Posted: 01-Mar-2004, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (shamalama @ Mar 1 2004, 05:57 PM)

pickup truck . . . yep, although it's only 6 years old
3 coon hounds . . . yep, if you count labs as coon dogs
shotgun . . . yep, though with no gun rack

Yee Haw!

Oh My. Even his avatar looks like a redneck in a kilt! laugh.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
RobertH 
Posted: 01-Mar-2004, 09:51 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Washington

male

Hmmm, pet peeve? How about the boy that calls my daughter every night?
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 02-Mar-2004, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

My daughter's only 10, but I'm waiting for the day... I guess I'll be needing to start saving for my own shotgun. I can polish it while Megan's dates are waiting for her to finish getting ready. gunsmilie.gif

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 02-Mar-2004, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ Mar 2 2004, 09:08 AM)
My daughter's only 10, but I'm waiting for the day... I guess I'll be needing to start saving for my own shotgun. I can polish it while Megan's dates are waiting for her to finish getting ready. gunsmilie.gif

I'm sure glad I'm past THAT phase. My youngest daughter just turned 30 and I am considering posting personal adds in the paper to get someone to take her. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 02-Mar-2004, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

You are part of that package, right?

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 02-Mar-2004, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

male

Which package? I'm conflused..... unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

I actually know a guy who did exactly what I was saying. He has a very attractive daughter. A boy came to pick her up for a date, and Wayne was sitting at the kitchen table, polishing his shotgun. He never threatened the kid and was very cordial, but sent a very clear message.
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

My soon-to-be wife and I were already "an item", but I wanted to do the right thing and ask her father's permission to marry. They already "knew" we were going to marry, but the official "tell the parents" day came and she and I were sitting on their sofa, and I asked them for permission to marry their daughter.

He then decided to "show me" the shotgun he always kept in the closet. I admired the fine craftmanship of the weapon. I was later told that my face was so pale you could barely see the drops of sweat dripping from my brow.

I later found out that all this had been planned beforehand just to see my expression. It took me a month to "unpucker".

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Oh My Gosh!! I thought you guys were supposed to stick together, but you all seem to draw that line when it comes to daughters. laugh.gif (Thank goodness.)

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
oldraven 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

My biggest Pet Peeve is when people complain. Which is why I've stayed away from this thread, I guess.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 11:06 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ Mar 3 2004, 11:03 AM)
Oh My Gosh!! I thought you guys were supposed to stick together, but you all seem to draw that line when it comes to daughters. laugh.gif (Thank goodness.)

Dreamer1

There's a special relationship between fathers and daughters. Where my little girl is concerned, I can't be too careful or too protective. I can teach my boys to be careful and, if they make a mistake, do the right thing. I can try to teach my daughter that, but when her boyfriends are concerned, I can only hope his parents did the same. If she gets in trouble it affects her for the rest of her life, especially if her boyfriend bails.

And your assessment about us not drawing together about our daughters is not quite correct. I have to believe that any father who really loves his daughter understands and supports other fathers who feel the same.
PMEmail Poster               
Armo 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

male

ok.. another thing that annoys me..... (Besides telemarketers and spam mail)

When I am short on time and people try to sell me things as I am walking into a grocery store... What annoys me even more is the same people try to sell me things as I am walking OUT of the store... After I told them I was not interested 10 minutes before. The second time I dont even look at them, I just point at my watch hoping they get the hint.

Its like... I used to get people calling me on the phone trying to sell me things during dinner time.. I get people sending me 100 pieces of Spam mail when I am just trying to check my email. I get 10 pieces or regular junk mail when I am just trying to check to see if I have any bills. I really get annoyed and don?t need more people trying push more things on me when I am just trying to complete daily tasks like shopping for food.
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Armo @ Mar 3 2004, 12:31 PM)
ok.. another thing that annoys me..... (Besides telemarketers and spam mail)

When I am short on time and people try to sell me things as I am walking into a grocery store... What annoys me even more is the same people try to sell me things as I am walking OUT of the store... After I told them I was not interested 10 minutes before. The second time I dont even look at them, I just point at my watch hoping they get the hint.

Its like... I used to get people calling me on the phone trying to sell me things during dinner time.. I get people sending me 100 pieces of Spam mail when I am just trying to check my email. I get 10 pieces or regular junk mail when I am just trying to check to see if I have any bills. I really get annoyed and don?t need more people trying push more things on me when I am just trying to complete daily tasks like shopping for food.

But how can you refuse Girl Scout cookies?! So what if they're selling them outside the store. They're Girl Scout cookies!
PMEmail Poster               
gettin-away 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Flushing Michigan USA

male

My biggest peeve are those folks who park in Handicap spots in the parking lot who aren't disabled. My daughter has cerebral palsy and she has always refused the suggestion of getting a permit for using handicap spots. Her thought is, as long as she is able to walk she wouldn't take any special treatment. Then I see so many people who's thoughts are that they'll only be a minute so who's it hurt.

My brother is also wheelchair bound and many times we have had to park way out because all the designated spots are full. Only to see someone run out of the store and hop into one of these cars and speed off.

gettin-away

--------------------
Paradox...Dirty socks...Glacier Rocks...Goldilocks

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Armo 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 08:56 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ Mar 3 2004, 01:29 PM)

But how can you refuse Girl Scout cookies?! So what if they're selling them outside the store. They're Girl Scout cookies!

Its not just Girl Scout cookies.. Its Magazine subscriptions, Newspapers, petitions, voting registration... ect... ect... Sometimes I just want to shop for my groceries after work and get home.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]