Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,734 Gold!

We are pleased to announce a few important changes and additions to Celtic Radio Premium members.

Northern Woods Radio is back online, streaming and available from our main page. This companion stream uses the same popular playlists from our very popular Celtic Moon broadcast.

user posted image
Click to Listen

"Listen To The Music Of The Great Northern Woods. Escape To The Nature And Beauty Of The Woods. Surrounded By A Woodgrove Of Birch Trees - Peace And Tranquility Await."

Other changes we have made:

- A new windows media compatible player is now available that displays the current song and album cover (for both Highlander Radioa and Northern Woods Radio). The Flash player is still available from the control panel.

- Celtic Radio TV is now VideoCelt. Yes it is true we have officially retired Celtic Radio TV. However, VideoCelt is much more interactive and contains 1000s of videos. Enjoy!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 11-Apr-2010, 01:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,734 Gold!

We forgot to mention that during the next week we will be adding a drop-down box on all of the music pages (such as the queue, requests, now playing) which will allow you to choose between Highlander Radio or Northern Woods.

Finally, we are searching for a female "soft" voice to create some station IDs and trailers. Does not need to have a brogue or accent. If you are interested or know someone that is interested in this, have them get in touch with us.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
iolanda 
Posted: 13-Apr-2010, 03:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Rieti ( Lazio )

female

thumbs_up.gif Wonderful!!!
Thank you very much, I love Northern Woods, it was one of my favourite station, I 'm very happy it's coming back!!!
Slàinte cheers.gif
iolanda note.gif

--------------------
]Happy who, hovers over the life..feels the language and the fragrance of the simple things and the flowers.. (C. Baudelaire)

If you lose, don't lose the lesson ... (XIV Dalai Lama)
PMEmail Poster               View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 13-Apr-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,734 Gold!

The new drop down boxes are in place on our main page, queue page and history page.

Clicking on your desired broadcast will show the songs that are playing under that channel. In addition, when you play either one of the broadcasts, that will be the default for the site.

We do have the ability to enable requests on Northern Woods, but I think we are going to only have that feature on Highlander Radio. We may come up with special programming on Northern Woods such as featuring a certain musician or style for the day. Such as an all day Celtic Women tribute or Celtic Thunder, etc.
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 14-Apr-2010, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

I'm lost, how does a Mac user listen to Northern Woods?
I use iTunes for Highlander Radio, not sure how I did it but works and saves paying for Live 365.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Billsnerdness 
Posted: 16-Apr-2010, 05:57 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Upstate NY

female

I LOVE Northern Woods. It soothes the soul.

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of the red haired dragon, for thou art crispy and go well with ketchup!
PMEmail Poster               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 16-Apr-2010, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

well Im still lost in the woods, it won't play on my computer, although I have no trouble with HR.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 29-Apr-2010, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,734 Gold!

We have fixed some configuration issues with the new Northern Woods stream which have been effecting listening for the past 2 days. This also involved migrating to the same stable technology we use for Highlander Radio which should allow in consistent availability.

Also note, if you are using Winamp to listen to Highlander Radio and you have installed the MP3Pro plug-in; when you switch to Northern Woods (using Winamp) you must disable the MP3Pro plugin or you will hear:

silence!

This is only for those using Winamp.
gandolf3339 
Posted: 10-May-2010, 11:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #64
43,489 Gold!

where do I find NW on 365 ? I searched but to no avail.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 11-May-2010, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
238,734 Gold!

For Live365 VIP, Northern Woods Radio plays the same music as Celtic Moon. Although, Northern Woods uses the same technology as Highlander Radio and we have a bigger playlist then Celtic Moon.
jackripple 
Posted: 11-Jun-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacHawthorn

male

Will I be able to listen to "Northern Woods" as a basic member of Celtic Radio? I'm new, so hope this isn't a dumb question - thanks!
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]