Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,888 Gold!

ScottishRadio.net is going to be our official "Beta Test Domain" for the next few weeks. All access to this domain will lead to our apache server. (Which is taking shape very nicely) In fact, if you would like to access our test page on our own server, click the following link:

http://66.149.54.34:8000

Within 1-2 days the internet DNS servers will update the ScottishRadio.net with our IP address, so you will not need to type the full IP address.

Please send feedback on the response time to our Beta Test Domain. I'm going to post this info on the main page too. Thanks.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
scottish2 
Posted: 28-Nov-2002, 06:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

I got a This page can't be displayed error message  :(
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Nov-2002, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,888 Gold!

Hehehe, opps........

Try it again and let me know if it works. Had my firewall setting to high!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
scottish2 
Posted: 28-Nov-2002, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hi Paul

Unsure how far along you are exactly but this time the link worked and I got a page saying the following. Being am unsure how far you are miught be right but just in case.

Welcome to the Future Home of Highlander Radio! As of November 27, 2002, the domain name of ScottishRadio.net will be used as our official test domain for the Highlander Radio website. We hope to be all moved on or before December 10, 2002. Check back here for details. To visit our site, click here!

If you can see this, it means that the installation of the Apache web server software on this system was successful. You may now add content to this directory and replace this page.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seeing this instead of the website you expected?
This page is here because the site administrator has changed the configuration of this web server. Please contact the person responsible for maintaining this server with questions. The Apache Software Foundation, which wrote the web server software this site administrator is using, has nothing to do with maintaining this site and cannot help resolve configuration issues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Apache documentation has been included with this distribution.

You are free to use the image below on an Apache-powered web server. Thanks for using Apache!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 28-Nov-2002, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,888 Gold!

SHould be working now. In fact, ScottishRadio.net is now pointing towards our new server.

Its going to be a number of weeks before this is properly configured, but we plan on running a duplicate image of the HIghlander Radio website at which point we are going to turn back on our email service.
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 29-Nov-2002, 07:39 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

It works now!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 29-Nov-2002, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,888 Gold!

Thanks for your feedback! Actually, we are going to be moving faster than I thought with the webserver.

We have switched our webserver to Win2k Advanced Server which will speed our development time by atleast 10times. Tonight we installed 1 gigabyte of memory. This baby is flying!

It is possible we might move the forum over to this server sometime this weekend to get a feel of how much power and bandwidth we can handle.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 01-Dec-2002, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,888 Gold!

Our new webserver is slowly being built. I say slowly, because alot of this stuff I have never done before. I've re-estimated the completion date to sometime in January.

Ok, now I really need your help. Anyone want to volunteer to test out the forum under our new server. Please just visit the following link and report back on how fast it loaded, response time - thats pretty much all we are looking for now:

http://www.scottishradio.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi

Thanks for your help! BTW - if the board looks funny, don't worry, it is just to test the connection.
free2Bme 
Posted: 01-Dec-2002, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

This is the screen I got, Macfive:

Ikonboard CGI Error
Ikonboard has exited with the following error:

Can't open file (d://home//public_html//cgi-bin//forum/Database/active_sessions/active_sessions.db) for reading. Permission denied

This error was reported at: d:/home/public_html/cgi-bin/forum/Sources/iDatabase/Driver/DBM.pm line 246.

Please note that your 'real' paths have been removed to protect your information.

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 01-Dec-2002, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,888 Gold!

What is totally amazing about webservers is the 1000's of different settings and programs needed to work in unison. Well, after an hour investigating the problem, I figured out what I did wrong.

Thank you free2Bme for alerting me to this!!! I really appreciate your help!!!

Please try it again here:

http://www.scottishradio.net/cgi-bin/forum/ikonboard.cgi

Again, looking for respone time, load time, etc. Try browsing through a few posts in the general catagory. They are from about a week ago. Thanks!

maggiemahone1 
Posted: 02-Dec-2002, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

the page cannot be displayed...sorry Mac it didn't work.

maggiemahone1
scottish2 
Posted: 02-Dec-2002, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Worked fine for me though a little on the sluggish side but it could be my system getting to the reformat time I guess just giving me too many headaches :{
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 02-Dec-2002, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

Ok, it worked fine for me this time.  It loaded really fast, too.

maggiemahone1
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Dec-2002, 08:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
254,888 Gold!

Thanks for checking it out. It would appear that the response time and load time would be acceptable. We are probably going to replace the motherboard on the server so we can get a Pentium 4 1.5-2.0 Ghz CPU - along with the 1 gigabyte of main memory, this should really make things fly and help with any server loads of users.

If all goes well, we might have the forum and free email service go live this coming weekend....as long as we don't run into any snafuus! :)
scottish2 
Posted: 02-Dec-2002, 08:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hi Paul

Just retested this as I redid my system this afternoon was just driving me too crazy anyways with a fresh load tgook about 12 seconds and with a refres maybe about 9-10 seconds.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]