tsargent62 
Posted: 19-Apr-2004, 09:19 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Elspeth, I'm glad you're feeling better. Not having that persistant anxiety has to make everything in your life a bit easier to deal with. I continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Gabby I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Do they know how the kidney disease will affect the baby? I will surely pray for your friend's daughter and her baby. And don't feel bad for not posting here. Your son comes first. Understanding your past, I'm sure there is a lot to deal with. It never occurred to me, and I'm sure to anyone else, that you would forget about us. We know we're loved!

RobertH, I'm glad your father is doing well. No one in my close family has had to go through chemo and I hope we never do.

May the Peace of Christ be with all of you.

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 19-Apr-2004, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Elspeth, I'm so glad that you are doing better! Knowing that it isn't an easy time for you though I won't stop keeping you in my prayers.

Todd, my friend and family don't know a lot about this special disease; actually they are collecting all information about it they can get.
As her daughter doesn't take any meds I think the unborn baby will not be affected but nobody knows how the young Mum will do during this time and after. So keep them in your prayers.
My son will finally be successful in fighting his demons. I know about his strength and I know he CAN...but he suffers rather badly and so does his Mum. Seeing kids in pain is a terrible thing.

Yes, you are all loved and with me in my thoughts. And thank you for your support!

God bless you all!

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Apr-2004, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

my mother seems to be doing a little bit better each day. She still struggles in several ways due from the stroke, but she is improving. The praise that I have is that one of my oldest sisters who has not spoken to my mother in 20 years called our mother yesterday to express her concern. I was overjoyed as there has been a renewing of their relationship now. They both told me how nervous they were talking to the other, but yet how much they enjoyed their long overdue conversation. It's too bad that it takes situations like this to bring our family's together, isn't it?

God's blessings on you all.
tsargent62 
Posted: 20-Apr-2004, 06:25 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Apr 19 2004, 05:31 PM)
I continue to keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

my mother seems to be doing a little bit better each day. She still struggles in several ways due from the stroke, but she is improving. The praise that I have is that one of my oldest sisters who has not spoken to my mother in 20 years called our mother yesterday to express her concern. I was overjoyed as there has been a renewing of their relationship now. They both told me how nervous they were talking to the other, but yet how much they enjoyed their long overdue conversation. It's too bad that it takes situations like this to bring our family's together, isn't it?

God's blessings on you all.

Rose, that certainly is a joy. It is unfortunate that it took your mother having a stroke to prompt your sister to renew their relationship, but it is a blessing no matter the catalyst. I'm very happy for your family in that regard. I'm also very glad to hear your mother is improving. I pray God will continue to help your mother and your family.

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Apr-2004, 05:27 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Todd! Thank you for your delightful comments.

It took some issues as to why my mother and her oldest daughers have not spoken for some many years. heck! She didn't even speak to me for three years until recently, so it is good that we are all trying to be on the mend now.

It is very unfortumate that my mother is in this situation with her illnesss but even more unfortunate that she has been in a bad relationnship with three of her daughers (including me) and that because of this we are all on the mend now.. thank God.

Many thanks for all your prayers!
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 21-Apr-2004, 06:42 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

God works in mysterious ways. Isn't it wonderful that something so bad as sickness can bring a family closer together! biggrin.gif That makes me smile.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Apr-2004, 08:47 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Maggie. It joys my heart too!
Elspeth 
Posted: 22-Apr-2004, 06:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Yes, Rose, it IS a joy that your family has the joy and healing of reconciliation amidst the sadness of your mother's illness. That is one of the things I love most about God. How He may not fix things in this imperfect world, but how within the troubles there are these islands of joy. It always reminds me of a crocus blooming in the snow. Vibriant beauty, renewal and hope when all seems cold and barren.
Praise God.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Apr-2004, 06:24 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh thank you, Elspeth! I cannot agree with you more! hug.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 12:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Apr 19 2004, 05:31 PM)
The praise that I have is that one of my oldest sisters who has not spoken to my mother in 20 years called our mother yesterday to express her concern. I was overjoyed as there has been a renewing of their relationship now. They both told me how nervous they were talking to the other, but yet how much they enjoyed their long overdue conversation. It's too bad that it takes situations like this to bring our family's together, isn't it?

First, I am so sorry I haven't been here in such a long time - I've been wondering how everyone is, but haven't had the time to get online!

Second, Rose that is truly amazing that reconciliation is happening... its one good thing that's coming from such an unfortunate situation, isn't it. I am glad they are speaking again, while there is time to say what needs to be said!

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (RobertH @ Apr 16 2004, 08:24 PM)
Without going into a great deal about cell biology, it's a cancer that attacks the white blood cells.  Sometimes the cancerous mass is located in or on a single bone or form a single mass, which is diagnosed as myeloma.  It's more often discovered in multiple simultaneous locations, leading to the obvious diagnosis of multiple myeloma.

The course of treatment differs, as it's based on variables such as age, general health, etc.  My father's particular course of treatment consisted of four rounds of increasingly difficult chemotherapy and a bone marrow stem cell transplant, using cells harvested from himself before they intiated treatment...
We know that myeloma is, as of now, incurable.  However, he's been symptom-free for over a year now, and continues to improve.  He's back to being almost as stubborn as me.

I apologize to you for not acknowledging your post sooner, R, forgive me! I appreciate the explanation... I understand it now.
Strange too, a sweet lady I know has this illness but I didn't know it until recently. She is going to have a stem cell transplant next month if her strength holds up... she has been very weak at times but is having good days right now.

Hey, I knew stubbornness was good for something - well I hoped so any way because I have a double dose of it myself sometimes. biggrin.gif
I hope it will continue to be what keeps your dad symptom-free for a very long time!

I'll be thinking of you and Rose and El, even if you don't see me here. There's just so much going on right now I can hardly keep track of the days...

Siobhan Blues

This post has been edited by Siobhan Blues on 26-Apr-2004, 08:01 AM
PM               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 03:54 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

For all those whose loved ones who are battling cancer or some other disease, my prayers are going up on their behalf. I'm also praying for everyone here at Kirk and Chapel and their families. May God richly bless and keep you.

Peace,
Roisin

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Apr-2004, 04:57 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

thanks for your prayers, Roisin! I am praying for everyone here too!
tsargent62 
Posted: 27-Apr-2004, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

male

I have a mixed joy and concern. First the joy: My wife has been running a day care out of our home for 8 years. She has been very burned out and hating her job for over 2 years. She's wanted out, but was scared to quit and take away part of our income. Well, just after Christmas or 2002, she started selling products for a company called Tastefully Simple. You may or may not have heard of it. It's one of those home party type businesses. She's done very well with it. So, she's finally decided to quit day care. She put the notices in all the families' mail boxes yesterday. She'll be done in June after the school year ends. I'm very happy for her. Plus we'll be getting the rest of our house back.

Now the concern: My wife is quitting day care. What? Well, it's going to be about a year before the Tastefully Simple business gets to the point of bringing in the same money the day care does. It'll be tight. But, in the end it will be worth it. Overall, I'm not real worried. God has always helped us find a way to get by, and he'll do so again.

The big picture is that this is a real joy because poor Maria has been so miserable for the last few years. She's gained a bunch of weight because she's been so depressed. Plus, her back is always a mess because she's constantly picking up the little ones. She will be much happier, and that makes me happy.

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-Apr-2004, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Todd, sounds like this is the best thing Maria could have done for herself and for your family. No point in having miserable family members hating their job. It affects your health in one way or another. Plus it affects the relationships around her as well. Sounds like you all made a good decision. I am sure you all are trusting in God..........He will provide and take care of all of you. thumbs_up.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]