PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 20-Aug-2005, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

I'm doing some serious house-cleaning, in preparation for hosting a Baby Shower next Sunday afternoon. Sure as the world somebody is going to go around opening cabinets and drawers to see if I've crammed the junk in them that usually sits around on the furniture. rolleyes.gif

And I got a few new movie posters for the family room downstairs: three Steve McQueens, one Revenge of the Sith, and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. For that last film I even found a little 8" x 10" publicity photo of director Clint Eastwood, the gorgeous John Cusack and the lovely Alison Eastwood together.

I like movie memoribilia, for films I'm fond of.

SB

This post has been edited by Siobhan Blues on 20-Aug-2005, 05:23 PM

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Aug-2005, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Really great to see everybody and know all is well.

I have a lot going on right now and been busy with various projects that are taking a lot of my time. I signed on with a re-enactment group here in AZ that do both the Scottish 45 and American Revolutionary Wars and have been spending a lot of time in research of the periods by studying what and why the wars were about, the language, cultures, costumes, manners, etc., etc. It has been absolutely daunting! I had no idea it would take this much time, but it has been fun and different for me so I am really enjoying it. The research on the period clothing has been the hardest as everything I wear has to be really authentic in every way. Some stuff I will be sewing myself and other stuff, a gal offered to sew for me! So that was really nice.

My digital camera got put in the shop so I am bummed about that. Hope I get it back soon.

I must confess that I am a TV addict. I am like JP in that I grew up with watching a lot of shows and still enjoy watching a lot, so my payment to Direct TV satellite has been well used! laugh.gif

Will be having a lot of company from September till Christmas so the next few months will be busy with that too, but looking forward to it.

Hey Coyotemoon! I really love your avatar. Yes, we have had our share of thunderstorms more than anything and some rain. It has been sad to see the rescues in the news. I can't understand these people driving through these washes and sadly they get themselves killed.

I had to go to the vet today to get one of my dogs some kind of homeopathic sedative for her as she is terrified of these thunderstorms! I have tried everything I know to do to keep her calm, not wanting to use drugs, but the vet said they had this herbal stuff that supposed to work really well. Will let you know how it works.

Mike, I recorded "Celtic Woman." It was very beautiful, wasn't it? I have watched it again since. my favorite song is Suil, a Run on there.

JP, hope all goes well with your dr appts. It is fun getting older, eh?

Well hello to all and hope you all are doing well. Will talk to you soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 23-Aug-2005, 07:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hi Rose!
The Gathering Place has been somewhat quiet lately.
I got a new pair of glasses - my others broke. So they came in last saturday and I picked them up. Wow! The prescription is so wrong. I cannot even see out of the right lens. I thought maybe I needed to get used to them. But that is not going to happen. It is just wrong.
So I called the eye Dr. to get them fixed - I have to wait two weeks to get back in there for them to fix my prescription!

I went to the dentist too. Seems I have some decay under a crown I had put in 18 months ago.

But some good news - my cholosteral is way down now!

thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 23-Aug-2005, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everybody!! So good to see all of you.. And all is well..I guess the place where the tornado happened the other day had warnings again today.. Glad it isn't here.

gwenlee-I am so happy Cheyenne is really serious about the pipes.. Thats wonderful..

Eventide I would have to agree with Celtic Coalition- your not missing out on anything with not watching TV... I think you would be surprised at the amount of people that don't watch TV including myself.

Good to see you Sioban Blues!! =Wanna come and clean my house?? LOL I need to do this fall cleaning..

Hey Hawkeye Mike! Good to see you again..you to Emmet!

CR- I am so happy you are enjoying your re-enactment.. I will want to see a picture of you in your garb...OK???
How is your notes going? It sounded like you are really learning a lot..

Well hello to all of you I hope you all enjoy your evening..see all of you tomorrow..

Slainte smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
ghost 
Posted: 24-Aug-2005, 06:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hello!
Just dropped by to see if all's well.

"Health is Wealth" they say, glad to see you are taking care of yours, j Padraig moore.

Celtic Rose, your plate is full! Is this re-enactment a yearly event?

Sioban Blues...baby showers are special. Have a great weekend.

Rindy and CC --If I did have cable t.v. you'd probably find me tuning in to the History or Discovery Channel.

I've had two days of R&R and now it's back to the daily grind. I was hoping to go back unscathed but my luck ran out this morning. It has been awhile since I shucked corn and my wake-up call came loud and clear as I felt a sharp pain run along my right index and pinky fingers and thumb! Blood pouring over the cornsilk and discarded husks...Woke me up in a hurry! wink.gif Now I'm sporting some lovely cuts, nice and deep and with bandaged fingers you know what I'm going to do?

