> Hmmmmm obviously not as funny as i thought
Catriona 
Posted: 20-Nov-2002, 04:54 AM
Quote Post

Banned Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

We in the UK have always been travellers  ::lol

Since the opening of the Channel tunnel between southern England and France, it is possible if you live in southern  England, to go to France for lunch... !    For instance, London to Paris or Brussels in 3 hours.....

I am a great fan of what we call City Breaks... 3 nights (four days) in a major European city...  It gives you a flavour of the place and you can decide whether or not to spend longer in the area at a later date.  We have visited Florence, Madrid, Barcelona and Lisbon, amongst other places.

Most British families holiday abroad for at least a 2 week break every year.  Our package tours can be really cheap if you shop around.

I love New England... but not as much as the Old England, you understand....  :D   Parts are very reminiscent of the 'real' England, and a lot of the place names are the same - it can be like home from home for many UK visitors ::lol
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 20-Nov-2002, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

Viking Queen of the Fair Isles

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Howell, Michigan USA

::viking Catriona you sure get around. Though I have traveled a lot, it has only been where we could drive. I have been to Canada, to Mexico, and Atlantic, to Pacific. There is still alot I have not seen.  :(
PMEmail Poster               
Whiplash 
Posted: 26-Nov-2002, 11:16 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

Realm: USA

The most beautiful place in the United States IMO is in the mountains of Kentucky.  Pure beauty it is, especially when the leaves change color in the fall.  Y'all can keep all the NYs and Bostons! lol

Stephen  :D
PMEmail Poster               
free2Bme 
Posted: 26-Nov-2002, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Gulf Coast of Florida

female

Having lived and worked in KY most of my life - I quite agree with you Whiplash!

--------------------
RPG Anne O'Calahan
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
  Posted: 27-Nov-2002, 07:46 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

::viking  Well I have visited KY, even admit my sister-in-law lives there, but all out best is the Rockies. There is nothing more AW inspiring, than the beauty of the Rockies.
PMEmail Poster               
Faileas 
  Posted: 21-Dec-2002, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Guardian of Scotland :-)
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Isle of Skye

female

:) Well alltho not having been to the States I surely travelled most of Europe: Italy, Greece (Kos), former Jugoslavia (island Dugi Otok), Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Austria, Spain, Ireland, Holland and Great Britain of Course. But best of all these destinations is and remains Scotland lol. What a surprise hehe :laugh:

--------------------
Scottish in Heart :-))

In the darkest heart the pride of man will walk allone

's ged tha mi fada bhuat cha dhealaich sinn a chaoidh

Darkover RPG
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 21-Dec-2002, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Thought I'd throw my .02 in on this...

I haven't really travelled much, but I have been to several places. I've gone to Florida (Disney World), Iowa (visit relatives), California (drove up the Pacific Coast Highway from San Diego to San Franicisco-gets prettier the further north you go) Hawaii (Waikiki), Las Vegas, and a road trip from Chicago up through Toronto (too clean), Montreal (very nice but half the dang town is underground), and Quebec City, then down through Maine, Boston (very nice), Connecticut, on down to Washington D.C.

As a baseball fan, I would've liked to have seen Blue Jays, Expos and Red Sox games while we were on that trip, but it was not to be. As luck would've had it, all those teams were on road trips while we were in Toronto, Montreal and Boston :( .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
free2Bme 
Posted: 22-Dec-2002, 03:26 AM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

I've gone to Florida (Disney World), Iowa (visit relatives), California (drove up the Pacific Coast Highway from San Diego to San Franicisco-gets prettier the further north you go) Hawaii (Waikiki), Las Vegas, and a road trip from Chicago up through Toronto (too clean), Montreal (very nice but half the dang town is underground), and Quebec City, then down through Maine, Boston (very nice), Connecticut, on down to Washington D.C.

