Posted: 17-Sep-2009, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hi everyone!

I haven't been posting here as much as I should (I have been lurking though)!

Right now, I am currently taking a class at a community college, to possibly become an unarmed security guard. The class meets once a week for about three hours. You need 20 hours of training to get your PERC card to be employed as an unarmed security guard. I may go back at a later date for firearms training to get my FOID card so I can become an armed guard.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
leenie 
Posted: 20-Sep-2009, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,064 Gold!

hello Everyone Yeah yeah I know it's been a long time since I got on here and wrote anything...but have been so busy all summer...My son is getting married next Saturday and this next week is going to be crazy! The wedding is 2 hours from here and we have to make the drive 3 days in a row...I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't going to rain...they decided on an outdoor wedding...always tricky to pull off no matter what time of year it is...If the weather cooperates it should be beautiful...they are decorating with fall mums and have built a gazebo for the musicians to play during the ceremony...She is having 7 attendents so it is going to be a large group and they have maxed out the occupancy on the place for the reception...actually had to go over the guest list several times to whittle it down so everyone could get in...
My granddaughter is growing like a weed, she is almost 16 months old now and so smart and funny...
Our encampment is coming up in less than a month and we can't wait to see old friends from all over down at Fort Massac. Hope all of you have had a good summer and have a glorious Fall...
MDF3530 
Posted: 20-Sep-2009, 06:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Hi everyone!

I have some great news to share with you.

My best friend Nathan and his wife have welcomed their first child! Oliver Taran Fuller was born a week ago Friday.
gwenlee 
Posted: 29-Sep-2009, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Everyone

I know it has been awhile. But time seems to slip by quickly.

I had a great time in Washington state with my sister, time went by way too quickly.

My oldest daughter is expecting her first child and I am so excited.

I will be getting ready for the Stone Mountain Highland Games next month and will be spending the week there helping with set up.

That is it in a nut shell. Hopefully thing will settle down after the games... probably not because we will be into the holiday season.

Take care

gwenlee
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 18-Oct-2009, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

hi to all of my good friends here! I hope all is going well with you all. The weather here is cold and in the higher elevations we got snow today, a little early for this time of year. The weather wasn't the best for the summer, lots of rain. I was hoping for an Indian Summer, I don't think that's going to happen.
This morning hubby and I left for Railroad Days in a neighboring county, it was colder than what we thought it would be, so we decided to take a ride upon a mountian and look at the fall colors. The scenery was spectacular with all the different colors and the snow capping some of the mts. and trees. After that excursion, came home and put a beef roast in the oven and made homemade bread in my bread machine, that was all the cooking I have did for the day. I started watching Angela's Ashes on DVD earlier but decided to put it on pause and finish watching later.
I'm feeling a lil' melancholy today, my baby girl turned 27 years old today.
I hope everyone stays healthy and escapes the dreaded swine flu or the other.
Have a great week and take care!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
gwenlee 
Posted: 26-Oct-2009, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Everyone

I hope all of you are staying well. I have been sick for the past week with the flu. I had a great time at the Stone Mountain Highland Games. It was cold and wet during the set up week, but we had a really good crew that showed up despite the weather and got things done. Saturday was so cold and wet. We didn't have the down pour of rain but it did mist some and the ground was cold.

This flu has been awful. Today has been my best day. But I think I over did it some and now I am sore all over and tired. The doctor gave me some strong stuff for the pain because motrin and tylenol wasn't taking care of the pain.

DR, lucky you getting to see Diana Gabaldon. I have started the new book but I haven't gotten far, reading is making me sick since I have had the flu.

My hunny got me a Sony PRS for our 31st anniversary. I love it. I still by book, but only a select few.

Well that is about all. Like Mike I haven't posted much but I do come around and see what is going on with everyone.

leenie 
Posted: 16-Dec-2009, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,064 Gold!

