Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 17-Mar-2008, 05:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

A Happy St. Patrick's Day to one and all!!!

clap.gif
holiday.gif
thumbup.gif
toot.gif
w00t1.gif
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 17-Mar-2008, 08:16 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Top of the morning to everyone and a happy St. Pat's to ya, too! When I was a youngster, my grandparents would always send me a card (and money, too) on this day as St. Patrick is my patron saint. So, although I'm not Irish, I still have a reason to celebrate!

cheers.gif

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
ballydun 
Posted: 17-Mar-2008, 01:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

[SIZE=7]HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!!!

cheers.gif
clap.gif
holiday.gif
partytime.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
ranger 
Posted: 20-Mar-2008, 08:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Western Kentucky

male

Hey, all. Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it was the closest one I could find on this topic......

I will be in the Quantico, VA. area from 05 Jul through 12 Sep. I'll have evenings and weekends free (I think). sad.gif I was wondering if anyone here is from that area and knows of the good pubs, Celtic shops, or any festivals that may be going on in that area during that time frame. I would greatly appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone may have. Thank you, and have a good day. cheers.gif

--------------------
"...so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

'The Lord of the Rings' - Book one
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 20-Mar-2008, 07:17 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,918 Gold!

Hello everyone
I haven't done much posting on here lately...been really sick twice in the past month. Doctors did tests and it looks like my Gall Bladder isn't working right. I will see a surgeon after I get back from Scotland. Leaving in 4 days...so excited I can't stand it. I think I've packed everything except the kitchen sink. Oh guys...I've had a rough year medically...just when I thought that maybe things could get back to sort of normal another body part goes on the fritz...Guess I'm just at the age when I start falling apart. At least I know what it is now...not knowing what was wrong with me was kind of scary. hope all of you had a perfectly wonderful St. Patrick's Day. Another one of our Celtic Radio people is also going on the same trip. I've actually met him in person and looking forward to getting to know him better. I'll have lots of pictures to get made when I come back...may have to take out a loan...HaHa
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 21-Mar-2008, 09:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

leenie - so good to hear from you! I hope you have an absolutely wonderful time in Scotland! I am so jealous. I will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers for things to get better healthwise. You're too young to start falling apart. Shoot, my dad's going to be 86 in a couple of weeks and he still plays golf once a week and works 2 days at a golf driving range keeping the equipment running! I should be in such good health at that age.

Lots of wombat hugs coming your way!
Nara 
Posted: 21-Mar-2008, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

have fun on your trip, leenie, and good luck with surgery when you're back. i would love to visit Scotland...can you fit me and wombat in your suitcase along with everything else? hope you have a great time.

been off the site for a couple of weeks and missed you all. our internet was down for five days thanks to a powersurge in Comcast's somethingorother, and after that i've just been busy with school, work, church, kids, hubby, dog, etc. poor hubby, i just realized he was second to last on that list, just above the dog. i promise that list is not indicative of my real priorities. tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Mar-2008, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all!

Ranger, hope you can hook up with some folks while there in VA. Nice to have you and other newbies here as well.

Life has been extremely hectic for me. But one thing put life in perspective for me yesterday and that was attending the funeral of a 2-1/2 month old baby boy named Nolan. I have been to many funerals in my life-time but this had to be the worst! The child was born with liver cancer. Doctors did chemo to try to get rid of it all. Found a liver transplant donor from CA to hopefully cure him. After a 13 hour surgery, the infant's heart couldn't take it anymore and went to be with the Lord. So very sad for all involved. Seeing a little casket there was horrendous as I had never experienced an infant funeral service before. I know the family had many hopes and now it is all gone. Things like this break up marriages and I am praying fervently it does not with this family. Sorry. Probably not the best place to share such things, but that is what has been on my heart and mind lately.

Hubby has been going to dermatologists lately to have several "precancerous" growths taken off that could have turned into melanoma. Still awaiting results from the last biopsy as I heard that was a "bad one." What the heck does that mean?

So much else going on, but will spare you.

Hope this finds you all doing well.

Heard that down town Atlanta had the worst tornado in history! When I lived there, it was always said a tornado would never come through. Guess one can't mess with God.

