jime307 
Posted: 07-Apr-2008, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Jackson Hole, Wyoming USA

male

Hey all, I shot this video of me and some of my friends climbing at the Enclosure Rock Climbing Gym in Jackson last week, and after going through Lots and lots of trouble Editing, I finally finished it and so without further ado, here it is

Just Climb

Credits:
Editing, Filming and Climbing- Jimmie Espenoza (me in brown Beretta T-shirt with Dark Brown Hair)
Filming and Climbing- Schaan Hughes (the Kid in the Stripes and Jeans)
Filming and Climbing- Miles Marousek (the Skinny Blond kid with shorts
Filming and Climbing- Kyle Brimeyer (the One with brown hair and Glasses)
Climbing- Nick Pampe (the one in the red shirt with glasses)

Music- 1st song: The Anthem - Good Charolette 2nd song: Peace of Mind - Boston 3rd song: Island in the Sun - Weezer

--------------------

St. Patrick's Day countdown banner
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Muircheartach 
Posted: 07-Apr-2008, 10:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hi Jimmie!

I want to commend you on not only letting us see the climbing gym in your city, but you and your friends in action (not to mention your good taste in music!). thumbs_up.gif

I also appreciate the time you took to do some very good editing and producing an excellent video for people who do not know that such things exist. I hear that many of todays young people spend too much time in front of computers or TVs - I'm glad that you are not only in to doing things that promote good health, but that you can get out of the house and practice climbing somewhere inside when it's too cold to do it outside!

Thanks very much for sharing! notworthy.gif

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 07-Apr-2008, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Howdy Jimie- I really enojoyed the video. My body feels so sore just from watchin. Do you have spotters then? We have a place in Lander but I've never went there. Oh..wanted to say "whats on top?" hee hee. Thanks for posting this be nice to see how your friends progress.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 08-Apr-2008, 09:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

Hey great job!!! thumbs_up.gif note.gif Do you have a Local Cable Access Channel station near you? Did you do all the editing at home??

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
jime307 
Posted: 09-Apr-2008, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

@ UlsterScotNutt
I did all the Editing myself although not at home, My computers video editor really wacked out so I used one of the Computers at my School. I'm not sure about the Local Cable Channel We have a PBS but I'm not sure who manages it, the Closest TV channel station to us is in Idaho Falls (roughly 100 miles away)

@Rindy
No we don't have spotters but the floor is covered in Mats and they have more mats that you put under where you're climbing, this really isn't climbing, just bouldering. About being sore, I was the first time I went but two days after (I was still a tad sore) I went again and I haven't gotten sore doing it since.

Thanks to the both of you and anyone else who liked it.
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 10-Apr-2008, 07:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

jime307, Nice work,
The local cable access channel / community voice channel is required by law as a service to the public. It is paid for by your cable television subscription fees . It is a full service television studio that allows free access by the public to film and present anything they like. They have classes to teach the use of cameras, both in studio and in the field, technique, interviewing, editing, sound, graphics, directing, floor management, etc. . We are fortunate to have the studio in my home town and it services a larger township area. I volunteer alot to film studio shoots, everything from local politics, state politics, comedy shows, interviews with prominent individuals from public and private life, religious programming etc. In the field I have done the Connecticut Military Vehicle Collectors Show www.comvec.org, school events, town events, etc. You can then send your prorams to other CVC/CAC channels nationwide if you like , They are always looking for new programs. I personally like to do floor manager on camera( you direct the talent on floor and do as the director asks) and to direct. Well, keep up the good work, you show alot of promise thumbs_up.gif
jime307 
Posted: 11-Apr-2008, 10:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

oh I see, I'm not sure who manages our PBS so I guess I'll find out, were you thinking they would show our little movie, because to most climbers here, we're not very good, maybe with a little more practice, I mean since shooting that I'm already a lot better, but not that good, anyways, thanks.
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 11-Apr-2008, 10:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

jime307, I would ask them were the local cable access channell, community voice channel is located.
The idea with your video would be more for showing people what climbing is like, that there is one in town, could give other kids and parents an idea they didn't think off, plus its entertainment and you can always do more video stuff!!! Creat your own production company . We have one group of kids here who do this crazy movie rating and critics circle, real funny stuff, we just did a group of comedy spoofs for April Fools Day. One of my sons is living a week in the woods with a friend and filming it all and the studio provides the equpment free of charge, studio time, editing facilities, graphics, sound editing, etc.
Best of luck to ya.
jime307 
Posted: 12-Apr-2008, 10:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

Well thanks for the Advice, right now I'm in Colorado on Spring break but when I get back on Monday I'll look into it some more, It would be nice to use a video camera, we filmed that with my Picture camera which just so happened to have a video function, the reason I cut all the sound out of the clips is because it's really choppy, plus the music playing in the Gyms background distorted our music and our voices horribly. Anyways thanks for the great comments. One thing I find very ridiculous is that Youtube rejected this video that's why I'm hosting on my site, they limited videos to 10 minutes, but if you search that there are plenty of videos that are longer than 10 minutes, maybe it's just my silly luck.
Wish the Best
-Jimmie
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 13-Apr-2008, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

That is too bad that youtube chose not to host your video. Keep up the good work though. I did enjoy it and would look forward to more.
UlsterScotNutt walkman.gif thumbs_up.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]