Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 06-Feb-2008, 11:29 AM)
06/02/08

John C.

A fellow poster inferred that I was not interested in American Politics. I stated that I did not much care who became your president not that I wasn't interested. In fact I find your Politics quiet fascinating and complexing.  This business of being a registered Dem., Rep., or Ind., boggles me. It is no ones business what an individuals political affiliation is. During our registering to vote or at anytime during the election process no inummerator or polling station attendant would dare to ask that question.

Camac.

Hi, it’s funny that you should say that, because I believe that most informed people outside of the US, are probably more interested in our elections, then most of the people who live her, (judging from the usual turnout).
It’s also funny because the second question after what my name at my poling station was…What party was I registered with, and in fact I was give a numbered, colored coordinated, voting ticket to indicate which party I was registered with.
The truth is I am an Independent Thinker, (who happens to be registered as a Democrat). You know the old saying: Ask me no questions and I’ll tell you now lie’s! Well that doesn’t hold water with me.
So if you’re wondering, I voted for Obama, simply because he is a dreamer, (and all would be lost) if we gave up on our dreams. (It’s as simple as that).
I have to go now, (and I’m not talking about going to the bathroom).
Later, JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 06-Feb-2008, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

06/02/08

JC.
I do not find your choice of candidate the least suprising and if I were an American I would probably have voted as you. Being an outsider though and if I may I think that his inexpeirience will eventually wear on him if he is elected. A Clinton/Obama ticket might be the best choice as it wiil give him the experience and in 2016 a damned good shot at the Presidency.

Camac.

gwenlee 
Posted: 06-Feb-2008, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

I talked with my sister in Washington and she said they can't vote as a registered independent. She has to choose a party or based on past elections they will place her in a party. She is frustrated because she feels like she is being boxed in.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Camac
Posted: 07-Feb-2008, 08:08 AM
Quote Post

Zodiac

07/02/08

JC.

As I said your election process is most perplexing. The amount of money that one has to solicit is in my opinion obscene. Unless one has the ability to tap into 10s if not 100s of millions of dollars one doesn't have a chance. Surely these massive donations by corporations or individuals are the basis for the expectation or fulfilment of post- election favours. Does this not smack of mass corruption? Is the Presidency, (like the Roman Empire) auction off to the highest bidder?

Camac.

John Clements 
Posted: 07-Feb-2008, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 07-Feb-2008, 09:08 AM)
07/02/08

JC.

As I said your election process is most perplexing. The amount of money that one has to solicit is in my opinion obscene. Unless one has the ability to tap into 10s if not 100s of millions of dollars one doesn't have a chance. Surely these massive donations by corporations or individuals are the basis for the expectation or  fulfilment of post- election favours. Does this not smack of mass corruption? Is the Presidency, (like the Roman Empire) auction off to the highest bidder?

Camac.

In my opinion you’re correct, because the only thing that’s absolutely clear. Is that corruption is absolute!
Recently the Record, which is one of the largest newspapers here in Northern New Jersey, published another one of my letter to the Editor, which was about the purposed Tax Rebate, (a tax rebate which implies that we’re all corrupt).
Dear Editor;
If you ask me, this proposed federal tax rebate is nothing more then bribe, which is what all criminals do when they get cornered.
John Clements
You know it all makes me wonder, if any form of government wouldn’t work, if it weren’t for corruption.
Later, JC
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 07-Feb-2008, 11:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ 06-Feb-2008, 12:17 PM)
I really don't understand why the parties themselves don't pick a leader. This Primary Elections business seems like an extreme waste of time and money. And by the sounds of it, incredibly corrupt as well.

Hi oldraven, once again you are correct, especially now that we have, “super delegates”. Whose job is to simply overturn the majority votes in a primary election! Exactly the way that the “electoral collage” is designed to over turn the majority vote in a general election!
If you ask me we can’t even call this a democratic republic anymore, much less a democracy!
Later, JC
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 07-Feb-2008, 02:31 PM
Quote Post

Zodiac

07/02/08

JC.

Denying citizens their rights is the first step to tyranny. Wasn't that one of the biggest complaints leading to your revolution?

Camac.

John Clements 
Posted: 07-Feb-2008, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 07-Feb-2008, 03:31 PM)
07/02/08

JC.

Denying citizens their rights is the first step to tyranny. Wasn't that one of the biggest complaints leading to your revolution?

Camac.

You got that right, along with constantly being lied too!
I can’t think about this anymore today, catch you later, JC
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 08-Feb-2008, 09:23 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

McCain Huckabee… Obama Hillary… Where’s the change… I don’t see it?

Check this out, cause you won’t see it on TV.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/videos/2008/jan/16/74/

I hope it works.
PMEmail Poster               
Fiddle315 
Posted: 14-Feb-2008, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

You posters are the perfect example fo why the American Voter is considered IGNORANT.

You chose to NOT belong to any party, then when a primary comes along you think you can tell any party who they should run for office. How more foolish could you be?