Whew - you must have driven a million miles! Just goes to show what happens when a man refuses to stop to ask for direction, eh?  I am wondering how you managed to get all the way to Wakiki without getting sopping wet!  :laugh:
PMEmail Poster               
Aon_Daonna 
Posted: 22-Dec-2002, 06:29 AM
Quote Post

The Wolf Lady

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Fife, Scotland

female

as about getting around, anzbody livin' in scotland wantin to meet up??

--------------------
Moderator: The Playground (RPG)

Carpe Jugulum
Carved with a twisted smile
An epitaph for sorrow
Sethian - Epitaph

If anybody wants a costum signature, pm me!
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 22-Dec-2002, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Quote (free2Bme @ Dec. 22 2002,3:26)
Whew - you must have driven a million miles! Just goes to show what happens when a man refuses to stop to ask for direction, eh?  I am wondering how you managed to get all the way to Wakiki without getting sopping wet!  :laugh:

HA HA HA, very funny Janet. You here all week?
free2Bme 
Posted: 25-Dec-2002, 01:09 PM
Quote Post

Queen of Janetania

ZodiacIvy

female

I am here all week, every week, but my computer is not very cooperative - this is the first time I have been able to boot it properly in DAYS!!!

You know I am just teasing you, right MDF?  Have a safe and happy holidays!
PMEmail Poster               
Posted: 27-Dec-2002, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Group:
ZodiacBirch

I do find it funny to hear my friends in Ireland and England talk about going on holidays to here and there and then my friends in the US lament about how they never travel..."But I've been to X, Y and Z in the United States."

Uhm, 'scuse me but, the USA is REALLY BIG in terms of milage.  I know this.  I just moved 1800 miles.  By car.  Not something I recommend, you understand.  But then a girlfriend of mine who lives in Glos. commented that you can't even GO that far in the UK without hitting water.  So I personally consider going to all the states people have mentioned in this thread as "traveling" as I think y'all have traveled pretty far in my books.  I liken it to going from one European country to another on the Continent, save of course, for the fact that in the US, people pretty much speak the same language (essentially).  

But I can sure tell you from my experience: Pennsylvania shares nothing in common with California, which shares nothing in common with Florida, which shares nothing in common with Texas.  ;)
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
Posted: 27-Dec-2002, 09:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Quote (Maibh @ Dec. 27 2002,6:31)
But I can sure tell you from my experience: Pennsylvania shares nothing in common with California, which shares nothing in common with Florida, which shares nothing in common with Texas.  ;)

Not to sound nitpicky, but you are wrong about your California-Florida comparison:

1. Disney theme parks.
2. Palm trees.
3. Bodies of water on the western edge of the states.
4. Miles and miles of beaches.

Posted: 27-Dec-2002, 10:19 PM
Quote Post

Group:
ZodiacBirch

Quote (MDF3530 @ Dec. 27 2002,9:21)
Not to sound nitpicky, but you are wrong about your California-Florida comparison:

1. Disney theme parks.
2. Palm trees.
3. Bodies of water on the western edge of the states.
4. Miles and miles of beaches.

:p   That is nitpicky in fact because I could make surface comparisons between Japan and France just as easily, but I know the natives wouldn't have any of it.  

Actually, I was referring more to the "culture" of each state, rather than whatever theme parks or geography they have to offer.  I do see what you are saying, but I should have been more clear in my earlier statement.  I meant the people and the culture.

And palm trees are not indigenous to California, whether or not the settlers decided to plant them there. ;)
PMEmail Poster               
Cabbagehome 
Posted: 28-Dec-2002, 07:33 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

::viking Now MDF, if you want miles and miles of beaches, come to Michigan. Our state has more coastline than any other state in the union.
(d)  Maibh is right about the differences in the cultures of states. Michigan is sure different from New Mexico, where I grew up. We even see a difference between upper and lower Michigan. The uppers (pronounced oopers) call us trolls, because we live below the bridge.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]