Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 10-Sep-2007, 09:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Looks like the Sci Fi channel will be doing their own version of the Highlander series. May even star Adrian Paul.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 11-Sep-2007, 08:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Captain Blood

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Sep-2007, 10:27 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 10-Sep-2007, 10:30 PM)
Looks like the Sci Fi channel will be doing their own version of the Highlander series. May even star Adrian Paul.

Really?! Oh wow! Die hard "Highlander" fan here. I can only hope it will be Adrian Paul as "there can only be one!" LOL Keep me posted Robert, ok? Thanks!

I heard the latest and newest Highlander movie, "The Source" went straight to DVD. It was highly anticipated to be much better than the other Highlander movies, but I guess not or I will just have to see for myself. Has anyone seen it?

I have watched so many movies lately, I can't even remember the titles!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
garfieldpurrs 
Posted: 18-Sep-2007, 06:08 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Scotland

male

The OLD ones are still the best, enjoying some of Cary Grant's movies, even although I have seen them before, probably more than once, Arsenic and Old Lace is brilliant as is His Girl Friday, silly of course but unlike today's silly movies, they were actually funny:)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Therasa 
Posted: 19-Sep-2007, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacOak

female

LOVE the black and whites!
I have His Girl Friday, My Man Godfrey, and just recently purchased a few Shirley Temples, although they are on VHS.
I am now up to 946 movies in my collection, my kids think I am a freak show and love to show and tell to their friends. I can't wait till their birthday next year, I have a ton of bath photos that I would love to share!!! angel_not.gif

Therasa

--------------------
Therasa

Sweet kisses after death, are remembered
Sweet smiles after death, are recalled
Sweet voices after death, are silent
Sweet love after death, after all.

PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 21-Sep-2007, 11:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

QUOTE (Robert Phoenix @ 05-Sep-2007, 02:14 PM)
Saw Stardust this past weekend.  A very enjoyable film but I really wish they hadn't deviated form the book so much.  I agree about DiNero's part.  The ship captain wasn't gay in the book and even if he was the part did not seem to fit him to well.  Believe or not he violence was toned down for the witches from the book. Get the book with the illustrations from Charles Vess and you will see what I mean.  The dead princes were hilarious. The movie ending is better but I don't want to give away any spoilers.  Still it was pretty close to the book for the most part and some of the locations from Skye were beautiful.  It's still a fun movie to see and I hope someone redoes it someday via Lord of the Rings style. 

Hi Robert!

I acted on your advice and got the book Stardust from Amazon - it came the other day and I finished it today. Like the first couple of Harry Potter movies, I was glad I saw the movie before I read the book - same with Stardust. The book is brilliant - Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess hit upon a masterpiece! I was also surprised at the vivid descriptions of the romantic scenes... boff.gif

I like the book's version - although I will agree with you that the movie ending is nice, it's a complete departure from how the story was written, although a bit happier. The scenery in the movie is very breathtaking, but Gaiman and Vess do an exceptional job with describing and painting it. For those who do not know the book, it's fully illustrated and if you're familiar with Vess' artwork, they are very detailed and stunningly beautiful!

Anyway, for what it's worth, for those Stardust fans, get the book and you won't be sorry! thumbup.gif

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 24-Sep-2007, 11:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

In the Valley of Elah, I may not ba a masterpiece, but it's real close.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 24-Sep-2007, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

There are several different versions of the Stardust book out there. Be sure to look for the illustrated one which I believe is the best. There are two versions of that and I wish I could have afforded the hardcover version. Some of the locations in the movie are from the Isle of Skye which makes a nice Celtic connection. If I ever visit I'm hoping to find the cliff were the witch had her chariot parked in the movie and take in the view.
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 24-Sep-2007, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Highlander the Source was the one they were talking about. It was on Sept 15th. There is a Japanese anime series but reviews have not been good. But it may spark a revival of the series.
PMEmail Poster               
gcw57 
Posted: 25-Sep-2007, 12:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: British Columbia

male

QUOTE (garfieldpurrs @ 18-Sep-2007, 05:08 PM)
The OLD ones are still the best, enjoying some of Cary Grant's movies, even although I have seen them before, probably more than once, Arsenic and Old Lace is brilliant as is His Girl Friday, silly of course but unlike today's silly movies, they were actually funny:)

Oh, so true, Garfield.

Arsneic and Old Lace was always a favourite of mine. I still enjoy watching the Marx Brothers and Laurel & Hardy on occassion, too. The classics are exactly that - classic! So many of today's movies you forget before you get back to the car after seeing it!

One of my favourite actors from years ago was John Garfield!

I need to see a movie soon but in our little one theatre town there hasn't been much to choose from if you're over 15. wink.gif

--------------------
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 25-Sep-2007, 05:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I recently borrowed Trainspotting from the library so I could watch it again. IMHO, that is Ewan MacGregor's best movie.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 25-Sep-2007, 06:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

The classics are the best. My favorites were always the comedies like Abbott & Costello or Bob Hope or Danny Kay. And I have yet to see a monster movie made like the Universal monsters. No CG back then and they still looked pretty good untill the crappy B-monster movies showed up.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 28-Sep-2007, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Robert! I recorded "Highlander-The Source" but have not watched it yet.

I watched "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock this week. Very good movie but not what I expected at the end. I don't care for Bullock in comedies for some reason, but LOVE her in dramas.
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Sep-2007, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

The Wind That Shakes The Barley. I have to say this is one of the best films I have seen in a very long time. I just loved it. I would highly recommend this film.
Wonderful film. thumbs_up.gif

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 01-Oct-2007, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I finally to watch my Flash Gordon DVD today. My it was grand watching that movie again after so long. DVD has some good extras too. The have the first episode from the Buster Crabb movie serials and a talk with Alex Roth (comic fans know) about the influence of Flash Gordon. There is also a card with a sketch on it in the case. It may be Alex's work but there is no mention on the case if it is or not. Got half way through "Wind." I'll have to watch the rest when I get some free time but so far I am enjoying it. The previews for the other two movies that were on the DVD look great too. Hopefully my local video store gets them so I can rent them before buying.
Also it appears the whole Harry Potter debate will continue. "The Golden Compass" is already getting press for its anti Christian/organized religion views. I haven't read the books so I really don't ahve an opinion about it yet.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]