Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
40,114 Gold!

Leenie slowly comes to a stop still ensnared by the haunting melody only she can still hear.....Becoming aware of her surroundings.. she realizes that there is a small furry creature hiding behind her...very brave of the wombat considering she could have been stepped on during the dance...."Of course I'll protect you" whispers Leenie. I'm pretty sure that Marvin only has problems with rascally rabbits...
Feeling unsteady all of a sudden, Leenie glances toward the silent dark figure in the corner. Eyes like lasers seem to be cutting right through her but behind the intensity in those eyes, she briefly remembers a young man with those same eyes from many years ago. A young man full of hope for the future, not yet discouraged by the world. Could this tall stranger be that same young man she knew so very well all those years ago?
A feeling of immense joy swirls through Leenie...if only...."oh Damn"
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
The Wizard of BC 
Posted: 10-Dec-2007, 12:32 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Victoria, BC

male

The Wizard grasps his staff and tenses at what looks to be a green beach ball stepping out of the cloud of smoke. And then relaxes again when he sees two eyes in the head. As a youngster he had been terrified by one large eye in the middle of a green ball peering from his bedroom closet door. These childhood memories had led him to take up the dangerous apprenticship of Wizard.

There was first the sight of the comely lass dancing in the middle of the floor which had unnerved him so. Then the sight of a small Wombat joining her. And now the green creature at the fireplace. If he had not known it was impossible to poison or drug him he would have thought the barkeep had spiked his drink.

With a quick shake of his head to clear the cobwebs the Wizard returns his gaze to the lass. She has stopped dancing and is standing in the center of the room looking straight at him. Her head is held high and proud, her posture erect and showing confidance. The only thing that belies her exertions is the heaving of her chest.

Firm and full and pointing straight at him. The bodice not even attempting to conceal them.

But wait, His mind reels, his heart beats so fast he thinks it will explode. A small glimpes and now all his eyes can see is a small white scar just peering out at him from under the fabric.

Now, in his old age the Wizard can destroy a dragon with the flick of a finger, but once it had taken all his strength just to escape one. Granted he was carrying her at the time but he was not able to protect her when the attack came. Over rocks slippery with moss, through trees so thick they had to squeeze between because he only had flight left to him. And he was so tired.

The fatigue is all he remembers now. The days of running, the nights stumbling through the forest. And all the while he carried her. His hand over that firm, round breast. All his will, all his young power, concentrated on healing the gash from the dragons tooth.

And then the moon had broken thru the clouds revealing a small sod hut against a mountain. He had looked down at the woman and her eyes had flickered open. He knew she would survive. Then he stumbled over the threshold and the healer had taken his burden from him and he collapsed.

Later the healer had told him he had slept for four days. In the meantime the woman had left. She had spoken not a word, just gone to look down upon him, smiled and left.

Could it be, after all these years? After all the troubles and strife of the life of a Wizard, that here in a small pub, he would find her again?

--------------------
Steve Ashton
Owner/Kiltmaker

2nd Laird of Lochcaber
www.freedomkilts.com
"I wear the Kilt because;
Swish + Swagger = Swoon"
sisterknight 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 09:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

sisterknight looks up from the music......"geesh i must have been really out of it, leelee you said something??my mind was off and wandering back home, i must be more tired than i thought" sisterknight looks around with renewed interest, with a startled glance she see something small and green with a weapon..."WEAPON!! everyone down i'll get the wee beastie!!" as she draws forth her great claymore with the easy of many a years useage she throws herself in front of the wombat and a dazed leelee.

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

*Alarmed at having a sword drawn on him, Marvin quickly levitates himself up close to the ceiling*

Wait, please, I mean no harm! I only carry a weapon in case I or one of my friends is threatened. Not every place I travel to is civilized. Besides, my ship is very well armed, also for defensive purposes. If I had meant to hurt you, I could have a long time ago. Please, young knight, lower your weapon.