Happy Easter for all you who celebrate it.

Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 22-Mar-2008, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Celtic Rose - how sad to hear about the funeral of the baby boy. I could not imagine having to go through that - especially one that young. I will pray for the family and for y'all too - I pray that your husband's results come back with good news.
Yes, that tornado was something else in downtown Atlanta. I live in Smyrna and we had a St. Patrick's coffee house (a.k.a. Java-the-Hut) at our church that evening. We had to cut it short due to the lights kept flickering and with sound amps and microphones we didn't want to chance something bad happening to all the equipment. I have a friend that lives not too far from here and he went outside during a hail storm to pick up some hail stones the size of baseballs. He put them in the freezer to show everyone. Amazing!

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
leenie 
Posted: 24-Mar-2008, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
38,918 Gold!

Thank you all for the well wishes...Wombats will be dancing in my head again...you don't know how much they are appreciated. I'm down to hours now and so excited I'm vibrating. All packed and ready to go, who am I kidding....I've been ready to go for the past 18 months and can't believe it's FINALLY time to leave. I've got 3 memory cards for my camera so plan on taking MANY pictures. Will probably have to float a loan to get them all developed. LOL Knock on wood...but I haven't had an attack in the last 2 weeks. Just hoping I can go for at least 2 more. All of you take care in the Spring storms. Tell you all about it when I return.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 01:21 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Life has been very crazy and hectic!

The baby funeral was so sad but the parents accepted Christ! Things like this can break up marriages so we are all praying for the family. So far in this case, the couple has drawn all the more closer! Praise God!

Gwyn, I think I told you before that I lived in Mableton for many years. I remember very well when we were in the basement of our home and the radio said that a funnel was going over Mabelton at that time! The funnel did touch down about 5 miles away! My gosh! It was so scary!

Living in the desert here we have our share of intense heat and tires blow out on the highway. Many folks get killed. It is so sad. So every place you live has something.
gwenlee 
Posted: 28-Mar-2008, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Just a quick note to say hello. I off for the weekend to dance, dance and maybe do some more dancing.

Take care everyone
gwenlee
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 31-Mar-2008, 03:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 21-Mar-2008, 07:13 PM)
Life has been extremely hectic for me. But one thing put life in perspective for me yesterday and that was attending the funeral of a 2-1/2 month old baby boy named Nolan. I have been to many funerals in my life-time but this had to be the worst!... Seeing a little casket there was horrendous as I had never experienced an infant funeral service before.

I totally understand what you're feeling. My brother-in-law and his wife suffered the loss of their baby boy only a month before he was due to be born, can you imagine our grief at knowing she was carrying a baby that was... oh it hurts to remember that time, we were all so shocked and dismayed. I remember my knees buckled at the sight of the tiny casket going into the ground.
To this day I do not know how my brother-in-law and dear sister-in-law made it through that without becoming bitter or broken beyond repair. But they did, bless their hearts, they had a daughter already and a few years later had another daughter so they've devoted their lives to those girls and to each other. The one time I asked her how they made it thru such sorry, W. simply said 'one day at a time - and with the constant presence of God.'

I'm so sorry your friends had to endure such grief.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 01-Apr-2008, 07:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

SB I am glad to see you, check your PM

I hope all of you are doing well. I had a great weekend. I danced until I was so stiff, rested then danced some more.

I started to feel under the weather last night. My throat is sore and I have a terrible cough. Hopefully this won't last long.

I don't have much planned for the next couple of weeks. So I guess I will get a few of things done.

Well I have to go.

TTFN

Gwen
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 02-Apr-2008, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

It's good to see the weather looking a bit more like Spring around here (again, I might add - how many times has it looked like Spring arrived and then turned around and left us?)

It's another quiet day here at the office. My boss is at the doctor's office - hoping that it's not serious. It could be an issue with her meds that she takes for the Crohn's disease and not something gone terribly wrong.

I'm tired of being achy from this stupid car wreck but, on the other hand, it could be worse. I saw in the morning paper that there was a wreck out on I-85 in Gwinnett County here that had 4 fatalities yesterday (3 in one family that was returning from a wedding in Utah). And the car that was the initial cause of the accident fled the scene. geez.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]