Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Member Welcome, Introduce yourself to the community.
weewoman 
Posted: 14-Nov-2004, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (vorlich @ 11-Nov-2004, 05:43 PM)
Hi to all, and thankyou very much for your welcome messages. And was it weewifie who comes from Greenock? I too am sorry that you are so far away. The Scots are thin on the ground here in Port Townsend where I live. I'd just love to get together with a bunch of them and have a couple of pints and a blether. It's my own fault for leaving Canada! This technology and the internet an' a' that is wonderful, but yeah canna beat one-on-one wi' a pint of guid ale! If there are any respondents out there Scottish or not who are within hailing distance of me, then give me a shout. I am particularly interested in places reasonably close in, such as Victoria BC, or Vancouver. So tell me Greenock wifie whit is in Kansas that you like so much? Many Scots/Brits down there? When did you leave Scotland? Go back very often? Best wishes to all of you out there. - Vorlich, (Alan)

vorlich.. I left hame quite a few years ago went back 4 years ago for ma mam's birthday, my brother paid for it or a widnae been there skint man lol.. I havnae met anotehr scottish person here yet.. I had to go tae games to meet scottish people sad.. I get lonely wi no hearing ma accent ye know.. so a agree this wee box is loverly.. still would love tae hear an accent elly mate phoned me and let me hear a good accent not long ago and she is the nicest person, thanks tae this box I have met and grown to love her and gabbie, I left scotland when I was 16 and that was donkeys agao... am no telling ye ma age unsure.gif canny wait tae hear mare frae ye vorlich...

--------------------
weewoman
PMEmail Poster               
weewoman 
Posted: 14-Nov-2004, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

female

ELLY angel_not.gif ... it is nice to see you too.. where ye wummin
PMEmail Poster               
Pamellita 
Posted: 14-Nov-2004, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

female

biggrin.gif OK, I am a new one here. I will be lurking a bit at first, to get to know you. It is just in my nature to be shy like that.
Hello, and peace.
Pamellita
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to Pamellita, you just jump right in! We would love talking to you. And also a warm Welcome to Shelaur hope you enjoy the music and the forums. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
celticpaddler 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Southern Ontario

male

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the website and hope to meet and chat with as many of you as possible who love Celtic music tongue.gif I think it will take me a while to get used to navigating around the website but I am surely looking forward to it biggrin.gif

Take a peek at my profile where I have listed a few of my fav artists and bands. I've probably buggered part of it already sad.gif But comments are always welcome.

A bit about me...

I live in a country seeting along the beautiful St Clair River in Southern Ontario, Canada near tiny hamlet of Sombra. Gardening, canoeing and heaping lots a love on my two labs and Husky keep me pretty busy. I like to get out for a pint or 2 cool.gif at the local Irish pub. Travel destinations are Montreal and Boston as I have family there.

My Mum's from Edinburgh and Dad was from Germany...so there's some good blood in me angel_not.gif

Ok enough blather...here's to new friendships beer_mug.gif

Mike.
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 01:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

Hello Pamellita and Celticpaddler! It's nice of you to join us. Please jump right and and join us for some fun. You'll really like it here.

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
celtica 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 01:39 PM
Quote Post

Lady of the mists
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Brest - Brittany

female

Welcome to all the new members I missed, glad to have you here. Hope you'll enjoy the music and the communauty. We're impatient to know you better ! smile.gif

And Mike, the next one is for me wink.gif beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Que restera-t-il de notre sang mêlé au sel, sans trace dans les mémoires ? Une ultime navigation, trompeuse. Et des souvenirs, illuminés d'embruns. Mais condamnés au silence de la mer... Loïc Finaz.
user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
celticpaddler 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

male

Many thanks for the welcomes tongue.gif

First silly question...how come our location is not evident next to our avatar? For example I'm from beautiful Southern Ontario...well actually it's quite dreary right now..........................'cause it's NOVEMBER!!!

BBBRRRR unsure.gif sad.gif

smile.gif smile.gif

Mike.
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (celticpaddler @ 15-Nov-2004, 06:58 PM)
Many thanks for the welcomes tongue.gif

First silly question...how come our location is not evident next to our avatar? For example I'm from beautiful Southern Ontario...well actually it's quite dreary right now..........................'cause it's NOVEMBER!!!

BBBRRRR unsure.gif sad.gif

smile.gif smile.gif

Mike.

It's something our owner has decided to not include, as far as I know. I've always thought it would be nice to have that info there too. Maybe you should suggest it to him. Post a question in the Technical Support forum. smile.gif

btw, I'm jealous of your location. I love Ontario!
celticpaddler 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

male

Thanks Brian I'll give that a try, but I don't want to rock the boat, so to say. I'm sure that the moderator could easily kick me right outa' here... as quickly as I have appeared angel_not.gif

Must say though that I'm having a hard time figuring out how to listen to Celtic music while surfing the forum posts. It comes and goes. I notice that the sound quality is not very good.

I have good speakers...

Quit yer complainin' Mike and just enjoy this excellent website thumbs_up.gif smile.gif smile.gif

Mike.
PMEmail Poster               
Avonlea22 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (celticpaddler @ 15-Nov-2004, 07:31 PM)
Thanks Brian I'll give that a try, but I don't want to rock the boat, so to say. I'm sure that the moderator could easily kick me right outa' here... as quickly as I have appeared angel_not.gif

Oh, he's very open to suggestions.
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome celticpaddler it will be nice talking to you. I hope you get the music figured out. I am about out of time on my 365 and not sure how to get it over to my winamp. But I guess when I start getting withdrawls from not hearing it I will figure it out.
Glad your here. thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Spradley 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Rocky Mtn Highlander and Renaissance Scot
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Colorado

male

Failte celticpaddler and Pamellita biggrin.gif

--------------------
Sláinte

Brad

Deus Juvat "God Assists"

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
Robert A. Heinlein

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Nov-2004, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome Trout,

Being from the West in the U.S. I think that is a fine name. Welcome here. I hope you enjoy the forums and the music. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 16-Nov-2004, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Welcome to you gunter! Enjoy! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]