*Still seeming wary, sisterknight lowers her claymore, but does not put it in its scabbard. Slowly Marvin comes back down to the floor.*

I am here looking for old friends and meet new ones. I used to come here frequently a few years ago, but my travels have kept me away. I was in the solar system, so I thought I'd come by.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 12:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Vaguely hearing the tune "Momma Told Me Not To Come" dancing through her tiny brain, Wombat begins clicking her furry heels together and whispering "There's no place like home" over and over again. The strange sights she has witnessed this evening are more than she can comprehend. Little green men floating on the ceiling? Thank goodness the nice lady with the BIG sharp thing has taken to defend those of us who are unarmed.

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
tsargent62 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

*Seeing that the little wombat is frightened, Marvin tries to think of a way to reach her, to reassure her that she is safe.*

I am very sorry to have frightened you little wombat.

*Marvin walks over to the bar and hands his ray gun over to the bar tender*

See? Now I am unarmed, too. *He sits on the floor to bring his eye level down to the little creature* Can't we be friends?
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 02:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Hey, this little guy is actually kind of my size. Maybe he's not so scary without the funny weapon - and when he's not floating up there on the ceiling.

(Wombat plays hard-to-get...)

"Perhaps, funny looking non-human person, you could buy this frightened wombat a lovely pint of that Guinness everyone seems to be enjoying? Then I'll at least consider the notion that you aren't out to hurt this furry little critter."

Wombat also gives a sideways glance at her protector, sisterknight, to watch out for any funny stuff. I may have some nice long claws but that big sharp thing is certainly handy to have nearby.
leenie 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
40,114 Gold!

Still not understanding the strange feeling that had entered the pub with the wizard, Leenie shakes off the lingering effects of the dance . Looking around at the crowd in amazement, Leenie sees that Marvin and the wombat are becoming acquainted with each other and wombat no longer seems afraid. Sisterknight , looking like an ancient warrior,is standing along side Leenie holding a claymore at her side. Leenie turns to her and says, " You called me Leelee ,it's been a while since anyone has given me a new name...I like it" Thank you Sisterknight"
Feeling in the need of a drink, Leenie wanders over to the bar, orders a whiskey and sits back to watch the antics of the other pub goers. At the same time mindful of the dark still figure in the back of the pub.
tsargent62 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

Barkeep! May please have a Guiness for me, my furry little friend, what the heck, 1 for everyone!

*Marvin takes a sip of his stout, enjoying the creamiest of all the stouts he has tasted in all his travels*

I wish we could get Guiness on Mars. I'll have to buy some and take it back with me. I think I'll even buy a few barrels to keep on my ship. *rubs chin thoughtfully*
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
40,114 Gold!

"What a generous Martian you are my friend ", says Leenie as she sips her Guiness. She bends down and picks up Wombat so she can sit on a stool . The better to lap up her bowl of Guiness and even better protection from being stepped on.
"We need music!" exclaims Leenie because the Pub has grown strangely quiet as if everyone were lost in their own thoughts. What's everyone thinking?
The Wizard of BC 
Posted: 12-Dec-2007, 11:31 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Victoria, BC

male

The Wizard looks down at the glass of Guiness that is sitting in front of him and wonders where it came from. He only drinks one Single Malt in an evening. The rest of the time he sticks to strong coffee. But the ale is there.
Just how long has he been deep within his own thoughts?

The dancing lass seems to have stopped her performance and is now is talking animatedly with the others at the bar. Everyone seems to be happy and unconcerned so the Wizard lowers the protection he erected when the small green creature burst into the room.

He knows he should go to her, he feels deep within himself the pain and loss that he has locked away all these years. For the last few moments he has allowed that pain to surface again. And the pain was almost unbearable.

He looks closely at her from under the brim of his hat. He sees the curve of her earlobe that he once knew so well. If she looks up from her conversation now he knows he will be lost again. Lost within her. He will be helpless and vulnerable.

The last time he ran his finger over her neck he was just a child. Since then so much has happened, so many dangers, so many years.

The Wizard turns the ring on his left hand so that the stone is against his palm and closes his fist till he draws blood. The sharp pain helps to bring him out of the depth of his thoughts and back into the world.

