> The Gathering Place, A place to blether
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 28-Jul-2005, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

Goooooood MORNING, CelticRadioooooooooooooo!
(I'm pretending to sound like Robin Williams hollering 'goooooood morning Vietnaaaaaam' in that movie he did of the same name)

Here's something to make all you Georgia residents chuckle:
YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN GEORGIA IN JULY WHEN. . . .

The birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
The trees are whistling for the dogs.
The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
Hot water now comes out of both taps.
You can make sun tea instantly.
You learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good branding iron.
The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.
You discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.
You discover that you can get sunburned through your car window.
You actually burn your hand opening the car door.
You break into a sweat the instant you step outside at 7:30 a.m.
Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out
and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
The potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one
out and add butter, salt and pepper.
Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from
laying boiled eggs.
The cows are giving evaporated milk.

Ah, what a place to call home. . . God Bless Our State of Georgia

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Emmet 
Posted: 28-Jul-2005, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: Clearwater, FL

male

Wow; sounds just like Florida in July!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 28-Jul-2005, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

It also sounds like Chicago a week ago biggrin.gif ...

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 28-Jul-2005, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

SB - too funny!!! lol.gif lol.gif

Emmet - LOVE the "Growing Old Disgracefully" bumpersticker!! laugh.gif It sounds like you really had a riot down there; I'm glad. Looking forward to your pictures!

Rindy - that cold front finally came through here last night, and what a difference! The heat has been incredible this past week, but today has been very comfortable, UNhumid, wonderful! I hope you've been out enjoying it, too.

Gwenlee - I'm very sorry to hear about your dog, too. I agree with you about seeing our pets again - I'm sure of it. I know it would've been an awful shock for you all though. Your daughter was wonderful to think of explaining it that way.

"my teens love to to with me to Six Flags. I think they enjoy getting me on some of the rides." biggrin.gif Our girls also try to talk me into going on fast/scary/spinning rides with them -- but no way!! I'll stay on the ground, put on my best encouraging smile (while trying not to panic) and watch them have a blast scaring me!

Sonee - Hi! It's good to see you here again! Best of luck with your schoolwork, it's terrific that you're doing this!

BGL - I hope your days are also cooler now. It's hard trying to get so much done in just a few short hours. Hope all went well for you all. It's awful when you can't get in here to see how everyone's doing, and what's going on, isn't it? I really miss all of you when it's too hot to turn the computer on. I'm glad you're back again now, too!

CR - The Society sounds really interesting, and I know you're going to enjoy being a part of it. I'm so glad for you! Does your hubby share your interest? Getting into all the Highland Games is a very nice added bonus! There is a re-enactment society here, as well, called Glover's Regiment. Early Colonial life/American troops during the Revolutionary War. (Glover's Regiment was the unit that rowed Washington across the Potomac during that terrible winter.) They just recently had a weekend re-enactment here that was fun to see - the local paper did a write-up about it along with a few pictures. I thought about you and Shadows both when we went to see it all. You'll have so much fun, and learn so much as well! Congrats again!

JP - It's good to see you here as well. Hope all is going well with you and your family. I know it's been unbearably hot there, and hope to goodness you're inside keeping cool, not outside working in that heat. (We have family in Ohio, and they've been letting us know what weather is heading our way rolleyes.gif -we get it about three days after you all do). Take care of yourselves!

Mike - I'm so glad you're so close to family, and get a chance to see everyone as often as you do. You're very lucky, and so are they! It's amazing how quickly children grow, and how much they change in just a short time, isn't it? They keep us young, just by sharing their interests and experiences with us. Enjoy them all!

Everyone, it's good to be back on again, and see what you've all been "up to". Hubby and I took a drive up north today, to the mountains, just for the day. Did a little shopping, had a wonderful lunch at our favorite place up there, and just enjoyed being up there again together. Dawdled as long as we could before heading back home to sea level. Both places are wonderful, and we're very happy here - I don't mean to imply otherwise. Heading north into the mountains is just our way of de-stressing and recharging our batteries - it's a whole different world up there!
It's getting late, though, and time for me to say goodnight. Take care, everyone!

