jime307 
Posted: 10-Mar-2008, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

Whether your up in the mountains, out in the street or maybe a mix of the two, biking is a really fun way to get exercise and to travel, I am just now starting to lose the calluses I grew last summer from riding so much, beause it was really my main way of transport. (I'm not old enough to drive wink.gif) So discuss biking here and share your experiences!

-Jimmie

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
FamhairCloiche 
Posted: 11-Mar-2008, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tulsa, Oklahoma

male

I'm a recent addition to the bicycling world. We moved to Okla. from Dallas last year, and I found that this area is extremely road bike friendly. I used to ride when I was a kid, so I shelled out $138 for a bottom end Target special and started riding again.
Due to family obligations and work, I can only ride in the morning when there is little or no light. Everything was going fine, I was riding twelve miles at a stretch, until I woke up in an ambulance! I still don't know what happened. My left side was torn up pretty good, my helmet was shattered over my left temple, and I had broken my right arm just below the elbow.
Yeah!
The good news is that the bike is fixed, the body is healed, and tomorrow morning the low will be in the 40's for the first time since November. I'm going to try the four mile circuit around my city block in the morning. It's not much, but I need to ease back into it. Besides the 400 foot rise in the course should have me in good spirits by the end!

I don't know if we have any Celtic bikers in here, but if so post up what's going on in your areas. We host the Tulsa Tough Criteriums every year. It's a three-day professional short course event. Along with the pros, there's also two touring centuries and several short fun courses.
Also, cross your fingers, because I'm going to try to complete the MS 150 in our area in September. 150 miles in two stretches over two days!

'S e là a tha againn!
PMEmail Poster               
FamhairCloiche 
Posted: 11-Mar-2008, 07:02 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

male

'S e là math a tha againn!
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 11-Mar-2008, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

Wow a 150 mile stretch, seems like it would be fun, be careful though, bikes can be dangerous if you're not watching it, I got a really bad bloody nose from running into a stopsign of all things, just goes to show, you should pay attention to what you're doing smile.gif
FamhairCloiche 
Posted: 26-Mar-2008, 06:48 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

male

I conquered the hill this morning!
My new seven mile route includes one of the big hills in south Tulsa. It's a 4% grade for about 3/4 of a mile. For you math geniuses out there, that means that the hill is about 160 feet tall.

Anyway, I think that the 24 miles a day that I'm working towards is looking promising!
PMEmail Poster               
jime307 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

Good job keep it up, and 24 miles will seem like nothing, now that's a lot of good execise. Wish you the best

-jimmmie
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 03-Aug-2010, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

We took a ride on the Virginia Creeper Trail http://www.vacreepertrail.com/ a few weeks ago. We drove to Damascus Va. and rented bikes from The Bike Station http://www.thebike-station.com . They drove us up to White Top Station and we began our 17 mile downhill ride. The National Park Service and some of the local towns along the way, maintain the rail bed. The scenery was fantastic. Most of the trip is along an easy flowing river and about the halfway point, we stopped for lunch, which we brought with us in a backpack. There are a few restaurants along the way that you can stop to eat also.

The 17 mile trip took us about 2 1/2 hours because of the many stops we did because of the many bridges and scenic overlooks that we just had to check out. It was a very relaxing ride and is under cover of shade trees most of the way. I would recommend that if you rent a bike, go for the optional gel seat. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Posted: 02-Feb-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Group:
ZodiacBirch

I live on Vancouver Island and we have some great areas to bike in. I took up biking 4 years ago in a big way, i sold my truck and bought a bike. The reason was this, my wife and l had quit smoking a couple of years before and when we quit i was 150 lbs, two years later, l was 210 lbs, this on a guy that is only 5 foot 8, was not a pretty sight. It seems that i had ate far to many boxes of wagon wheels. lol. So i took up biking, l now ride around 25 clicks a day and am back down to 145 lbs...biking is good for you and my pretty wife, shes going on 50 and looks 30....so take up biking and if you like wagonwheel treats...give them up. lol Laclawiesegamay

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]