Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Harry Potter 4 - The Movie!, What did you think of the movie?
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 18-Nov-2005, 11:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

I've seen Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire this morning at 12:01 am.

I enjoyed it very much but have to admit that it has many differences from the book. The other films were much closer to the books.

In the fourth one they cut a lot of corners and you had to guess why this or that happend in the first place. But otherwise I think the movies was great.

Anyone else seen this movie yet or is planning on seeing it?

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Dreamer1 
Posted: 19-Nov-2005, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

We saw it last night, too! laugh.gif cool.gif Everyone--GO!! ASAP!

****(I warn you all--if you don't want any details then don't read on! Just get thee to the theater!!) ****

I thought they carried the main themes of the book well, though you're right - a lot of the details and side events weren't there. I imagine that was due to time constraints, but we would have loved to see them! We were looking forward to seeing the Quidditch World Cup played (!!), watching the interaction between Bagman, Crouch, and the Bulgarian Minister, "meeting" Winky and seeing Dobby at work at Hogwarts, the blast-ended screwts, the whole Bertha Jorkins thing was gone, I missed seeing the Weasleys surprise Harry just before the final task (was really looking forward to seeing Charlie and Bill!) and we didn't get to see Hermione's capture of Rita Skeeter! So many side issues that, I felt, helped to lighten the book and provide some comic relief. STILL...overall there were a lot of wonderful scenes, beautifully done and we will definitely be going to see it again! thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif thumbs_up.gif

I have to share this with you all too, and you may think we're crazy, but it was fun...we all wore our cloaks to the theater (Loews Cineplex in a mall). We got quite a few surprised stares, but most of the comments we heard were positive and upbeat. A couple of people asked where we'd bought them, and adults were the ones saying "Oh cool! Great idea" Teens weren't sure how they should react, so they went both ways but that was to be expected.

If you have a chance to see the movie-- GO!! Don't wait!! It's wonderfully done, you'll love the Yule Ball and the Tri-Wizard Tasks especially, and be kicking yourself if you don't go. It still holds true to the book, and just wait 'til you see Ron being taught how to waltz!! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 19-Nov-2005, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

I LOVED IT!!!!! OMIGOSH!!!

At first I was a little worried because the beginning of the movie was very far from the book, at least they left a lot out.

It was soon redeamed though! I think that it's my favorite out of all of them. But then again they are all so good.

I don't know about anyone else but man did I cry my eyes out! People in the theatre were really weired out by me. I cried so hard I was about a hair away from wailing!

Omigosh I loved it!!! I am soooo going to see it again and I recomend everyone to see it!!!

AAAAA!!!! FAVORITE NEW MOVIE!!!!!

Can't wait until the next one!
Lion with and the wardrobe come out next

AAAAA!!! Good year for movies!

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Avonlea22 
Posted: 20-Nov-2005, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Elizabethtown, PA

male

My wife and I are going to see it tonight at an IMAX theatre. smile.gif

--------------------
le gach dea-mhéin
~Brian
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 20-Nov-2005, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Yes I missed some of the side events too. I also was curious about Bill and Charlie, since they are starting to play bigger roles in the upcoming books.

But I also have to admit that it was otherwise a wonderful done movie.

I was also crying in the end when Cederic was killed and when Harry's parents came out of Voldemorts wand.

It's worth seeing. We don't know if we will go again. But for sure we will buy it when it comes out.

MDF3530 
  Posted: 20-Nov-2005, 07:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I went to a matinee showing of "Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire". I wanted to go while all the kiddies were in school. I enjoyed it. I especially enjoyed Fred & George as the comic relief.

Believe it or not, I've never read any of the books. I do know that Sirius meets his Maker in "Order of the Phoenix" and Snape kills Dumbledore in "Half-Blood Prince". I heard some guy with a webcam went on the internet and held up a sign that said "Snape kills Dumbledore on page something-or-other". I have noticed by watching the movies that they've gotten progressively darker.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Eiric 
Posted: 21-Nov-2005, 03:35 AM
Quote Post

Son of the Seven Seas and Keeper of the Holy Key
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Sweden, but me heart's in Scotland - An t-Suain, ach tha mo chridhe às ann Alba

male

Hallo mo charaidean!
I went to the Hary Potter And the Goblet of Fire on Saturday, and Oh my God, was it good! I hated HPAPA (3) because it was so bad and so many things were wrong and etcetera, but number 4 was brilliant! Of course, I missed the houseelves, (Winky and Dobby) and I thaught it was crap that it wasn't more from the World Quidditch Championships, and what happened to Rita Skeeter??? Anyway, it was wellfilmed, beautiful, good and long enough! (To be honest, they had stuff to do a 50 hour long film, but it was okay!)