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 29-Jul-2005, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Beautiful weather here now! The heat wave broke the other day and now we have great weather for just about anything.
My son got home yesterday after visiting his girlfriend in Maine. Next year he is supposed to join her family on a trip to Ireland! Hope they are still together by then... biggrin.gif

Hope everyone is doing well. I've been working alot. Need the $$, badly!
Well, back to the salt mines!

PS, the Dublin (Ohio) Irish Festival is coming up real soon. Don't know if I'll make it this year. Flogging Molly will be there. I know some here are real fans of the band.

cheers
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Jul-2005, 09:03 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone! I am back from my trip today. Trying to catch up now.
It was good to get away.

Dreamer- I am enjoying the cooler weather. Thanks..

I am glad to hear most of you are cooling off some. Well got to unpack so talk to you tomorrow..

Slainte smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Jul-2005, 03:13 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been away, but been spending copious amount of time on the net researching garb for my re-anactment persona. Been doing lots of genealogy research and then have to do a presentation of skin care for 9-10 year olds. Ok, before you laugh, it is important that pre-teens take care of their skin now, ok? wink.gif Anyway, got it all done and I am ready to go.

Dreamer, how wonderful to hear from you. How are you doing?

Sonee! I thought you left the planet! laugh.gif How wonderful to hear from you too!

My bestest friend in the whole wide world.........SB! I look so forward to seeing you soon again Yes, it has been 7 years.........much too long! Can you believe time has flown like this? We have many things to show you in AZ though. Just you wait and see. I can hardly wait to see you!

For those who do not know. Me and SB were involved in the same art alliance group in GA when I lived there. She was my colored pencil instructor and very best friend. We did many art shows together and she was alway very supportive and encouraging to me...............despite the fact the SHE got all the awards. laugh.gifI invited her to this wonderful site cause I felt she should be here.

Weather wise here, we are having 106 temps and although we are having thunderstorms, we are having NO rain! sad.gif

We are expecting rain this weekend though. If so happens, I owe you all a pint! beer_mug.gif

Take care and have a good weekend!
gwenlee 
Posted: 30-Jul-2005, 07:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone, I have been gone a few days I had to work three straight 12 hr shifts. So needless to say nothing got done. My house is a mess, bills need to be paid and I didn't get to dance on Thursday. It has finally cooled down here thank goodness.

I have a short weekend. One of my co-workers fell at work and broke her arm and tore her rotocuff. So she will be out for awhile. So that means we have to pick up extra shifts. I'm not going to wear myself out.

Rindy: Cheyennes bagpiping is coming along. She is on the Chanter for now and no longer sounds like a cow. Her instructor says she will be on the chanter for at least 6 months to a year. I give her lots of encouragement because it is not easy.

CR hopefully I get to meet SB this year at the Stone Mountain Games In fact I hope to meet several people from this celtic radio family. Lucky me.

Sonee I am so happy to hear that you are going back to school. I went back after my second child and then again after the forth. I never regretted it. Just remember to make some special time for the family. Studying is important but so is family time.

SB my family loved the July in GA.

Well I have to go now TTFN
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Jul-2005, 01:21 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey gwenlee! SB is coming out to Arizona to visit me in October but I am also encouraging her to go meet you at the Stone Mountain games the week before! I so hope you both get to meet! That would be so cool! wish we could get Snuffy to join in as well.

Gosh, that is so terrible about your co-worker. sounds like you too are working too hard. Keep in touch and write when you can!
MDF3530 
  Posted: 30-Jul-2005, 01:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 30-Jul-2005, 04:13 AM)
Hello everyone! Sorry I have been away, but been spending copious amount of time on the net researching garb for my re-anactment persona.Been doing lots of genealogy research and then have to do a presentation of skin care for 9-10 year olds. Ok, before you laugh, it is important that pre-teens take care of their skin now, ok? wink.gif Anyway, got it all done and I am ready to go.

Trust me, I know about that rolleyes.gif ...

In my teenage years, my face had roughly the same complexion as a pepperoni pizza.
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Jul-2005, 08:08 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone...

It was a nice day today I got caught up on the forums...YES! Now noone post and it will stay that way.. Just kidding!!! You guys make my world..

Gwenlee- glad Cheyenne is doing well.. I think the pipes would be really hard to play-

Mike eeewwwww "you knew that was coming" typical teenage girl-- ha I wish..but we won't get into that..

