maggiemahone1 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 07:20 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

It's harder to lose weight as you get older. It is for me anyway! I guess I'm doing ok, I can still wear a size 8.
Tartangal, if you set your mind to it you can lose weight. Just say, I can do it, I can do it! If you mess up one day, just start over the next. Don't get discouraged and quit.

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

I plan to go on my diet again tomorrow but, of course will blow it during Christmas. I've been on the Atkis diet mostly since July. Have lost 15 pounds and two pants sizes ( I exercise 4 to 6 hours per week). I will go back on the Atkins diet full force after the first of the year. I am.............over 50........so it is quite difficult but it works. cheers.gif Good luck to all who try!!!! chef.gif donatello.gif flex.gif hug.gif

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Danann 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 09:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

I was just told that I am insulin resistent, which is the first phase - supposedly - of diabeties, and I've been told that I need to do atkins, sugar busters or die... so looks like I'll be making a choice come the new year. The doctors told me I needed to lose about 60 pounds all told, but also told me not to try and rush it, but sometimes there's no choice. Its not that I am way overweight or look bad, its more that my body stops processing the insulin when I am not near the ideal weight... darn body and metabolism.

--------------------
So, I have an new site that is pretty neat, Check out Dannah's Home Page

Also, for original storys or thoughts from me, check out my blog: Dannah's Blog
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 09:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Tonight, I had a dinner that was absolutely delicious. It was my mom's birthday dinner, so me, my parents, sister and brother-in-law went to one of the high-priced restaurants in Chicago, Lawry's (and yes, it's owned by the company that makes the food seasonings) for a prime rib dinner. I had the California cut, medium, with mashed potatoes, gravy, Yorkshire pudding, and a very nice salad. If there's a Lawry's in your area, I recommend it highly. You'll drop a few pesos for certain, but you can get a nicely cooked side of cow there.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 15-Dec-2003, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Was that nice side of beef, Black Angus? biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
MDF3530 
  Posted: 15-Dec-2003, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ Dec 15 2003, 05:43 PM)
Was that nice side of beef, Black Angus? biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1

Probably. It was a magnificent piece of prime rib. I highly recommend it for, due to the amount of dimes you'll drop there, a very occasional splurge. It's one of those places that people who can write it off on an expense account go to.
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 12:08 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

I've been on Dr. Atkins for the past two months and have lost 20 lbs. But when Thanksgiving came, I fell off the wagon for a couple of days---now I'm back on course and doubting if I'll get off for Christmas dinner. The main reason for staying on track is I want to reach my goal.
Dr. Atkins really does work, because after you get through your first week (which is really hard) you stop craving things like chocolate and potatoe chips because you fill up on foods like steak and veggies.

If it can work for a person like me who loves her pasta and chips (French fries) then it can work for anyone. wink.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ Dec 15 2003, 10:32 PM)
Probably. It was a magnificent piece of prime rib. I highly recommend it for, due to the amount of dimes you'll drop there, a very occasional splurge. It's one of those places that people who can write it off on an expense account go to.

Ahhhhhhh, prime rib..............mmmmmmmmm........where is this place that serves a slab of beef like that? tongue.gif
maisky 
  Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

It is not too far from ME, if someone came to visit........ biggrin.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
single speed 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 11:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: San Antonio, Tx

male

If I lay of the soft drinks, eat moderately, and ride 100 miles a week, I loose, and can maintain my weight. I took off 30 lbs three years ago, dropping to 170. Because of school, which eats into riding time, I have gained about 20 in the last year. My goal is to getit off by May.
t.

--------------------
If you were accused of being a Christian, would your enemies have enough evidence to convict you?
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him keep pace with the music he hears, however measured or far away.
-Henry David Thoreau

Pray as if everything depended on God, and work as if everything depended upon man.
- Cardinal Francis J. Spellman
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 11:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (maisky @ Dec 16 2003, 10:53 AM)
It is not too far from ME, if someone came to visit........ biggrin.gif

Ya'll hear that? We're invited to Maisky's for Prime Rib! wine.gif tomcat.gif Are you furnishing the beverages pepsi.gif eat.gif cheers.gif as well?
maisky 
  Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

Sure, why not! We only live forever.
PMEmail Poster               
Eamon 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 03:23 PM
Quote Post

Captain of the Prydwen
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

male

Wow, JaneyMae! What a rocking jet! Yummy prime rib, which is why I am not going to entertain any diet thoughts until Jan 2nd. There is a local Irish pub that has a New Years day special, roast pork or prime rib! I have only missed it once in the past 8 years!

"If I lay of the soft drinks, eat moderately, and ride 100 miles a week..." I wish I had your metabolism, Single Speed! I hit my bike pretty hard through the summer, and lost 3 whole pounds. I guess next time I should cut down on Guinness as well.

Look out this new year, however. I brought myself a new bike for Christmas! But until Jan 2nd, all bets are off; Bring on the prime rib and Guinness!

Eamon

--------------------
"I care not whether I die tomorrow or next year, if only my deeds live after me." -Cuchullain

"Bíodh roinnt de sin agat!"
PMEmail Poster               
JaneyMae 
  Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 03:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Eamon506 @ Dec 16 2003, 03:23 PM)
Wow, JaneyMae! What a rocking jet! Yummy prime rib, which is why I am not going to entertain any diet thoughts until Jan 2nd. There is a local Irish pub that has a New Years day special, roast pork or prime rib! I have only missed it once in the past 8 years!

"If I lay of the soft drinks, eat moderately, and ride 100 miles a week..." I wish I had your metabolism, Single Speed! I hit my bike pretty hard through the summer, and lost 3 whole pounds. I guess next time I should cut down on Guinness as well.

Look out this new year, however. I brought myself a new bike for Christmas! But until Jan 2nd, all bets are off; Bring on the prime rib and Guinness!

Eamon

Eamon506

I want to go to dinner with you on the 2nd!! I love Guinness! so that would be grand as well! I don't have a bike like you and singlespeed. I did once but.....me thinks I'm too clumsey for that now.

Enjoy that fine dinner. I still think we should all go to Maisky's for the party he's throwing.
MDF3530 
Posted: 16-Dec-2003, 03:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Eamon506 @ Dec 16 2003, 03:23 PM)

Maybe you should ride your bike instead of hitting it biggrin.gif .
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]