Anyone else but me that HATE, HATE, HATE Rons hair?

But my tip to you is - GO AND SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED IT!!!

--------------------
Anam Ceilteach

About Indigenous Peoples
If you ever needed a Gàidhlig dictionary

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever

Tha gach uile dhuine air a bhreth saor agus co-ionnan ann an urram 's ann an còirichean. Tha iad air am breth le reusan is le cogais agus mar sin bu chòir dhaibh a bhith beò nam measg fhein ann an spiorad bràthaireil

If you think you can hold me down
I beg to differ
If you think you can twist my words
I'll sing forever
PMEmail Poster               
CelticCoalition 
Posted: 21-Nov-2005, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

I have to be honest, I was disapointed. I thought the director choice was poor before I saw the movie, and I think I was right to worry.

The editing was horrible, especially in the beginning of the movie. It felt like they shot 3.5 hour movie, cut a holf hour, and then butchered another half hour out. I felt it should have been at least a half hour longer.

My other complaint is they focused too much on the action and not enough on the characters. If I wanted to see a mindless action flick I'd go see Stalone or the Governator.

But, I admit, I enjoyed the experience anyway. I felt they should have left the hedge maze closer to the book than they did...that would have been awesome...but I'll see it again now that I know what to expect.

And mad-eye was great.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
May those who love us love us
And those who don't love us
May God turn their hearts,
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May He turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping.
PMEmail Poster               
Perkeo 
Posted: 22-Nov-2005, 01:34 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
3,480,577 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

I thought it was very entertaining with good special effects.

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 22-Nov-2005, 01:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Basically I agree with CelticCoalition. It had some real compression problems, and if you didn't read the book, you're just along for the ride with a whacked together plot line and dizzying visuals. That said, and having read the books minutely, I got a huge kick out of it. Unlike CC, I loved what they did with the maze. I felt like I was in it with them, and it got to my breathing a bit. Brendan Gleeson was masterful as Moody. Down side -- I hated that dragon from the first animatronics of it I saw, and I hate it now. I think it looks like a coked-up iguana. Up side -- everything is more intense and less sugary, and some real bad tempers are coming out under the stress, which God knows they should have by now.

Fiennes is Fiennes no matter what you stick all over him, though, isn't he? smile.gif I love Fiennes, I adore him, and somebody had to do it. Not bad, not bad at all, except why didn't they make his eyes even a little tiny bit red?
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 22-Nov-2005, 04:52 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I haven't seen it yet... sad.gif hopefully my wife, daughter and I will get to see it Saturday...

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rapunzel5150 
  Posted: 22-Nov-2005, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

female

Hi all,

I absolutely LOOOVED this movie. But the others are right their are some things seriously missing, I think just to hit some of the high points of the first five chapters, they would have had to add an hour at the very least half an hour. Anyone who likes the movie though, read the book, their are many things that are missing. I'm not too sure how the other movies are going to be now though, because many things that are introduced in this book tie into the rest of the story. The movie is already long though, so I assume that's why this one wasn't all there. The house elves, S.P.E.W., the veela, etc.... were all missing. I guess they didn't think they were important, but in the other books they become much more important, so I'm wondering how they are going to be able to reintroduce them into the story... Well... I'm glad I at least read the book and am not missing out on some frustrating and quite funny scenes, myself.

Amy
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 22-Nov-2005, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Just got in tonight from the latest Harry Potter movie and it was good. The special effects were amazing. The computer generated character's were so realistic. There is so much in this movie that it keeps your mind as well as your body jumping. I can't believe how many times I was startled during the movie....kept me right on the edge and tense sometimes.
This had so much in it I'll just have to go again just to see what I missed the first time.
Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 24-Nov-2005, 11:21 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

I think it's great that the general opinion of this movie is great. It's funny how much a movie can be missing stuff from the books yet be considered such a good movie. You know it's good. haha!
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 26-Nov-2005, 10:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Yes I agree with all of you. The movie was great but as so many of you have said, there are some things missing and they will have a problem or two in the next movie.

Did anyone hear anything about if Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert will play anymore roles in the upcoming movies?

I heard one rumor that Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) will not perform anymore in the next movie - Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I wonder if that will be true.

Let me know if anyone has any links or news about this.

I will be listening to Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on my way down to Disney World tomorrow. While husband is driving I will be listening to my Book on CD. I get carsick when I read rolleyes.gif wink.gif
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]