If you want to be involved in the political process more than just being a voter, then you have to be PART of the political process, not just a by-stander afraid to identify yourself with a party or its platform. As an independent or not enrolled, you yourselves have chosen to NOT be part of any system.

Bottom line, as a Republican or a Democrat I do not want any of your opinions. I do not want you walking into my voting booth and telling MY Party who you want to see run for office. I want you to stay out of my party's business and I want you to wait until the General Election and I want you to vote for the best candidate. But I absolutely do not want a bunch of spineless no-nothings attempting to pervert my party in the primary election.

Get a life and realize your role. Again, YOU chose to not participate in any party efforts and so YOU have NO right to alter my party’s efforts.

PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 15-Feb-2008, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

Welcome to the board? rolleyes.gif Talk about jumping in with both feet on fire.

The main problem with a primary is that you put 100% of the emphasis on the two popular parties alone. The Rep. and Dem. convince their nation that there really are only two choices. Help us decide who should run, because those 'Independents' aren't going to get anywhere anyway. It's mass hypnotism to convince everyone that there are only two choices.

Pick a leader, and put him/her up against ALL the competition, the entire way through the election. No more air time for one candidate than any other. Otherwise, how can you pretend to dictate to other nations, like Pakistan, what is and what isn't free and fair election?

In Pakistan, the competition had been banned from rallying in the streets, and when they still try suppress their message, either by house arrest or eventually by having them killed. Since North Americans get 99% of their election platforms by watching TV, you need only block them from the media to suppress their message.

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 15-Feb-2008, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Up until now, meaning this coming election, I used to worry that voting independent was an impractical and idealistic way to go, since it never looked like an independent would actually gain enough support to be elected to serve; and while I agreed theoretically with making room for the wider-than-two-party range of ideas to be expressed, from a practical standpoint an independent seemed more likely to just be a spoiler. Now, I'm not nearly as sure. A two-party system is what we're used to, but it certainly isn't the only way to go, and it has caused the extreme polarization that is turning us all so vehemently against each other on ideological grounds. If we had to club together into non-given coalitions and work hard at the necessary compromises, I believe this deadly political enmity that is gnawing away at the people from underneath would start to break up.

I had an "enemy" on these boards once, a man whose political views and ideological convictions were very different from mine. We fought a lot; then I kept vigil with him in the only way I could, over the internet, while he went through a shattering personal crisis with extraordinary courage. I saw what he was made of; and while I don't think either his or my ideological convictions have changed much, if at all, and while the man is still coming on the boards to voice his opinions, my "enemy" has disappeared forever. Whatever it takes to break up the extreme and damaging polarizing patterns of how we do political business in this country, it has to be worth it, including the eventual passing of a black-and-white, us-and-them concept of choosing leaders, and the growth of a system that recognizes and permits negotiation among a thousand shades of grey.
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 15-Feb-2008, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Fiddle315 @ 14-Feb-2008, 05:41 PM)
You posters are the perfect example fo why the American Voter is considered IGNORANT.

You chose to NOT belong to any party, then when a primary comes along you think you can tell any party who they should run for office. How more foolish could you be?

If you want to be involved in the political process more than just being a voter, then you have to be PART of the political process, not just a by-stander afraid to identify yourself with a party or its platform. As an independent or not enrolled, you yourselves have chosen to NOT be part of any system.

Bottom line, as a Republican or a Democrat I do not want any of your opinions. I do not want you walking into my voting booth and telling MY Party who you want to see run for office. I want you to stay out of my party's business and I want you to wait until the General Election and I want you to vote for the best candidate. But I absolutely do not want a bunch of spineless no-nothings attempting to pervert my party in the primary election.

Get a life and realize your role. Again, YOU chose to not participate in any party efforts and so YOU have NO right to alter my party’s efforts.

If I were a councilor, I would suggest that both oldraven and stormeil peruse careers in the diplomatic corps, (and believe me, I mean that as a compliment).
But as for me, I just want to say thanks for straitening everything for us, (ignorant spineless political posters) who you now have joined!
And while I’m at it, thank you for giving me the impetus for writing the following: “True ignorance is not being informed enough to know that you are”!
That being said, welcome to the party.
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 15-Feb-2008, 09:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (John Clements @ 15-Feb-2008, 03:21 PM)

And while I’m at it, thank you for giving me the impetus for writing the following: “True ignorance is not being informed enough to know that you are”!
That being said, welcome to the party.

Where the potato chips are not soggy, and they NEVER water the beer. beer_mug.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Druid_of_Ark 
Posted: 23-Feb-2008, 03:38 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan Cathcart-USA
Group Icon

Group: Order of the Knights
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Perryville, Arkansas

male

There is a true saying, "If two people think exactly alike one of them is not thinking." Well those who blindly support a party are the best proof of that. For that reason I like to see who the party offers then I select based on the values of the man.

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Sir. Raibeart Paris, OGU
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]