She seems happy, she probably has friends here. Perhaps even children of her own. The Wizard knows she remembers him, he saw the look in her eyes just before her dance, but why doesn't she look at him now or rush into his arms?

The old Wizard suddenly remembers what brought him to this pub. He has unfinished business that may impact everyong in this village. If he doesn't act soon all may be lost. But She is here.

Grasping his staff, and stuffing his money back into his sporran the Wizard knows he must leave. If he is successful perhaps he can come back to the pub. Maybe She will still be here. If he fails it won't make any difference. She and everyone else will be dead.

He looks down to check that the pleats of his kilt are straight and strides quickly out of the pub. He does not look at Her. He does not want to know if she looks up to see him leave. He cannot allow himself to be drawn back into those thoughts.

Outside, the brisk winter wind smarts against his cheek. A few snowflakes drift down to settle onto the brim of his hat. And, lighting his pipe, the Wizard slowly walks down the street to meet this latest challenge.
tsargent62 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

*Marvin looks up at the time displayed on his helmet's brim and let's out a small yelp*

Quarks! We've been sitting here drinking all night! I must return to my ship to get a little sleep. Farewell my friends. I'll see you later.

*With that he stands and touches something on his wrist. Small, multicoloured lights start to swirl around him. His form starts to shimmer, then vanishes.*
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacBirch

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
40,114 Gold!

Startled out of her reverie by lights flashing in the pub, Leenie swings around in time to see Marvin vanish into thin air. " What strange creatures the pub has attracted" she thinks. Suddenly feeling a strong sense of loss, she looks toward the darkened back corner of the Pub. The man is gone! What was it about the stranger that would cause a pain this intense at his leaving? For a brief moment earlier she had almost remembered something vitally important...but in a blink it was gone....Surely he will be back..
Thinking to ask Wombat if she had seen the man leave, Leenie looks toward her little friend...Egads..Wombat has drank not only her Guinness but also Marvin's remaining last drops and while Hamm had his back turned had somehow managed to get to the tap for more. The poor thing is weaving on her stool. Too much Guinness must not be good for Wombats. What to do?
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 09:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

cheers.gif

"Holy cow, I am one wobbly wombat! Who let me drink that much?"

Wombat slowly slides off her stool and looks around for a nice corner to curl up in and sleep this one off. But the music sounds so good and she did so want to dance tonight.

"Perhaps I can climb up on one of these tables and show these folks the wombat version of a slip-jig. umm...then again, I just might slip off the table and that would be the wrong version to show them."

Using her better judgment, wombat waddles toward the hearth where it will be nice and warm, curls up on the rug, and is soon .... z z z z z z sleep1.gif
tsargent62 
Posted: 14-Dec-2007, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

*Marvin sits in the command chair of his ship, looking at the ship's screens. As he monitors the instruments he sips at a Guiness, freshly drawn from the keg he just tapped in the ship's galley. He tries to think how to spice things up in the pub. "What can I do? Hmm.... What did I bring wih me? Oh, yeah! Now where is it?" He returns to his cabin and roots through the cabinets. Finally, "Ah ha! Here you are!"*

*Bright, multicoloured lights appear in the middle of the pub and start to swirl. A shape shimmers into focus. As the lights fade, Marvin is standing there. He sees the little wombat sleeping by the fire. The lovely young lady is still sitting at the bar. The dark figure in the corner seems to have left. Marvin walks over to the bar, asks Hamm for a Guiness and a shot of Dewars and takes a seat next to Leenie.*

Hello, there! Guess you've been here all day and night. And our little friend there must've been really tired. By the way, who was that dark man in the corner? You seemed to know him. He was... very mysterious.

*Leenie seems to be a bit reticent about answering, so Marvin reaches into his pocket, brings out a small cube, about 2cm square, and sits it on the bar in front of her. The cube seems to be of multiple, muted colours, slowly swirling about inside.*

Go ahead. Pick it up. It's called a Slinomar. I think you fill find it, well... pleasantly surprising.

*Leenie picks up the Slinomar and the light from inside starts getting brighter, and she appears to hear some kind of rhythmical sound coming from it.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]