality", by Serge Kahili King. It explores how what we believe is what we see. We create our reality through our beliefs.

And for fun, right now I am reading, "Dixie Divas", by Virginia Brown

--------------------
user posted image

Aw the wit i the warld's no in ae pow
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt