Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Quantum Touch, what do you think of it?
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 26-Sep-2004, 01:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Boy that is really narrow minded Rose!!

I'm narrow minded too....

Mat 7:13  Go in through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many there are who go in through it.  Mat 7:14  Because narrow is the gate and constricted is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it. 

angel_not.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey! I have been accused of worse things! laugh.gif
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

cheers.gif lookaround.gif
cori 
Posted: 29-Sep-2004, 12:16 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

I know I am coming in a little late to this, but reading through the posts, I have to say I agree entirely with the concept of Christ as the only physician. The bible says that every good gift and every perfect gift cometh down from the Father of Lights. My interpretation of this is that God is the only One who gives good things. Other things may look good, but they do not come from God. (Boy, I don't know if I am making sense to anyone. You're right about written words.)

--------------------

Leslie

~That would be an awfully big adventure.

~Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 29-Sep-2004, 01:15 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Cori, I understood you fine! I think I contradicted myself in the beginning of this conversation as I was saying one thing and meaning something else. I have had Shiatzu done and they use chakras and chi's to work on pressure points within my back and she had really helped me a lot. So that is what I meant by healing, but I will repeat myself and say I feel that the ultimate healer is Jesus, but that he uses different people to accomplish that task. Remember, the Apostles layed hands on the people to heal them............they may not have used Chinese medicine during that day, but today we have learned a lot of different ways about making one feel better and healing, but it all ultimately comes from Jesus for me! And the Elders of our church lay hands and pray over the sick asking for healing..............however, what is all boils down to is that it is all up to God as to who He decides He wants to heal or not. There is always a greater purpose that we may not always understand. Whew! I hope I made sense on that one! unsure.gif
susieq76 
Posted: 29-Sep-2004, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Stars
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Middle o' North Carolina

female

I think you are making perfect sense, CelticRose. It seemed to me to be an issue of semantics for a moment. You were speaking of medical healing from doctors, and WizardofOwls was speaking of (in the end) spiritual healing from doctors. At least, that's how it seemed to me. But you are making sense, all of you, don't worry!

--------------------
"Alas for those who never sing and die with all their music left in them" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
PMMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 29-Sep-2004, 05:58 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks SusieQ! I hope I made sense. unsure.gif
cori 
Posted: 30-Sep-2004, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

I don't really understand what "chakras" and "chi" are. huh.gif
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Sep-2004, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I bet Tassiecelt could explain this better, but I will try too.

http://www.crystalinks.com/chakras.html

Chakras

RED:
Base: Kundalini: Root Chakra:
Located at the base of the spine.
Contains the primary 8 cells that have all of the knowledge of
creation and remain the only cells in your body that do not
change in your lifetime. It grounds us in the physical world.

ORANGE:
Spleen: Located just beneath the navel, and related to
our sexual and reproductive capacity. Blockage manifests
as emotional problems or sexual guilt.

YELLOW:
Solar Plexis: Seat of Emotions. Gives us a sense of personal power
in the world. Blockage manifests as anger or a sense of victimization.

GREEN:
Heart Chakra: Blockage can manifest as immune
system or heart problems, or a lack of compassion.

BLUE:
Throat: Tied to creativity and communication. Feels pressure
when you are not communicating your emotions properly.

INDIGO:
Third Eye: Pineal Gland: Is a physical eye
with the capabilities of looking upward.

PURPLE:
Crown: Connects you with message from higher realms.
Can be experienced as a pressure on the top of the head.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Sep-2004, 05:34 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

This explains some of the chi! It is all basically part of Chinese medicine. Hope this helps! Like I said, Tassiecelt..............not to put pressure on him.............but I bet he could really explain it better to us all. But in the meantime, read for yourself. I hope these sites will help. smile.gif

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Philosophy/Taich...chi/taoism.html
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 30-Sep-2004, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

Oh the pressure!! I can't take it!! biggrin.gif

Look, I'm no expert now, but Rose has done a good job here, all i would say is that the represent the seven so-called physic centres of the body.

There is no Biblical support for such a belief and so i believe this belongs in the New Age bag.

The only 'Force" Christians need to be concerned about is that of God's Holy Spirit, as we battle the evil forces of the "Father of lies".

Life is simple, beautiful and clear as a follower of the Lord Jesus!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Sep-2004, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Graham! I tried to find something that would try to help others understand it all. I am still trying understand it all myself. rolleyes.gif
tsargent62 
Posted: 01-Oct-2004, 02:29 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

Time for me to throw my hat into the ring and, please excuse the term, play devil's advocate. Please keep in mind that I am very much a Christian.

I don't pretend to understand chakra's and chi all that Eastern medicine. But you're assuming that, since the Bible didn't mention it, it can not come from God and therefore is not of God. Is that necessarily true? If this Quantum Touch can heal people, what is its harm?

The stories in the Bible take place all in the Middle East and was written by people who lived there. What of the people in the Far East? Can we assume God had no infuence on them at all? Just because they are Buddhists for the most part, does it follow that any medicines and techniques that they developed have to have come from the evil one? Could it not be possible that since the Word had not been spread to the East yet that, given the fact that God loves all his children, the He gave them ways of healing each other?

Please don't read this as my believing in Quantum Touch. I am very skeptical of all of those things. But I have just enough of a scientific mind not to reject things like this outright. The church rejected Galieo's findings that the Earth revolved around the sun until long after his death. New things that we don't understand doesn't make them bad.

Todd
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 01-Oct-2004, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Interesting discussion.

I, as well, come from a scientific background and I have to wonder about some things.

First, I want to make clear, I know nothing about Quantum touch or other things mentioned here, I just wonder.

Is it possible these energy forces do exist? And if they do, they were put there by God. I see it as a possiblity that these places do exist on the body and that there are those who are skilled at addressing these areas in a thearupitic manner. Like massage or a choirpractor. Therefore releif (i.e. 'healing') can come from this type of therapy.

However, I agree with the overall concepth here that those practicing this type of therapy cannot heal. That comes from God. Physicians do not heal, nor choiropractors, nor accupucturists, etc and etc. (I'm afraid to spell check this post biggrin.gif )

Therefore, I would be open to looking into something like this as a therapy. However, I wouldn't believe it if someone told me they could 'heal' me. Just as no reputible doctor would claim to be able to 'heal' me. Doctors can treat but they cannot heal.

Did I ramble long enough?

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 01-Oct-2004, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

QUOTE (tsargent62 @ 01-Oct-2004, 03:29 PM)
Time for me to throw my hat into the ring and, please excuse the term, play devil's advocate. Please keep in mind that I am very much a Christian.

I don't pretend to understand chakra's and chi all that Eastern medicine. But you're assuming that, since the Bible didn't mention it, it can not come from God and therefore is not of God. Is that necessarily true? If this Quantum Touch can heal people, what is its harm?

The stories in the Bible take place all in the Middle East and was written by people who lived there. What of the people in the Far East? Can we assume God had no infuence on them at all? Just because they are Buddhists for the most part, does it follow that any medicines and techniques that they developed have to have come from the evil one? Could it not be possible that since the Word had not been spread to the East yet that, given the fact that God loves all his children, the He gave them ways of healing each other?

Please don't read this as my believing in Quantum Touch. I am very skeptical of all of those things. But I have just enough of a scientific mind not to reject things like this outright. The church rejected Galieo's findings that the Earth revolved around the sun until long after his death. New things that we don't understand doesn't make them bad.

Todd

AMEN!!!! thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]