Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Bottom's Up!, Slight drinking problem!
Keltic 
Posted: 04-Feb-2005, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

Is this where the term "bottom's up" comes from?

Woman Accused of Giving Lethal Sherry Enema
HOUSTON (Reuters) - A Texas woman has been indicted for criminally negligent homicide for causing her husband's death by giving him a sherry enema, a police detective said on Wednesday.

Tammy Jean Warner, 42, gave Michael Warner two large bottles of sherry on May 21, which raised his blood alcohol level to 0.47 percent, or nearly six times the level considered legally drunk in Texas, police detective Robert Turner in Lake Jackson, Texas, told the Houston Chronicle.

"We're not talking about little bottles here," Turner said. "These were at least 1.5-liter bottles."

Warner, 58, was said to have an alcohol problem and received the wine enema because a throat ailment left him unable to drink the sherry, Turner told the newspaper.

"I heard of this kind of thing in mortuary school in 1970, but this is the first time I've ever heard of someone actually doing it," said Turner, who led the lengthy investigation in the case.

The woman admitted administering the enema, but denied causing her husband's death, the Chronicle said.

A dispatcher for the Lake Jackson police said only Turner could discuss the case, but he did not return phone calls from Reuters.

Along with negligent homicide, Mrs. Warner was indicted for burning her husband's will a month before his death. Both charges carry maximum penalties of two years in prison.

Mrs. Warner surrendered to police on Monday and was released on $30,000 bail, the newspaper said.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 07-Feb-2005, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Do they make a Makers Mark Enema?

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Randy 
Posted: 08-Feb-2005, 08:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

Realm: Rochester, NY

male

People are awsome ))))

"You want me to put the sherry where??"
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 08-Feb-2005, 10:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

"Would you like a beer?"
"No thanks. Goes straight to my hips!!"

PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 10-Feb-2005, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

...and the story gets stranger!!! He was apparently addicted to enemas!!!

[/QUOTE]Widow denies role in alcohol enema
She says her husband gave himself the lethal dose of sherry
By RICHARD STEWART
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle

GALVESTON - A Lake Jackson widow denied Wednesday that she provided the alcohol that led to her husband's death from a sherry enema.

Tammy Jean Warner said her husband, Michael Warner, 58, not only had a longtime alcohol problem but had been addicted to enemas since he was a child.

Courtesy of Warner Family
Tammy Warner says her husband used this equipment for enemas. An autopsy report said his blood-alcohol level was 0.47 percent, almost six times the legal intoxication limit for operating a motor vehicle.
He gave himself the enema that led to his death May 21, she said.

"There's no way I could have gave my husband that enema, no way," Warner said during an interview at her attorney's office.

A Brazoria County grand jury indicted her on a charge of negligent homicide. Prosecutors claim she provided alcohol for Warner even though she knew he'd been warned that alcohol could kill him.

She is free on $30,000 bond.

An autopsy report said his blood-alcohol level was 0.47 percent, almost six times the legal intoxication limit for operating a motor vehicle.

"It all started back when he was a child," Warner said. "His mother used to give him enemas all the time, and he started to depend on them all the time."

She said he paid $1,000 to study colonics at a school and corresponded with other enema users on the Internet. Not all of his enemas involved liquor, she said.

"He did coffee enemas, he did Castile soap, Ivory soap," she said. "He had enema recipes."

She said he liked to use wine or sherry in enemas because that would allow his body to absorb alcohol faster than drinking it. Sherry and wine were easier on his digestive system than other forms of alcohol, she said.

"He would drink, too, but his favorite was enemas," she said.

Investigators said medical problems kept him from ingesting alcohol by drinking it, but his widow said he would drink as well.

"My husband could drink very well with any problem he had," she said.

He wouldn't drink every day, but when he did drink, he found it difficult to stop, she said.

"We had a lot of good days that we shared in our garden and our yard," she said. "When he went to drinking, a lot of times I would, too. I would take care of him the best I could. I'd make sure he'd eat."

The couple met about three years ago at a bar where she worked as a bartender and waitress, Warner said. They lived together for about a year before marrying in October 2002.

She said while they lived together she had a large tumor removed from her abdomen.

"Every day I was in the hospital, he asked me to marry him," she said.

She said he cooked most of the meals and weighed her food to make sure she followed a strict diet because she is diabetic.

"My husband told me he loved me more than anything in the world except for God," she said. "I'm not ashamed of my husband because I loved him, and I supported him 1,000 percent, whatever he wanted to do. That's the way he went out, and I'm sure that's the way he wanted to go out because he loved his enemas."

Warner said that when she woke up the morning of May 21, she had no idea her husband, who had his arm around her in bed, was dead.

He had a long history of being very difficult to rouse from sleep, she said. After repeated tries didn't wake him up, she called 911.

Emergency technicians told her that he was dead.

Warner said she believes her husband's adult children are the cause of the charges against her. She is also charged with destroying his will.

"There was no will," she said. She said they talked often of having wills made but never did.

"If he had died through consuming too much alcohol through a wine glass, we wouldn't be here," said Warner's attorney, Jyll Rekoff.

Warner said she did get money from her husband's life-insurance policy but refused to say how much.

Her husband's daughter, Serena Riemann, the executor of his estate, said in court documents that her stepmother got almost $250,000 in insurance.

The estate is valued at more than $317,000, according to court documents.

Riemann declined to talk to the Houston Chronicle.

Rekoff said Warner will plead not guilty. The case is scheduled to go to trial in July in Angleton.

If convicted, Warner faces up to two years in prison and a $10,000 fine on each of the two charges.
[QUOTE]
Link to article

PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]