Oh boy..it has been another couple months since I found time to write anything here....Are all of you ready for the holidays? I think I have just a couple more presents to go and I'll be all finished! I got an early start this year and put the Christmas tree up the week before Thanksgiving...really there was a reason for the madness...I wanted to take a group family picture for my Christmas cards and the only time I could get everyone together was Thanksgiving so...up went the tree!
I can't wait to watch our granddaughter open her presents...she's 18 months old... it's going to look like a bomb went off in here!
Here's hoping that everyone has a glorious Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!
wdorholt 
Posted: 16-Dec-2009, 11:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Perham, Minnesota

male

Leenie,

I am going to experience my first Christmas with my first grandchild this year. He will be 8 months old, so the ribbon and boxes will get all the attention from him. Still, I can hardly wait.

Somebody should invent teething ribbon and an infant formula based wrapping paper for these kids!

When you mentioned about having everyone together at Thanksgiving, it reminded me that when I was a kid, I went to my grandparents for Christmas. When I was an adult, I went to my parents and grandparents for Christmas. When I became a parent, I went to my parents, grandparents, my wife's parents for Christmas. Now that I am a grandparent what do I do. I go to my grandkid's house. When do they come to me?

--------------------
Is beannaithe iad a shantaíonn an ceartas
(Blessed are those who desire justice)
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 27-Dec-2009, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,064 Gold!

When we moved back here to Illinois the kids were still in school so were at home on holidays...As they got older and moved out they still came "home" for all of them...and our parents came here for the meals...it has been many years since I was at anyone Else's house for a holiday meal ....now that the kids are married they split the time between parents and in-laws..lunch at one and dinner at the other or Christmas Eve with one and Christmas with the other....now that you mention it...it would be wonderful to not be the one in charge and doing all the work....to be able to just bring a dish or dessert to someone's house for a change...hmmm...nope I can't see that happening...been doing it too many years now.....I can't see my daughter or daughter-in-law wanting to take over....guess I'm stuck with it...but I do make it easier on myself for Christmas..not a huge all day cooking marathon like at Thanksgiving...I make 2 kinds of soup..usually in crockpots...have a variety of lunch meat and cheeses...and a couple of desserts...so when any one is hungry ..they help themselves....works well for the past 2 years...
gwenlee 
Posted: 17-Jan-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey everyone

Gosh does time ever fly by. I have been working a lot and spending way too much time on Facebook. A lot of my family is on it and I have found it a great way to connect. I got a message that Mac is going to get Celtic Radio streamed through FB. That is great.

Not a lot of news my way. My oldest daughter is blooming with the first child. We had really cold weather along with snow and mostly ice.

I have got to start posting more. I do drop in and see what is going on. Take care every one and stay warm.

gwenlee
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 17-Jan-2010, 07:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

My wife got me on FB a few weeks back. I pretty much see it a a big old posting site were you get to choose who posts. The she got me onto farmville. I spend most of my computer checking on that thing! Don't really care to, I'm more into sword fighing games, but you have to keep checking back to take care of the crops, animals, etc. I can see how it could be so addicting. For now I just plant crops that take the longest to grow.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 19-Jan-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 17-Jan-2010, 09:24 PM)
My wife got me on FB a few weeks back.  I pretty much see it a a big old posting site were you get to choose who posts.  The she got me onto farmville.  I spend most of my computer checking on that thing!  Don't really care to, I'm more into sword fighing games, but you have to keep checking back to take care of the crops, animals, etc.  I can see how it could be so addicting.  For now I just plant crops that take the longest to grow.

Farmville is way too addicting. I find myself checking farmville too much. I guess I need to grow up. Right now though I am enjoying the music on CR.
MDF3530 
Posted: 19-Jan-2010, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Try Mafia Wars biggrin.gif .
gwenlee 
Posted: 19-Jan-2010, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh no I can't Mike. I would never get off the computer.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 19-Jan-2010, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Well good news and bad news on my end. Bad news is I got laid off for a while untill the Obama admin lets the military make its projections. This leaves me with way too much time on my hands for FB. I made the mistake of starting castle age-not my type of game and I think I'm just going to let myself die or whatever. Still haven't figured what favor points are , were to get themn or were to even check to see how many I got!
Good news is someone in town must have been listening to me talking about Celtic music because Differnet Drums of Ireland is going to preform at oiur theatre on March 17th. I'm telling everyone hoping that if there is a arge enough crowd that they may start booking acts like Gaelic Storm. Both bands have performing in the towns directly south and west of us. It was just getting them to stop on the way through.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]