> Tartan day
ShortBit 
  Posted: 31-Mar-2002, 01:10 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Rienzi, Mississippi USA

Not often is this the opportunity available, so when a politician does something noteworthy in a positive way, I think we should brag about them.  Therefore I am here to brag on U.S.Senator Trent Lott from the Great State of Mississippi.

On March 20, 1998  Senator Lott,  Republican Majority Leader, proposed Resolution # 155.  It starts out with this:
"Whereas April 6 has a special significance for all Americans, and especially those Americans of Scottish descent, because the Declaration of Arbroath, the Scottish Declaration of Independence, was signed on April 6, 1320 and the American Declaration of Independence was modeled on that inspirational document;..."

and ends with the declaration:
"Now, therefore, be it Resolved, That the Senate designates April 6 of each year as "National Tartan Day." "

Everyone I know is aware that I am taking my first trip to Scotland in June. Everyone also knows how proud I am to be Scottish.  I will be wearing my Sutherland Tartan long scarf fastened with the Sutherland Crest to church next Sunday.  My Sunday School Class will be wearing small tartan ribbons.  My preacher, will have a tartan ribbon on his lapel.  My grand daughters will be dressed in tartan dresses...Elly has a bonnet also.

Rienzi, Mississippi...population 450, when everyone is at home, will be recognize Tartan Day!

:D

--------------------
ShortBit from Mississippi

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]