Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Character Description, just for those who want..
Herrerano 
Posted: 24-Jul-2003, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Well, guess I'll go on and do this, although I would think it would be fairly easy from reading the story to know most of the relevant facts about Firth, but to keep everything as simple as possible, here it is.

Firth (just call me John) Farquhard

A plain old regular human being. No special powers or really anything else, although he ain't a bad cook. Don't assume too much about him though, some rivers run pretty deep. He is on vacation, all of a sudden caught up in an adventure that he really isn't interested in, although he is attracted to female humans, particularily Ann. But being an engineering type, sometimes his 'people skills' might be somewhat odd. He has lived for some years in Latin America, and has some fairly old fashioned, conservative type ideas.

He is also a public transportation type person, not because he can't drive (having at various times in his life driven just about anything that could be driven except aircraft, including various types of heavy equipment). But just because he finds it practical where it is well developed. (Unlike the U.S. which has a horrible public transportation system. If he were vacationing in the States, he would be behind the wheel).

Oh yeah, he likes beer quite a bit as well.

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
barddas 
Posted: 25-Jul-2003, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Offical sacrifice to the guitar gods-Play til you bleed

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: second star to the right, straight until morning

male

Zeb appears to be a man of around 60 ( Like Harrison ford 60) around 5'10, 165 lbs.

He has a salt and pepper gotee, Long Silver hair with streaks of red, in a long braid.
HE normally wears long coats, and long sleeved shirts. His body is covered with blue/black tattoos. Spirals and other images cover his arms, torso, and legs. Very few people have ever seen them. He speaks with a very heavy scottish accent, and always carries a walking stick. It gives the illusion of him having need of it. But it actually is to conseal a small broad sword....

That is the visual desription as I see him.

--------------------
BARDDAS BLOG/WEB SITE

Co Founder/Member of the KDC

Music is holy, art is sacred, and creativity is power

Everyday is EARTH DAY to a farmer

"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
Oscar Wilde

Some men are drawn to oceans, they cannot breathe unless the air is scented with a salty mist. Others are drawn to land that is flat, and the air is sullen and is leaden as August. My people were drawn to mountains- Earl Hamner Jr.

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
free2Bme 
Posted: 09-Aug-2003, 02:19 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Okay, have I missed something???? Are we not playing this RPG game anymore? I was having so much fun and could not wait to get back into the groove. Now it seems as if everyone has abandoned the game...

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 09-Aug-2003, 03:46 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

Yeah, we just slowed down. Lots of work on this end. Looooooong days, tired,GROUCHY, other things not conducive to writing well. Oh well, trying to get back in the groove of things.

Leo, out in the currently dry and sunny Azuero, which is a part of the Republic of Panama, thinking about a really cold Balboa and something really tasty to munch on.
PMEmail Poster               
RavenWing 
Posted: 11-Aug-2003, 09:41 AM
Quote Post

Dorkus Trollus Maximus

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Indiana, USA

female

Yeah, I would have to agree with Leo. Last week was hell week. I am sure we'll catch up.

--------------------
May all your up's and down's be under the sheets!

Religion is for those who are afraid of going to Hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
- Anonymous
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 03-Dec-2003, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ Jul 14 2003, 03:51 PM)

Psychological Profile: Extremely efficient killer who wants to know as much as possible about his targets. Has been known to get involved personally, and in several instances carnally, with his targets.

Sir High King, I bet this character is entertaining when his target is a deer! (snigger)
OOOps, there goes my sense of humor again.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 03-Dec-2003, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Labban (LAY-bun)

6', lumberjack build. Lost track of his age somewhere after 600. Perpetually drunk, and seems to be insane. But he's really just quirky. The only trait he hasn't lost is curiosity. Carries a few trinkets and items in his trenchcoat. Not THOSE kind of trinkets.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 17-Dec-2003, 01:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

I did this before but I'm afraid the character sketch disappeared when some old stuff was purged from the board, so I'll try to be consistent as I rebuild this.

"Bill" is a successful bounty hunter who specialized in things that "normal" people don't wish to believe even exist. His track record includes a bunch of zombies (they are really easy to hunt but the bounty on their heads usually isn't all that great. They help pay the bills.), a handful of werewolves (bloody difficult, but the pay is excellent. By the time someone realizes what they are dealing with they're generally willing to pay a premium), three or four vampires, a sasquatch (read $as$quatch), a Navajo 'skin walker', a 'hairy-man' (Athabascan version of Sasquatch) and in the past few years has done quite well hunting Chupacabra.

In his late 30s, he's tired and ready to retire but needs a big score in order to do so. This particular vampire (Jack O'Calahan in The Training Ground) represents that big score, as there is a very wealthy 'gentleman' in Puerto Rico who is highly upset that Jack 'turned' his six-year-old daughter and will pay highly for its head.

"Bill" is very highly trained in the military arts and is technically and technologically proficient. He considers himself to be a professional and takes great pride in his work, even though he can't exactly advertise or boast of his exploits. His preferred tools are chosen for reliability and availability. He prefers the Glock model 22 handgun (loaded appropriately for the particular quarry) as a sidearm and is also partial to the Remington model 870 shotgun and Colt M16, though an AR15 HBar will do in a pinch. He is also reasonably competent with a variety of edged weapons, though he's smart enough to avoid taking a knife to a gun-fight.