EAT THAT CORN TONIGHT!!
tongue.gif

ttyl Renee
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Aug-2005, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Ouch, Eventide- that sounds sore...How was your corn? Not sure where everyone is where ever you are hope your having fun!!!
It was a great day here it is 73 degrees now no wind I should be out on the patio.
Well just stopping in to see whats going on- it will be cold and snowy and won't be able to get out much- oh boy-
Mike are you still riding your bike? I hope so.. I haven't been very good at working out the last week..uh oh..
Take care everyone

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 26-Aug-2005, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 23-Aug-2005, 08:47 PM)
I went to the dentist too. Seems I have some decay under a crown I had put in 18 months ago.

Hey, now don't y'all think that when something like that happens, the dentist ought to pay the patient for sheer aggravation and pain?!?!?! I sure do!

A few years ago I had to have a bridge, and the dentist charged me like $300 to pull the evil tooth. It was such an awful experience, he ought to have paid me to sit still thru it all! GRRRR!
PM               
ghost 
Posted: 26-Aug-2005, 09:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Rindy @ 25-Aug-2005, 05:42 PM)
Ouch, Eventide- that sounds sore...How was your corn?

Good morning all--

Rindy
Didn't think I had a bloody price to pay wink.gif The corn was tastier, I had a friend to share it with. Good company always makes the meal a happy one.

I agree Siobhan Blues, they should pay. Dentists are the "root" of evil. yuk yuk

Stiil waking up so I'll go before I really make a fool of myself.

ttyl

PMEmail Poster               
Antwn 
Posted: 26-Aug-2005, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: UDA ond o linach Cymry

male

Yes, perhaps dentists should remove their haughty "crowns", "drill" past each "root" in the earth, then when they've gained the "nerve", lay themselves down within that "cavity" until another comes along to install over them a "permanent filling". Now, on to the lawyers.......

Still it could be worse, how about the days before novocane? I shutter to even think about it. I'm with you, going to the dentist is a necessary evil I hate doing, yet they have contributed to my oral health and the trepedation is over until my next visit - which I have put off for a very long time now. I had a bridge too, and the whole thing cost me over $1,500, and they tell me I need another one. Fortunately I never got any wisdom teeth or braces, I'd be in the poor house.

A ap I

--------------------
Yr hen Gymraeg i mi,
Hon ydyw iaith teimladau,
Ac adlais i guriadau
Fy nghalon ydyw hi
--- Mynyddog
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 27-Aug-2005, 06:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone. I can't believe so many days has passed since I last posted. I have been in consult with the dentist. My filling cracked and now I have an infection. So now I have to have a root canal and a crown My oldest daughter called and she has chipped a front tooth. So I guess it off to the dentist we go for some mother daughter time.

I spent the day in Blueridge, GA putting flowers on graves of family, it is call decoration. Next week the Ross part of my family will meet at the old family church for decoration there. I alway have loved getting together with family. Hopefully there will be some folks there to help fill in the holes in my family research.

Rindy I'm so glad you weren't affected by the tornado.

On Sept 10th there is an Appalachian Highland Game in Andrews, NC.appalachian Highland Games. I'm making plans to go. If any of you are in the area try to go . I've never been but I met some of the organizers at Blairsville, Ga and they all seem very, very nice.

Well I have to go take care.
Rindy 
Posted: 27-Aug-2005, 08:11 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone- the day went well. It was warm and sunny got a lot outside done..

SB-sorry to hear of your dental pain.. They are so costly..its unreal..
Have a good evening

Eventide- glad your corn was good..hope your hands are feeling better..

An twn Ap Ioan- that is a clever funny quote did you just make that up?
Loved it..

Gwenlee
Such a bummer about your infection in your filling just isn't fair ya go through all that and it should be fixed. Strange your daughter chipped her tooth also. I had a root canal done and wasn't as bad as everyone said it was going to be.
I was really glad that tornado stayed away- hate them things..
You have fun when you go to the games let us know how they go..

Well all I got to go take care and talk to you soon.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-Aug-2005, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello there all. Still in the triple digits here. All is going well.

I wish when I lived in the deep south, I had known about all the Highland games then. Seems like there are so many there. I was busy attending powwows instead, though I had a blast doing it.

Feel badly for those of you who have to go to the dentist. Hope everything works out well for y'all.

Eventide, the re-enactments are yearly, yes.

Hello to Rindy, SB, gwenlee and Antwn. Take care!

MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-Aug-2005, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello all!

How's everyone doing? I'm just sitting here, checking the boards and listening to CR. I've also changed my avatar, title and wallpaper.

Rindy, I am still riding my bicycle and walking for exercise. I think this is the longest period of time I've ever exercised. I wanna lose this gut. When I go for a walk, I take my Walkman with me along with some water. I tried listening to it on my bike, but I wasn't comfortable with it no.gif .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Rindy 
Posted: 28-Aug-2005, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

A big Hello to you CR..What type of powwows have you been going to big ones? I bet they draw a lot of people..

Hey Mike, wow that is so great... You keep up the good work on exercising. Sure makes a person feel better.. Its just doing it I have a problem with..

Well its 59 degrees here looks like its going to be a beautiful day..

Have a great day..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]