MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-May-2003, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

until we reach the 10,000 plateau!!! Let's keep up the good work!

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
scottish2 
Posted: 14-May-2003, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Ah heck we can do that in our sleep in fact I think some posters who shall remain nameless LOl do post in their sleep LOL :p  :;):  :laugh:  :O
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-May-2003, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Quote (scottish2 @ May 14 2003,6:30)
Ah heck we can do that in our sleep in fact I think some posters who shall remain nameless LOl do post in their sleep LOL :p :;): :laugh: :O

Yeah, some people here have been known to use the computer while sleeping :D . I used to log on to AOHell back when I was using dialup sometimes at about 4 am on Friday night/Saturday morning to see how many drunk psychos were skulking around (as opposed to the regular everyday drunk psychos that used AOHell) :D .
scottish2 
Posted: 15-May-2003, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Heck when I first got on-line I think my wife felt she was single since I was on-line sooooo much. Now I am on-line but never doing much LOL. Have like 4-5 erbsites I check regularly (Give you a single guess at one of the websites LOL  :D ) and mail and downloading and that's about it.

But yeah I know the feeling of AOHELL.

For any member whose usig AOL try the real internet and get off AOL, your computer will thank you for it. :;):
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 15-May-2003, 01:17 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Yeah it isnt easy getting rid of the junk they send you on that "free" AOL Disk of theirs either! It loaded itself all over my computer's innards, plus I was getting billed on my credit card for their so-called "free service!" It took three acts of congress practically to get a stop put to it! I HATE AOL!!!  :angry:

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 15-May-2003, 02:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Yeah AOL can be a real pain. I know I hate installing anything they have their hands in but sometimes it's worth it enough to do it. For instance winamp apparently has ties with AOL for when you install it you get their fricken icons everywhere same with AOL Message and net scape for for us webmasters nutscrape ??? (netscapes a pain to program for they don't seem to like normal HTML) but it's a real pain and they don't just add one icon but icons everywhere. When ever I install something AOL related I find it on my desktop my link sbar in IE and in my favorites folder and am sure I have missed a few spots. :angry:
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 15-May-2003, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Quote (scottish2 @ May 15 2003,5:54)
But yeah I know the feeling of AOHELL.

For any member whose using AOL try the real internet and get off AOL, your computer will thank you for it. :;):

I know. Since I switched from AOHell to broadband, it has been smooth sailing. For one thing, I don't spend half the time logging on 'cause I was gettin' bumped off. I do miss the sign-on sound I had though. It was Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi:

"Welcome, young Skywalker. I have been expecting you."

That also fit how I felt about AOHell to a "T".

MDF3530 
  Posted: 15-May-2003, 11:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Quote (scottish2 @ May 15 2003,3:01)
Yeah AOL can be a real pain. I know I hate installing anything they have their hands in but sometimes it's worth it enough to do it. For instance winamp apparently has ties with AOL for when you install it you get their fricken icons everywhere same with AOL Message and net scape for for us webmasters nutscrape ??? (netscapes a pain to program for they don't seem to like normal HTML) but it's a real pain and they don't just add one icon but icons everywhere. When ever I install something AOL related I find it on my desktop my link sbar in IE and in my favorites folder and am sure I have missed a few spots. :angry:

Being a Mac user, I've never actually used WinAmp, but I did use MacAmp for a few days. Then I heard about this miraculous mp3 software for Macintosh called iTunes. When I first used it, choirs of angels began to sing the "Hallelujah" chorus from Handel's Messiah. I will never use any other mp3 software again.
Jimmy Carbomb 
Posted: 16-May-2003, 07:24 AM
Quote Post

Barleyjuice ~ "Pog Mo Tunes"Publishing
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: On The Road

male

Quote (MDF3530 @ May 14 2003,8:05)
...to see how many drunk psychos were skulking around...

Daggum it.  You must have read my profile!!
:D

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-May-2003, 04:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Quote (Gaelic Bread @ May 16 2003,8:24)
Daggum it. You must have read my profile!!
:D

Well, I didn't want to say anything... :D

Seriously, I would strongly recommend that you drop AOHell like a bad habit.
scottish2 
Posted: 16-May-2003, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

I think I'd rather keep the bad habit and just drop AOHELL LOL :p
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-May-2003, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Quote (scottish2 @ May 16 2003,5:44)
I think I'd rather keep the bad habit and just drop AOHELL LOL :p

I miss AOHell like I miss the pain I had after I had my wisdom teeth pulled :D .

Seriously, AOHell is good for people who are going to be on the Internet for the first time. Basically, it's the Net with training wheels. Good until they're ready to move up to the big boy/girl high speed Internet.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 16-May-2003, 06:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Quote (free2Bme @ May 15 2003,2:17)
Yeah it isnt easy getting rid of the junk they send you on that "free" AOL Disk of theirs either! It loaded itself all over my computer's innards, plus I was getting billed on my credit card for their so-called "free service!" It took three acts of congress practically to get a stop put to it! I HATE AOL!!! :angry:

What I did when we switched from AOHell :angry: to broadband was I used the search program on my computer. I had it look for anything AOHell :angry: -related. After making a printout of my email addresses, I deleted everything AOHell :angry: -related. Good riddance to bad rubbish!

TracyLynn 
Posted: 16-May-2003, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

Realm: United States Of AMERICA!

I have no problems with AOL. I even tried the "real" internet and hated it. AOL is like an inner circle...when your in it you can still reach the outside, but if your not in it the outside is all you have. I have AOL powered by Verizon DSL. I LOVE it! I do way more stuff on the net now than I EVER did with dial up. Dial up just plain ol sucks reguardless what ISP your using. I have noticed that many programs place things all over the friggin place on computers. I downloaded this cute cursor program and it placed a whole extra bar on my IE. I figured out how to get rid of that. One thing that it did add that I like is a pop up killer. But AOL already had that anyway. I hear lots of people complain about AOL and it's weird cause sooooo many people are still using it. I guess everyone has their preferences :;):

--------------------
How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
PMEmail Poster               
scottish2 
Posted: 17-May-2003, 07:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Nah you can still reach AOL last time I knew from any ISP so long as you pay the access fee. I think last I knew was like $10 on top of the ISP price you pay but am sure that went up with their rate hikes.

And I bet anything you do on AOL I can do without AOL, not saying of course everything can be done but then most don't use everything AOL offers. Worst part though for the basic main service they provide is their E-Mail. It stinks it's so bare bones it's pathetic. I can do sooooooooo muchhhhhh moreeeee with outlook express then I ever could with AOL mail.

As for pop up blockers I can give you a program I have used in the past that works well in fact I should reinstall it to help aid my ISP's pop up blocker.

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada. They provide music license coverage through SOCAN.
Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance Tavern, Ye O' Celtic Pub, Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics , Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With Chrome (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]