> Joys And Concerns
Ríobhca31 
Posted: 14-Feb-2005, 01:03 PM
Quote Post

Princess of Báisteach
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Wisconsin (Transplant, From Texas)

female

Woops! I'm soo sorry, I pasted this to the wrong room! Forgive me?! sad.gif

--------------------
Go mbeannaí Dia duit !
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Feb-2005, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (susieq76 @ 14-Feb-2005, 01:31 PM)
Hey all,

I got accepted into Meredith College! I am so excited!! (does a little dance around her cubicle) So, now I just need mucho financial aid! Please pray for that! This is such a great school, and I would love to have the experience of going to college and finishing my degree. Thanks!

Such really great news Susie! Will be praying for the finances you need to start school soon! What are you going to study?

IrishBecca! too funny! I was wondering what that was all about?! biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
susieq76 
Posted: 14-Feb-2005, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

Thanks Rose! I hope to study English and maybe minor in Communication or Journalism. But I am not fully sure yet. Have to get a few courses under my belt. But that is what excites me the most! I will be entering as a sophomore b/c they have courses no one else has that they require me to take, and then I can continue on with my studies. Yippee!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 15-Feb-2005, 07:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,377 Gold!

QUOTE (susieq76 @ 14-Feb-2005, 02:19 PM)
I hope to study English and maybe minor in Communication or Journalism. But I am not fully sure yet.

What happened to biology and/or botany? I always thought science chicks were hot. wink.gif

Congratulations on getting in Meredith.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
susieq76 
Posted: 15-Feb-2005, 09:00 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Apparently they don't like my kind of experiments, lol! Silly people....
PMMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 15-Feb-2005, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (susieq76 @ 14-Feb-2005, 02:19 PM)
Thanks Rose! I hope to study English and maybe minor in Communication or Journalism. But I am not fully sure yet. Have to get a few courses under my belt. But that is what excites me the most! I will be entering as a sophomore b/c they have courses no one else has that they require me to take, and then I can continue on with my studies. Yippee!

Sounds terrific, Susie! Keep us posted!
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 18-Feb-2005, 03:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 14-Feb-2005, 01:14 PM)
Bluegrass Lady, 

I am so glad to hear he is doing better.  Pneumonia is so scary!  My Dad who is 84 had it, and my Son had it it can really be awful. Does your father have any problems breathing, like emphysema?  I know that can make things real complicated. Hang in there.  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.. 

Slainte

Thanks, Rindy, for the prayers. Are so appreciated. My dad is 84 also. He is still pretty weak. Had him to the doctors on Tuesday. Will be going back this coming Tuesday so the doctor can take a chest x-ray to see if his chest is clear. If not, then a ct scan will be ordered. He does have some breathing problems caused by smoking many years ago. Thank goodness he quit back in the 60's. smile.gif

And, congratulations, susieq, on you acceptance to Meredith College. Glad to hear your good news. Hope all works out for you! biggrin.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 22-Feb-2005, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (susieq76 @ 14-Feb-2005, 01:31 PM)
I got accepted into Meredith College! I am so excited!! (does a little dance around her cubicle) ...

Hey, that's terrific! Sure hope you can find the funding and get on with pursuing your dream. Good luck!

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
susieq76 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 10:01 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Ugh - I need LOTS of prayers, guys! Everything seems to be falling apart at Meredith, and I am unsure why. The other choices I have don't seem anywhere near as appealing, and I am trying to have faith in God (faith of a mustard seed, faith of a mustard seed, faith of a....) about all of this. I have heard this happens - kind of like how things tend to go crazy right before a house gets sold or bought. But that doesn't make it fun. On top of trying to keep all of that straight, my aunt Connie (on my mom's side) has suddenly taken a turn for the worse (she has had cancer for years), and is dying quickly. I am not ready to say goodbye. I haven't even grieved over my other aunt's death yet, let alone grieved enough about my son's death, my dog's death, and a whole lot of other things I am pushing away. I am also trying to finish filling out grant papers for money for school, which is more torturous than anything Saddam Hussein ever thought up.

I feel so overwhelmed and confused, and like anything being asked of me right now is too much, so I would appreciate prayers.

Thanks guys.
PMMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh my, Susie! You are indeed going through a hard time. Where is the school you are applying? I have never heard of it, but then I live out west.

I am sorry to hear of your aunt's passing and now your other aunt being so ill. I never know what to say in times like this, but I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted and take care.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 21-Mar-2005, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

My prayers are with you, Susie! And so is God! Just remember you've got a family here who cares deeply about you, and I'm sure that if you need someone to talk to, each and every one of us would be more than glad to listen!

Take care of you, and God bless!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
susieq76 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Thanks guys! I do feel better. I got in the car to go to lunch yesterday, and K-LOVE ( a Christian radio station) was on. The song they were playing was "God Is Watching Over You". If none of you have heard the song, the gist of it is that God loves us no matter what we are going through, that He is watching out for us. Great words that I needed to hear smile.gif I also talked to my mom last night, and she put the college stuff in perspective. There is a lot riding on me going to college and which one I pick (not in terms of standing or anything, but my parents want me to be self-sufficient finally). Meredith College is a private women's college in Raleigh, NC. It is a wonderful place! But expensive.
Anywho, thanks for the prayers! I really covet them.
PMMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

susieq76,

He never gives us more than we can handle. Feel free to pm me if you need to talk. Life is so hard sometimes. What is that saying what doesn't kill us makes us strong, I should be Hercules by now laugh.gif
Keep The Faith!!!

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 04:06 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Susie! I get K-Love on my radio station in my car! It is a great station. Thanks for telling me where Meredith College was. I have never been to Raleigh. I have friends who live there though. Take care!
susieq76 
Posted: 25-Mar-2005, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

ZodiacVine

female

Hey Rose,

No problem! I love K-LOVE. It is great. I have a new friend who just joined here online. I hope you guys will get to meet him - he is a Christian, and his name is Adam. I'll see if I can drag him over here to say hi to everyone! Thanks for the prayers.
PMMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]