HI CR!!! "waving"

Have a great night everyone and Welcome to all the new people that is so great to see.

Slainte smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Sonee 
Posted: 01-Aug-2005, 11:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

No Ròs!! I haven't left the planet!! Although sometimes it feels that way and other times I only WISH I could!!!

Thanks for all the encouragement for going back to school! I can use all I can get! I only hope that I haven't taken on too much what with the house, the kids, and school on top of it all. We will soon see!

No, Rindy, I haven't been able to afford the Clann An Drumma CD! sad.gif
I didn't realize just how expensive college textbooks were! It's going to run me about $400 just for the books alone. Plus my hubby decided to by a new car (without running it by me of course!) so that, along with daycare for my son is going to eat a large chunk out of our already meager income. It looks like that CD is going to have to wait a bit. sad.gif

We actually got some of that reduction of heat here as well! I made sitting at the Rodeo here that much more enjoyable!! Most nights there was a nice breeze that kept everyone from getting heat stroke and also allowed the animals to preform better! This was, by far, the best Rodeo I have seen there in the last few years.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and also has a great week!

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
gettin-away 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Flushing Michigan USA

male

My daughter flies out tomorrow afternoon for Alaska. In our local paper this past Sunday was this article about her.
Alaskan adventure awaits special ed teacher

gettin-away

--------------------
Paradox...Dirty socks...Glacier Rocks...Goldilocks

user posted image
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey y'all!

July is finally gone now (glad everyone enjoyed the July Heat funny I posted!)
and August is here. School starts in Cobb Co. on Aug. 9 and that just seems odd to me... school used to begin on September first, with a Monday off for Labor day, so the kids had almost 3 full months for summer holiday. Oh well. And honestly, right now my daughter is getting on my nerves so bad I'll be glad to see her go get on somebody elses nerves for a change. taz.gif taz.gif

It's cooled off a little bit here, and we're still having some afternoon showers. A couple of weeks ago we had so much rain, the '500 year floodplain' was breached and there was flooding where water had never been before. It was really shocking, and so unfortunate that over 400 people were displaced because of the rising waters. Several community organizations went right to work helping people find somewhere else to stay, and helping them salvage what they could from their flooded homes and trailers. My church has been a disbribution point for clothes & household supplies, and we had several members who we rallied around & got them homes to live in for the time being. I've been proud of the local church organizations that got right to work helping the people affected by the flood. Its the church at its best, you know? Extending a helping hand when needed...

SB
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 08:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Hey y'all!

July is finally gone now (glad everyone enjoyed the July Heat funny I posted!)
and August is here. School starts in Cobb Co. on Aug. 9 and that just seems odd to me... school used to begin on September first, with a Monday off for Labor day, so the kids had almost 3 full months for summer holiday. Oh well. And honestly, right now my daughter is getting on my nerves so bad I'll be glad to see her go get on somebody elses nerves for a change. taz.gif taz.gif

It's cooled off a little bit here, and we're still having some afternoon showers. A couple of weeks ago we had so much rain, the '500 year floodplain' was breached and there was flooding where water had never been before. It was really shocking, and so unfortunate that over 400 people were displaced because of the rising waters. Several community organizations went right to work helping people find somewhere else to stay, and helping them salvage what they could from their flooded homes and trailers. My church has been a disbribution point for clothes & household supplies, and we had several members who we rallied around & got them homes to live in for the time being. I've been proud of the local church organizations that got right to work helping the people affected by the flood. Its the church at its best, you know? Extending a helping hand when needed.

Sonee, my son & daughter-in-law are both college students and it makes them cringe too for the books to be so expensive! If you get used ones they still cost a good bit, and at the end of the semester if you try to sell them back to the college bookstore you don't get much money for them. A bit of a rip, isn't it?!? Good luck with your studies, its great that you're going back.

Gettin-away, how exciting for your daughter to be heading 'north to Alaska' (who remembers that old song?? Johnny Horton, wasn't it?) Everyone I know who has visited there says its genuinely awesome. Hope she has a good trip.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Arizona in October!! Never been further west than the Mississippi before, and that was a loooong time ago. And I can't wait to see my best buddy Rosemary and her sweetheart Fred again!!! We're gonna have so much fun! You ought to hear Fred sing like Elvis, he's a hoot. thumbs_up.gif

Siobhan
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]