He changes his identify frequently and thoroughly to avoid detection by law enforcement officials, government agents and a variety of wizards and witches he's been trying to dodge for many years. Physically he can best be described as "average", which helps him disappear into just about any group of people. He claims no "magickal" powers though when he really needs a break things usually work to his advantage. He thinks it's just coincidence but watch out, he just might be a "sleeper". At least Moira McCrae and those of her "order" seem to think he's something special.

"Bill" isn't sure of his own name. He was orphaned as an infant and placed in Colorado's "system". He turned out to be one of those "hard to place" kids, bounced around from foster home to foster home and of course endured all the various hardships that befall such children. His best childhood experiences occured when he was fostered to a ranch owner near Mancos, Colorado (bordering Mesa Verde' National Park) who found that foster kids make cheap laborers. During his two years on the ranch he was befriended by the Ranch foreman, a Navaho named Ben Yahzee (if he wasn't Ben Yahzee in the other sketch, he is now.) Many of his hunting and outdoor living skills were learned under Mr. Yahzee's tutelage, and he also adopted many Native and Native-influenced beliefs.

At the age of fourteen "Bill" was taken from the ranch to an undergound and highly secret 'institution' where he was incarcerated and subjected to a wide range of physical and magickal tortures in a vain attempt to force him to display some sort of paranormal, supernatural or 'magickal' ability. Without realizing it consciously he developed the ability to shield his mind from most "magickal" probes, allowing him to usually discern the "magickal" from the "real". As a result of his experiences in 'the institution' he is of course fully aware of some people are very capable of acts of magick, but he developed an almost pathological distrust of anybody who practices or attempts to practice the magickal or supernatural arts. Though he can interact with such people in a civil manner and can even form alliances with such people when necessary, he tends to remain very suspicious of the motives of any such people. He is most likely to trust those who relate closely to spiritually strong animals (in Native American terms) such as large predators and birds of prey, but even then he is more inclined to trust the animal team-member than the human.

Upon his escape from 'the institution' (at age 16) he knocked about the country some with a traveling carnival before enlisting in the military where he learned the basics of his trade. After his enlistment he pursued a career in law-enforcement which came to a sudden end one dark night when he interrupted a strong-arm robbery committed by a band of zombies, 'terminating' one of the miscreants in the process. Whether or not "Bill's" 'shoot' was righteous is still in dispute, but he escaped prosecution only because one can not murder someone who is already dead (murder is defined as the unlawful killing of a living human being). It was a result of that incident that he learned that there are people willing to pay for the termination of living dead people.

Bill continued his training in the military arts and developed his skills as a bounty hunter to become the mercenary bounty-hunter of our story line.

Aon, is that reasonably consistent with our earlier story-line?

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 17-Dec-2003, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

it is
I bow in front of your mastery with words...
*bows*

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 24-Dec-2003, 02:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

I'm blushing, but English is the language of my birth. Your command of the language is far more commendable. I've often envied the apparent ease with which so many Europeans learn the languages of others.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 24-Dec-2003, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

ease?
I might have a slight advantage by being taught German and French from Birth in grasping languages... but I had to study hard to get where I am.
Speaking several languages fluently is something I am very proud of, but I doubt it's European, there must be people all over the world which have an easy grasp of languages, not only Europeans.
PMEmail Poster               
Nefariel 
Posted: 02-Feb-2004, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey, I'm joining highland castle, and I posted my characterin the other character descriptions, but I figured I may as well post it here, too smile.gif

Ladaerwen (pronounced Lah-DIRE-wehn): in common tongue, maiden of shadow

Kin to Lahatha, but where Lahatha has a silver hue, Ladaerwen is a black wolf.
She also can change shape to human form (in which she is fair-skinned with short black hair), but prefers wolf form.
Ladaerwen has no special fighting powers, but is a maester of the arts of sorcery, healing and tracking. She can sense beasts' true motives, but whether or not she tells you is up to her. She is quick to deceive and prefers solitude to company.
Although she looks evil, she shuns the dark arts, and has defeated many a black foe.
While Lahatha was raised human, Ladaerwen was raised a wolf. They found each other in the woods of Daurendin, and knew a special bond, for without speaking (wolf or human), they knew the others' thoughts.
Although they roamed the forests for many years and knew no sorrow, the Dark Lord Gron'egaun found them and was jealous of their friendship. He hated all wolves, but especially the race of Lurhath (Lahatha and Ladaerwen's great grandsire), who would not join with him in usurping power over the Yirnen Forest of the north many years ago, but fought against him instead. Losing that battle, he was exiled to the Eastern desert Narranh.
One day, Lahatha and Ladaerwen strayed from the Yirnen Forest, and although Lahatha's strength and Ladaerwen's magic greatly weakened him, Gron'egaun overtook the sisters, and split them apart.
Upon finding one another recently, they have sworn an oath to break the sword of Gron'egaun. The sisters have but one clue to his whereabouts: each hold half of an emerald from the Dark Lord's crown.
However, they know that they can not defeat Lord Gron'egaun alone.

--------------------
Aragorn What do you fear, my lady?
Eowyn A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them, and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire.
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 03-Feb-2004, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

I think this was planned for TG.. wink.gif btw.. *confuzzled* did I give you the pass? (no bad intentions.. I'm just not outright sure anymore... )
PMEmail Poster               
Nefariel 
Posted: 03-Feb-2004, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

female

I think this was planned for TG

What does TG mean?

O sorry about the pass- i sent you a pm about myself just now, I hope there's no trouble smile.gif
~neffie
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 03-Feb-2004, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

female

look at the HC description thread..

TG is the Training Ground, the first thing we ever did here.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]