Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Tell The Good News, How do you share Jesus with others?
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 13-Mar-2009, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

I've become acutely aware lately of how negatively the Christian faith is perceived by a LOT of people. You know this is not a new development, but even in the press Christianity is deliberately put down and ridiculed, dismissed as fanaticism.

Society increasingly turning against Christianity is to be expected. But personally, I'm hearing more friends and acquaintances expressing firm rejection of Jesus Christ as the son of God and Savior of mankind. They tell me Christianity is too restricted and exclusive, and that we need to be tolerant of all faiths and belief systems... some folks even go so far as to say all roads lead to the same God! They obviously do not know what these roads actually believe, and that that assertion cannot be true.

The only real way I've ever been able to 'witness' to someone is when I befriend them and they eventually ask why I'm so generally optimistic about life and the future particularly in these troubling times of job layoffs and recession. Then I can share with them the hope Christians have in the future because of our belief in Christ - plus, my personal experience with what He's done in my life is pretty strong evidence too! thumbs_up.gif

What about y'all? How have you been able to share Jesus with people?

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Amergin 
Posted: 03-Apr-2009, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Milesia

male

Siobhan, this is one of the classic conundrums of Christian life. I've been trained in several "techniques" of sharing the good news and they all seem forced and artificial.

You refer to what is often called "friendship evangelism" which can be good and sacred and effective. However, if it is a "technique" then it can still be forced and artificial. We become sales people, and our product is Jesus Christ.

The longer I live in Christ, the more I believe in the organic nature of our relationship with Him. It becomes more and more a part of our lives, naturally and organically, so that those around us can perceive a difference in our lives. I think that is what you are experiencing.

It can be helpful to have an organized way of explaining the gospel when somebody does ask because it makes it easier to share. But if it becomes a sales technique, then we come across as forcing the gospel on people, even if we don't intend to.

We are intrinsically and essentially related to, imbued with, and transcendant in Christ. The more we live that life in front of others, the more they want to know why we are different. They perceive that there's something inside us that they don't have.

Christ be with me, Christ within me,
Christ behind me, Christ before me,
Christ beside me, Christ to win me,
Christ to comfort and restore me.
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ in quiet, Christ in danger,
Christ in hearts of all that love me,
Christ in mouth of friend and stranger.

St. Patrick

--------------------
I am a stag: of seven tines,
I am a flood: across a plain,
I am a wind: on a deep lake,
I am a tear: the Sun lets fall,
I am a hawk: above the cliff,
I am a thorn: beneath the nail,
I am a wonder: among flowers,
I am a wizard: who but I
Sets the cool head aflame with smoke?

I am a spear: that roars for blood,
I am a salmon: in a pool,
I am a lure: from paradise,
I am a hill: where poets walk,
I am a boar: ruthless and red,
I am a breaker: threatening doom,
I am a tide: that drags to death,
I am an infant: who but I
Peeps from the unhewn dolmen, arch?

I am the womb: of every holt,
I am the blaze: on every hill,
I am the queen: of every hive,
I am the shield: for every head,
I am the tomb: of every hope.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 07-Apr-2009, 05:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Amergin @ 03-Apr-2009, 11:00 PM)
The longer I live in Christ, the more I believe in the organic nature of our relationship with Him. It becomes more and more a part of our lives, naturally and organically, so that those around us can perceive a difference in our lives. I think that is what you are experiencing.
It can be helpful to have an organized way of explaining the gospel when somebody does ask because it makes it easier to share. But if it becomes a sales technique, then we come across as forcing the gospel on people, even if we don't intend to.
We are intrinsically and essentially related to, imbued with, and transcendent in Christ. The more we live that life in front of others, the more they want to know why we are different. They perceive that there's something inside us that they don't have.

Oh, I didn't mean I befriend people in order to witness to them - I meant when I make friends, that's when the opportunity to witness arises. I'd never set out to befriend someone just so I could talk about Jesus, that does seem artificial.

PM               
ogdenmusic 
Posted: 11-Apr-2009, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Cincinnati, OHIO

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #39
216,826 Gold!

I find the most effective witness I have is being a friend first. So many people have multiple problems these days. (finances, divorce, etc...) Jesus reached out to those in need and sometimes the most undesirables. Listening and reaching out to people first seems to then lend it's way to telling what Christ is doing in your life and sharing with that person.

Sometimes I was just ask a person how God is treating them this week. That definitely opens up a lot of discussion.

I just hope that as Christians or believers we don't hide within the fortress of the Church and don't get out and witness. Christ will plant the seed if we are faithful to go and share.

--------------------
GO KENTUCKY WILDCATS
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]