Quote Post

Member is Online

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Boston, MA

male

Highlander Radio is now available through Windows Media Player. In fact, all of Live365's channels are available if you choose the Live365 online store using the drop down arrow on the right side of Windows Media 10.

Here are links to our modem and broadband broadcasts that work with Windows Media Player:

Windows Media Low Bandwidth

Windows Media High Bandwidth

You can also change your listening settings through Live365 to default to Windows Media Player:

http://www.live365.com/cgi-bin/personalize.cgi

The best way to take advantage of using Windows Media Player is by making Windows Media Player your default option in the listening settings page.

We recommend this option if you are a Live365 VIP member. If you are not a Live365 VIP member, then using the Winamp instructions posted early is the better way to go for the best sound quality.

And the press release:

FOSTER CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 15, 2004--Live365, the largest Internet Radio network, announced today the launch of its Online Store in the Windows Media Player 10. Windows Media Player 10 users will now be able to seamlessly access and play Live365's thousands of stations within the Windows Media Player environment. Live365's radio network and service will be promoted throughout WindowsMedia.com.

"We are delighted to be working with Microsoft to be the largest provider of radio content for their Digital Media Mall", said Mark Lam, CEO of Live365. "We look forward to introducing our services to a new generation of Microsoft users."

"Live365 and its diverse radio content are an exciting addition to the Digital Media Mall in Windows Media Player 10," said Erin Cullen Harris, group product manager for the Windows Digital Media Division at Microsoft Corp. "This is great news for consumers who have a growing array of digital entertainment services to choose from, all in one place, via Windows Media Player 10."

Windows Media Player 10 users will be able to listen for free to Live365's stations as well as subscribe for a VIP membership to access commercial-free premium radio.

--------------------
Wallace MacArthur
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network

Imagination is more Important than Knowledge
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 24-Dec-2004, 05:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

as a non 365 member, is there really much difference between WM10 and winamp?

I was using musicmatch, but i rather like Windows media 10

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 24-Dec-2004, 12:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I keep trying not to go on an anti-microsoft rant when I hear this. Always good to have more toptions I guess, just so long as it doesn't get in the way of me using mplayer. I was using WM10 the other day playing Evanescence videos when visiting with Haldur, and was far from impressed. video quality was appalling. Missed half the video unless I had it at only normal size, and WM10 laughed at me whenever trying to run in fullscreen. I run them fullscreen at 1024x768 all day long on my TV under Linux with no problem. (And they're Windows Media files)

And before anyone gripes at me, these are videos Evanescence has freely avaliable on their website. After that experience, I'm even less likely to try and 'occasionally make do' with WMP.

Congrats on the extra option, but you'd have to pay me to use it.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

Mountain Legacy -- Born in the isles, raised in Appalachia
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Haldur 
Posted: 24-Dec-2004, 07:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

For sure! Windows Media Player 10 is no better at playing videos and music than WM1! I only use Windows Media Player for music, WinAmp for video. The way I see it, the only improvement that WM10 and any prior versions have tried to accomplish are style and availability. It's as if Windows doesn't have enough users in their clutches.

--------------------
Haldr, Traveller of the Great Forest

"After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done."

- Unknown

user posted image
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt