Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: NorthEastern Pennsylvania, US

female

Blackness swirled inside Liriel's mind. She could see the goddess beckoning to her. enticing her to come into the plane of the damned. Liriel shook her head, refusing to do the goddess's bidding. The goddess only smiled and waved her hand dismissing Liriel.

The light grew brighter as Liriel opened her eyes. Her master's face came into view and the sounds came rushing back in. She glanced around the clearing and saw that the Dragon Master had fallen. Liriel quickly rose and walked over to Josie and Lady Rider.

As she knelt down she could see Labban running off toward the cave and she glanced over to her master. She could see he already was slipping into the woods to follow him. That should keep Labban out of trouble, Liriel smiled slyly.

She bent over the Dragon Master and touched the wound gently. She brought her fingers to her lips to taste the poison that was used. "Yuk, the hags brew. Nothing so vile as that. Mistress Josie you will need to treat this with willow bark and camomile. Make the willow bark into a paste and smear it onto the wound and bound it tightly. The worst thing will be infection. Brew the camomile into a tea and have Lady Rider drink it. It will help her sleep as her natural healing process begins. If you should need anything else, I will be more than happy to help." Liriel slightly pushed back Lady Riders hair from her eyes and wished there was more she could do, but for now they could only wait.

Liriel leaned back against the tree next to Josie and Rider and slowly closed her eyes. She needed more rest if they were to enter the cave. The dragon would be more powerful than orcs and Souleaters and she wanted to be prepared.

--------------------
Ciarda Lili

Always live for today.

Growing old is mandatory -- Growing up is optional.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

As labban reentered the camp, I felt a weight that hovered near him and only got heavier as Josie informed him of what had become Rider. Seeing him dart off toward the cave, I fear only the worst would come of him were he alone.

"Labban, wait.... ", I called to him, but he did not hear. Glancing to see that Rider was already tended to, I bolt after him, followed by Ladaerwen and Lahatha.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
oldraven 
Posted: 17-Feb-2004, 11:14 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

((Labban))

He ran for a while before he reached the bottom of the mount. There was a path cut in the rock leading to an opening. No grasses or bushes grew on the mountain side, as the sun would never reach this north face. He sat to catch his breath and reached into his tattered tunic for an item. He pulled out her gift.

Why have we held back? We'll be reaching the cave soon, and I'd like to be with the group when we get there. He was concerned for his friends. Something didn't feel well with the chill breeze. The sky became overcast quite quickly, and the thicket that had seemed so bright a moment ago was falling under darkness.

I have something for you, Labban. I've been working on it for a while now. She opened her pack and brought forth a new tunic, made from a golden tanned leather and stitched in red. You've been in need of one for some time now, and I wanted to repay you for making me welcome with your friends. Her smile was genuine, and he knew she truly was happy.

Labban took the gift and held it out before him to see it in what little light was available. It really was well made, and he could see she had worked hard on it. Esspecialy knowing how short of a time she had to make it. It's amazing. Thank you Celeste. He bundled it up and stuffed it into his tunic.

You're not going to wear it? She seemed upset, but was trying not to show it.

I've got the feeling that messy times are ahead. I wouldn't be much farther ahead if I were to ruin this one too.

But, I would have liked to have seen it.

You'll see it soon. Don't worry. He smiled, and she forced one herself. Labban watched as the joy of the moment slipped away.

And I have a gift for you, lady. He pulled his lyre about and quickly checked its tune. I haven't had any time to make you something you can hold, so this will have to do. He recalled the air he had played that day in the wood. As he began to pluck the strings in such a way, the tune found his fingers as though he'd played it a thousand times. As he hummed along he hoped the air would have the same effect as before. His questions were answered soon after.

There was the sound of a lark. And then two. And then a sparrow, and a swallow. The choir had found him again, and sang along in beautiful unison. Celeste was smiling, even if it was only the slightest of smiles. He wanted to see her shine. An urge came upon him to change the tune, ever so slightly. A different run here, a new chord there, and before long the birds had left their perch and were circling about them, continuing to sing. She gasped as a sparrow landed on her shoulder. She outstretched her arms and a douzen or more landed. She was beaming.

He stopped humming, just for a moment, but the birds stayed put and kept on. Labban stepped forward and kissed the smiling beauty, ever so lightly and ever so sweetly. They parted and after a moment the choir lifted and went on with their daily matters. She wore a tear, but wasn't weeping.

The two walked back to the road and began their quickened pace to catch the group.

Then came the horn, and all the joy was gone.

Labban shook himself and stood up straight again. He looked this way and that, unaware of what he was looking at, or why he was there. He looked at the tunic, which was now stained with blood; human and orc alike. After a moment his mind cleared and he turned to the path to begin the climb.

I brought her. It WAS my fault.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 18-Feb-2004, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: New York, USA

male

Highlander felt good, the thrill of battle awoke old feelings that brought back memories of a different life, a good life, a life long forgotten, with memories long buried, but once again life was good. His friends where alive, both in body and soul, and most importantly the traitor among them was now know, and from the looks of the two that just left, she would not be a live traitor much longer... With that thought the Highlander smiled and laid down in the grass to rest...

--------------------
Highlander, 2004

"Fortune favors the Daring"
Neither draw me without cause, nor return me without honour
Clan MacKinnon
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 22-Feb-2004, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

upon waking I find myself inside a strang tent, looking around I notice the healers Bottles of potions and salves. smiling softly I grab the fur and pull it over my head. It is night and no one is awake, or so I think until Josie, Mac & Highlander walk in trying to whisper.

"I'll not wake her yet, her body is healing and she needs the rest." Josie says sternly

"But Lass, Labban has taken off and if anyone can find him she can, do ye not see how import....."stammers Highlander
"SHHHHH" Mac tries to hush them down.
"I'LL NOT WAKE HER!" Josie replies louder then she intended to.

Turning overand uncovering my head I sit up on one arm and look at the 3.

"No need to wake the dead, I am already awake, Now what is this you have said about Labban?"

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 22-Feb-2004, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

{{{Celeste}}}

Hearing the sounds of some one approaching I grab my dagger hilt and drag it across the initial insertion to make sure that the poison will kill her. I jump away from the hidious Dragon Master. She is the one responsable for the death of my previous mate and I hate her with every fiber of my being. Running back in to the wood and circling around back towards the cave I reach the safety of my masters ground. Finding a darkened corner I curl up and think about Labban, how he loved me and how I had to betray him. sighing I mumble to myself
At least for now it was betrayal and not his death, I will have to complete that task though.
curling up under a dark ledge I fall in to a deep sleep, one plagued by anger, hate and death.
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 23-Feb-2004, 09:52 AM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

((Drizzt))

I watched as my apprentice worked on the Dragon Master. I must watch her every move now. I can feel the Dark Queen emanating from her from time to time. As I see her finish the task, Labban turned and started towards the cave. I sighed and quietly melted into the woods.

Such foolish humans to think they could take down a dragon by themselves. I slip along the dark quiet woodland path. I know that I must reach the cave before Labban or he would foolishly put himself in harms way. Love is such an unpredictable emotion. At times I find myself wondering that such an emotion can make even the most reasonable person do stupid things.

I waited along the path that I knew Labban would take. I'll just wait until I'm needed. No sense in getting involved in something until it is necessary.

PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 25-Feb-2004, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

Sitting up fully and looking at the group

" Well, is anyone going to speak or do I have to ask the trees what has happened?" I ask in a very aggitated tone.
"What stupidity has Labban been up to now?" looking at each in turn with no response given, I flip off the fur cover, moving so that my feet dangle from the side of the cot. placing my feet on the ground I test my legs to see if I can still stand. with the failure of that I speak a levitation spell. smoothly I glide over to the water basin and wash my hands and face. Suddenly Mac, Josie & Highlander begin to speak at the same time. Patting my face dry I look over to them.

"If you please, One at a time!"

Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 03-Mar-2004, 03:30 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

{{{Celeste}}}

hearing my master yelling my name I wake with a start for it is not good to keep his lordship waiting.
"I am here Master."
"Ahh, well rested are you?" disgust clearly heard in his words
"It is a requirement of the human race milord."
"I care not, walk through the portal that is now open and come to me."
"But Milord, I have not yet Killed the man."
"We will take care of that later, right now I require you here with me."
"Yes Master."
Nimbly I step through the portal and and transfered in the blink of an eye. I appear before him. His eyes gaze down upon me and my skin crawls. Looking around I some what recognize this place though it seems vauge to me.

myriad 
Posted: 05-Mar-2004, 01:02 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacHazel

female

Lahatha and Ladaerwin ran into the woodlands nearing the pit of the forest where dark shadows were cast by the enormous forest oak and elm. Ladaerwin turned to Lahatha and asked if she felt that helping this man and taking this womans life was something she was prepared to do. Lahatha recalled that it had been centuries since she had to take a female humans life. She would gladly have given her own at the time rather than take the womans life, but it was not Lahathas that had been harmed then. Lahatha narrowed her eyes and looked closely at Ladaerwen then eased her expression. Speaking in their common language Lahatha responded to Ladaerwen, "pahnwatha lifian ta willn deh semethimeh." Which closely resembles, "It does seem a waste to remove these coats." They both smiled and determined to pad along a little farther before making any other comment.

PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 13-Mar-2004, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

((Labban))

Just as he turned and started his climb once again, he caught a glimpse of something odd just off the path. The air shimmered, you might say. Then he was just there, looking sort of miffed.

Raawin? The little man had his arms crossed, and a scowl on his face. He was not here for a cup of tea.

And where de ye think yer going? Of to yer death, that's where.

I'm just trying to right my own wrong.

Bah! Don't be so foolish. Humans. More stuborn than a rock, and just as easy to talk to. He obviously had a problem with this course of action. Pride will be the end of ye. Where is master Aaediwen?

Labban was quite taken aback. Only a moment ago, he had a task, and he was firm in his belief that it was the right thing to do. Now he was being scolded by a small, if only in stature, woodland man for being hasty. He's back down the path a ways, with the rest of those I once called friends. Now I don't know who I am to them.

Pish, posh. Don't be so melodramatic. What, ye had a spat? Not really the end of the world, ye know. They'll get over it, and you'll be walking side by side soon enough.

Raawin was right. Things would blow over. No one was harmed beyond repair, and they knew he had no intention of causing harm. He spoke again before Labban had a chance to answer. So, have you recorded the events you?ve played part to?

Labban flashed back to the day the dragon got him. All I ask is that you remember what you see, what you hear, what you feel. And be sure that others remember it. You say you are a librarian. Then keep the records. Make others understand the true ways of the world.

Well, to tell you the truth, I haven?t had time to take up the pen since this whole thing started. But someone has been keeping records. Aaediwen himself. He felt the need to do it, but I never told him of your request.

Odd. Strange. ????????. It?ll come to me. The little fellow shook himself, straightened up, and cleared his throat. Back to matters at hand. You?re to stay put. They?ll be catching up soon, and you?ll do this together, as it was planned.

Thank you Raawin. He didn?t feel the need to pick the woodman up again. He didn?t feel the same now as he had before. Many things had changed in him that day. Thank you.

With that Raawin shimmered away; back to the realm Labban could never see again.
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 15-Mar-2004, 02:18 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

female

exasperation changes to anger as I look at those in the tent.

"Fine Don't answer me! Get every one packed, NOW!"
Grabbing my cloak I storm out of the tent. Passing Aaed I ask which Direction Labban has gone. Pointing up the mountain "He went up there, Rider."
"My Thanks Aaed." determinedly I set myself on the same Path.
"May I come with you ?" asks Aaed, "I would be happy of the company."
"Good!" so with Aaediwen at my side we begin our search for Labban.
Ciarda Lili 
Posted: 15-Mar-2004, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Child of the Dark Lily
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

I watch as the Dragon Master storms out of camp on her search for Labban. I know my master has followed Labban to keep him out of serious danger but should I follow Lady Rider. I think methodically and decide that since Aaed has gone with her no harm should come to them. I look toward the Healer's tent.

I wonder if Lady Josie is still angry about my help. She would of course never know the sacrifice that I had made to help the Dragon Master. Little by little I feel the darkness pull at my soul.

When will this quest every end. I slowly rise and walk toward the Healer's tent. Maybe, perhaps she has a herb that might help.

I announce myself at her door "Lady Josie, may I enter? I wish to speak with you about a tea."
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 17-Mar-2004, 10:47 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

Highlander and Mac stood there watching the commotion going on and seemingly both decided at once. We need to get out of the camp and move on towards the cave and put and end to this, once and for all. Highlander turns towards Mac and says, "Mac follow Rider and protect her, but without her knowing, you know her temper, and I will break camp while you're gone"..
PMEmail Poster               
Highlander 
Posted: 24-Mar-2004, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHazel

male

Highlander has readied the camp for departure but no one has yet returned, and the HIghlander not being one of great patience straps on his swords and heads off into the forest in search of his companions.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Closed TopicStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]