Swanny 
Posted: 27-Sep-2006, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

Rose, please keep us posted on your progress. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Maggie.

Swanny

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 29-Sep-2006, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

I got great news today from the animal shelter! Maggie has been adopted out to a family with children. I had already paid for her adoption fee, but someone else who loved her as much as I did paid for half of her spaying fee. So of course, we all hope all goes well in the new home! There have been several dogs adopted at the shelter lately as well, so we are pretty excited right now

Just wanted to share...thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Swanny 
Posted: 30-Sep-2006, 12:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

That is excellent news. Thanks for sharing it.

Swanny
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 01-Oct-2006, 11:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Your welcome! I hope to be going over there this week and checking over the new dogs.

I have to brag a wee bit. Hope you don't mind. I entered a photo contest for the 2007 animal calendar in my area. They brought outside judges in and two of my photos were selected. they told me this was the first time that two photos of the same dog was selected for a calendar, but the judges loved my photos. I am not sure if they will end up using one or both of my photosi, but either way the calendar sales all goes to the local humane society! Go me! thumbs_up.gif
Swanny 
Posted: 02-Oct-2006, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

You ROCK!!!! band.gif

Congratulations. Is there some way that we can see the photos on-line? Maybe when the calendar is published?

Swanny
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 02-Oct-2006, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

hey Swanny! I have all the photos of Nikki on CD. I made sure of that! I wish I knew which ones they were using for the calendar. will have to wait till the end of October. In the meantime, I keep telling Nikki he is a calender model! LOL. I am sure he has no clue what the heck I am talking about but I just keep praising him anyway. He seems to enjoy it nonetheless! wink.gif laugh.gif
Patch 
Posted: 19-Apr-2008, 07:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I rescued my dog though not from a shelter. It took a while but I became the Alpha dog and he became whatever is next in line. He has to be close to me all the time and watches my every move. When I am home and accept someone into the house he is a big 7 yr old puppy. However if he is alone or I raise my voice, he turns nasty. He thinks of us as a dog pack and that is his role. I would never part with him. I have found him a good home should he out live me. They have kept him while I have been away at times and he eats and plays with their dog. They say he spends a lot of time looking out the window though. That is sort of touching.

Slàinte,    

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 24-Apr-2008, 01:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

I am very upset right now. I helped rescue a Shih tzu a few months back from our animal control shelter. I found out last night that someone tried to break in the back yard where the new doggie lives and when she was let out to go potty the following morning, she and all four of their dogs were running about free! the owners found three of the dogs but cannot find the Shih tzu. Not only are the new owners devastated, but I am as well. I am praying some coyote didn't get her. But if someone took her in, I pray they have the heart to have her checked as she has been microchipped. Unfortunately, she was not wearing a color.

Just really tears at my heart as I know it does for the new owners. I pray she will be found and returned to these folks who love her so and are devastated. She was originally named, Sophie, but since called Buddy. Any of you who believe in prayer, I ask for your prayers for a safe return of Buddy/Sophie to the owners who are hurting badly right now.

Thanks!

valpal59 
Posted: 24-Apr-2008, 09:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

I am so sorry Celticrose. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Buddy's new owners.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
ctbard 
Posted: 25-Apr-2008, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

Any news on Buddy Celtic Rose? I am sending prayers her way also.

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Apr-2008, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Celtic Rose. Oh that is so sad. I am glad that she has a micro chip and may be all will turn out. I'll bet someone has her. Let us know what happens if you find out anything.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
DesertRose 
Posted: 30-Apr-2008, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks all for your prayers. Still no word or whereabouts on Buddy. I can only trust that some kind new soul took her in and is giving her another loving home that dog desperately needs. There were ads in the paper and everything. No one has reported having found the dog or having her checked for microchip. So someone got her and is keeping her....at best. I still pray that no hawk, owl or coyote got her though. It is starting to get hot here in Arizona and I continue to worry, but just have to leave it up to God and all the prayers that have gone her way for safety.

Many thanks again all!
Jillian 
Posted: 23-Jul-2008, 11:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

I'm new to the community...just tuned in here. I used to foster Rotties who were abused, and you definitely need to set the boundaries around your Alpha position. I never had the problems that the owners claimed they had. I rescued both my German Shephers/Alsatians and one has some wolf heritage. I rescued one from Arizona and one from West Virginia. The one from Arizona ran with a pack and was quite the "bolter"...that took years to break! The one I rescued from West Virgina was from a crack dealer's home...he was training it to guard. Both are now balanced pack members and my best friends. It has taken alot of work.

I appreciate the comment : [The only way to eliminate the euthanization of healthy animals is to either reduce the population of animals to a point where there are more people wanting animals than there are animals to fill the need, or reduce the population of irresponsible who own animals, allow the to reproduce indiscrimnately and then feel no compunction or remorse about dumping them into the wilds.] .

I vote for reduction of irresponsible and selfish people who impulsively obtain pets and then discard them when they "tire" of them.

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
DesertRose 
Posted: 23-Jul-2008, 11:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

female

Jillian! Great job on all you have done for the animal population of this world.

I am probably not saying the correct things here, but want you to know that I fully support you and your work and wish I could be so involved.

Camac
Posted: 24-Jul-2008, 10:11 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (DesertRose @ 23-Jul-2008, 11:47 PM)
Jillian! Great job on all you have done for the animal population of this world.

I am probably not saying the correct things here, but want you to know that I fully support you and your work and wish I could be so involved.

Desertrose;

I agree most heartily. Jillian is doing a great job. As a dog lover though it hurts that I have to enforce my employers policy of no dogs in the building. I can understand their point as a lot of damage has been done in the past but that is not the dog to blame but the owner.

Camac.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt