Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

HIGHLAND GAMES

Outlander is back for another season and it is not failing to disappoint with every episode. This week's episode will be near and dear to all those that enjoy the sights, sounds, food and drinks of the Scottish Highland Games.

Weaving into the story a 1960s Highland Game filmed at Pollack Park is just brilliant. And for anyone accustom to all of the traditions and events of the Games, you will be yearning to schedule a visit to your local Highland Games as soon as possible. From the Calling of the Clans, the Caleigh, Bagpipers, Tossing of the Caber and of course the Celtic music - it was all so very well done for Episode 3 of Season 4 for Outlander. We will definitely be watching this episode again to catch anything that we missed.

Which brings up a very good point. Scottish Culture and Highland Games are really enjoying a comeback and renewed interest everywhere. Call it a Renaissance! Starting with Disney's Scottish Princess movie (Merida), Game of Thrones Actors making appearances at the Games, the 2018 Netflix Movie Outlaw King and the millions of viewers that are enjoying the Outlander series.

So, it is no better time for you to consider attending a Highland Games! You don't need to be Scottish though - if you have a fine appreciation for drink, food and music then you will fit right in!

"If you’ve ever been to a Scottish Highland Games event or are contemplating one, this list’s for you. Kilts, food & whisky aplenty, live entertainment, occasional celebrity sightings and more, these events held around the world provide a fantastic venue for connecting to your Scottish roots (ancestral or acquired) and fellow Scots-obsessed pals."

Read more from the Outlander Cast website for the top ten reasons to Attend a Scottish Highland Game.

user posted image

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]