> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Dundee! Well I asked where I should post this thread so it was suggested in here as we will be discussing all kinds of things amongst one another, getting to know each other better as I had intended! sometimes the other threads tend to get off topic because we get to chatting and I thought maybe this would help remedy that. We'll see how it works out. so far so good though!

I have clicked on your pic before and seen ya in action. That is how I knew you played music and you look like a Renaissance fella! I have photographed a few of you Renaissance festival musicians many times. But I missed the festival again this year...boo hoo. Between sports and rain, we never made it. Oh well, next year.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 04:51 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: between Arizona & SW New Mexico

female

CelticRose: On one of my return ventures I heard of a Renaissance festival in AZ somewhere but the radio ad never said where. Could you enlighten this poor woman on the topic? The last one I went to was a wee one is Silver City & sorely miss the days of old in N. Calif. when they were held at Blackpoint.... my son grew up going & I would love to take his sons....

With gratitude,
CM
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 06:25 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey CoyoteMoon! So nice to have you here! You are going to Tucson?! I live in an hour from there! Wow!

yes, there is a Renaissance Festival every year in Apache Junction. It is outside of Phoenix on the far east side. Way out there, but very big and beautiful! It is still going on till April 3rd, but unfortunately my next two weekends are filled up and I can't go! sad.gif But you can still go, hopefully!

Well hubby will be home in a few and I must get off. Nice chatting with you all!

Have a good night!
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 22-Mar-2005, 12:28 PM)
Great idea Rosie!
Have to say things with me are kind of up and down: some days are great, work has been fine. But then other days are - Yikes! We have been having ongoing battle swith my 16-year old. Unfortunately when we are in the middle of dealing with him, the wife and I tend to start getting on each other.
But hey Ill tell ya' - dialogue is still there, we still love each other all around. We are being a typical family.

Hey there jp! We are having similar problems with our 12 year old daughter. Problem is she has figured out how to play my wife and I against each other and has made almost a game out of it. It is getting really serious! My wife and I have already narrowly escaped separation over this and she is only 12! sad.gif Grrr! Keep us in your prayers will you all? That we will survive this thing as a family and learn how to BE a family before there is nothing left to save!

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 09:07 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 22-Mar-2005, 07:35 PM)
QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 22-Mar-2005, 12:28 PM)
Great idea Rosie!
Have to say things with me are kind of up and down: some days are great, work has been fine. But then other days are  - Yikes! We have been having ongoing battle swith my 16-year old. Unfortunately when we are in the middle of dealing with him, the wife and I tend to start getting on each other.
But hey Ill tell ya' - dialogue is still there, we still love each other all around. We are being a typical family.

Hey there jp! We are having similar problems with our 12 year old daughter. Problem is she has figured out how to play my wife and I against each other and has made almost a game out of it. It is getting really serious! My wife and I have already narrowly escaped separation over this and she is only 12! sad.gif Grrr! Keep us in your prayers will you all? That we will survive this thing as a family and learn how to BE a family before there is nothing left to save!

Hello there Wizard,

Yes, you know you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Children can really test a marriage and it never ends. Just remember why you fell in love and that in itself is such a gift. Hang in there!

Slainte wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: between Arizona & SW New Mexico

female

Hello CelticRose! Actually, my son is in Tucson going to UofA & my daughter-in-law & grandsons, who currently live at my home in Silver City, will be moving with him in August. I've been with my dad since my mom's passing in Sierra Vista, although we're looking for property at present where we can eventually move all onto. Thus far, he's quite enamored with Mescal, St. David, & Benson... more of the sleepy towns that are peaceful & quiet. I'll be heading back to his place tomorrow but don't know if I can talk him into the fair or not... Perhaps next year the whole clan can attend! Would love to make the kids' outfits for it!

Thanks again & chat soon!
CM
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 10:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 22-Mar-2005, 09:35 PM)
Keep us in your prayers will you all? That we will survive this thing as a family and learn how to BE a family before there is nothing left to save!

You can count on it!!
PMEmail Poster               
Lil 
Posted: 22-Mar-2005, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

You betcha we will, too.
My hubby and I had a rough year last year, mostly my fault, but it's not something I want to go into on here.
I will just say, trust in each other and always talk to each other.

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 07:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Aren't we suppose to be in the Jester's Corner to blabber?

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 09:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 23-Mar-2005, 07:31 AM)

celticrose..... see what i mean? rolleyes.gif

oh by the way hey there yotemoon............... wink.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
Annabelle 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

What? What?
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Annabelle @ 23-Mar-2005, 08:31 AM)

Hey Annabelle and Dundee ! I asked one of the forum guides where to put this thread before I posted it and it was suggested in here. But I will write MacFive to make sure and he can move it if he sees fit. smile.gif I just didn't want to leave people out like, dragonboy if he wanted to come in and chat with us.

Wizard! Was wondering how things were going with you and your family. You know you are always in my prayers. I thought the new school for your daughter was working out well. Is it not?

Coyote Moon! I have never been to Silver City, but I hear it is beautiful. I know some folks who live there. You would leave there for the AZ towns you mentioned? What is your son studying at the UofA.........GO WILDCATS! My hubby is an alumni there and I used to work there for many years. Great campus!

All is well here. I have had a very busy week and my server keeps going on and off today.........grrrrr! My husband has been battling skin cancer this past year. They have gotten it all, but he has that typical Scots/Irish skin where he is very susceptible. well another spot has come up in the last two weeks and doc is pretty sure it is malignant too........despite his use of sunscreen. So here we go again.

Love my new satellite dish programming with all the new and current movies I can watch now.

Also got to watch my fave band, U2, inducted into the Hall of Fame on VH1 (it was a repeat from Saturday night) and they were awesome! I am so happy I recorded it! They are the best band EVER!!!!!!!!

Awe the best !
Rindy 
Posted: 23-Mar-2005, 09:16 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

CR, I am so sorry to hear about your husband. My father has skin cancer goes in every three to six months and gets them froze. Your hubby will be fine. It can be a worry. Take care and don't worry too much..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 06:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Never a problem to me Rose! Just asking a question!

My mom died of melanoma cancer. She has Squamous cell carcinoma on her face. They went in and cut it out but it was too deep and turned into melanoma.
She died 2 years later and didn't even know she had it til the last 4 months.
I have to go to the Dr once a year with wet hair and the Dr checks me all over even thru my hair for anything suspicious.

Most of the places they have had to freeze off but have had a couple (like 5) cut off before. Ouch! Gee I'm saying that alot lately.

A
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 24-Mar-2005, 09:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,785 Gold!

One of the "joys" of being Gaelic is having the typical Scots/Irish complexion that is so vulnerable to skin cancer. We sunburn ssoooooo easily and then in later years the damaged skin turns to cancer. sad.gif

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]