Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Current Events, Discuss current events around the world!
Patch 
Posted: 24-Jun-2008, 08:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (oldraven @ 24-Jun-2008, 12:20 AM)
Yeah, the guy pioneered intelligent comedy, in my opinion. It's sad to see him go so young.

Yes, at 29 I still see 71 as too young to go.

What do you suppose it looks like from my perspective? (66)

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 24-Jun-2008, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

I’m sorry to say that I missed Carlin just two weeks ago. When he was appearing at a theater in my town, by the time I got around to getting some tickets, all the reasonably priced tickets were gone, and so I decided to catch him the next time around,(so much for waiting). So now that makes two greats ones that I missed seeing live: Joplin, and Carlin, although I am glad to say that I did get to see Hendrix at the Pillmore East, on New Years Eve.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 24-Jun-2008, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I have two of Carlin's Routines on VHS. I plan to buy them on DVD as they hit the market.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2008, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I see the Supreme Court ruled in favor of the Second Amendment , of sorts. I suspect every sizeable city in the us will have litigation soon. It only took hours for a suit to be filed in Chicago. The Attorneys will eat well for a couple of years.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 27-Jun-2008, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New England, USA

male

and again the court was split 5-4. This was the first test of the amendment since 1796 or some year as such. Most laws will remain on the books, just not blanket bannings of handguns. Restrictions still remain as they should.

--------------------
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. Plato(427-347 BC) Philosopher and Educator

Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind. Henry James (1843-1916) Writer

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire
kind people. -Abraham Joshua Heschel (1907-1972) Theology Professor
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2008, 10:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I have one major problem with one of the restrictions. That would be with bush and the new background check law in January! With the stroke of a pen he removed the right to bear arms from tens of thousands of Honorably discharged Military veterans. This when he avoided military service as a sniveling little coward himself! Cheney was no better, a draft dodger, and he shot a hunting partner. Here, one would loose the right to hunt permanently, at least, for an act of that nature!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 27-Jun-2008, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (UlsterScotNutt @ 27-Jun-2008, 04:49 AM)
and again the court was split 5-4. This was the first test of the amendment since 1796 or some year as such. Most laws will remain on the books, just not blanket bannings of handguns. Restrictions still remain as they should.

Sometime in the 40's, I think, they determined the second amendment didn't cover sawed off shot guns and machine guns. Speaking of machine guns, did you see where Blackwater was caught as the "straw buyer of 140 plus illegal machine guns for a non permitted agency? It happened somewhere in the south.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 27-Jun-2008, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 27-Jun-2008, 11:03 AM)
I have one major problem with one of the restrictions. That would be with bush and the new background check law in January! With the stroke of a pen he removed the right to bear arms from tens of thousands of Honorably discharged Military veterans. This when he avoided military service as a sniveling little coward himself! Cheney was no better, a draft dodger, and he shot a hunting partner. Here, one would loose the right to hunt permanently, at least, for an act of that nature!

Slàinte,    

Patch    

I am not familiar with that restriction , on former military being banned from gun ownership.
GWB did serve in the military.
Cheney was definitely on shaky ground when he draft dodged.
The shear act of negligence in that accident should take away your hunting license. The act of not reporting it til much later should have put him in jail, at least overnight and a permanent loss of any gun carrying priveliges.
USN
UlsterScotNutt 
Posted: 27-Jun-2008, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 27-Jun-2008, 11:08 AM)
Sometime in the 40's, I think, they determined the second amendment didn't cover sawed off shot guns and machine guns. Speaking of machine guns, did you see where Blackwater was caught as the "straw buyer of 140 plus illegal machine guns for a non permitted agency? It happened somewhere in the south.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

This is the first time the court addressed and stated that individuals have the right to possess guns, outside of any state militia. All other court cases with regards to the 2nd have adressed types of weapons.

WAR is a Racket.

USN
Patch 
Posted: 28-Jun-2008, 04:38 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (UlsterScotNutt @ 27-Jun-2008, 05:14 AM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 27-Jun-2008, 11:03 AM)
I have one major problem with one of the restrictions.  That would be with bush and the new background check law in January!  With the stroke of a pen he removed the right to bear arms from tens of thousands of Honorably discharged Military veterans.  This when he avoided military service as a sniveling little coward himself!  Cheney was no better, a draft dodger, and he shot a hunting partner.  Here, one would loose the right to hunt permanently, at least, for an act of that nature! 

Slàinte,    

Patch    

I am not familiar with that restriction , on former military being banned from gun ownership.
GWB did serve in the military.
Cheney was definitely on shaky ground when he draft dodged.
The shear act of negligence in that accident should take away your hunting license. The act of not reporting it til much later should have put him in jail, at least overnight and a permanent loss of any gun carrying priveliges.
USN

Yes, war is a racket, and more often than not it is fought for the wrong reasons!

Any military who were treated by a psychologist for post traumatic stress syndrome fell under the "mental illness" portion of the January "08" changes in the background check law. True mental illness is one thing but having only "talked with a mental health professional makes a service person unable to own firearms.

In reality, the bush family got junior moved from one guard unit to another when it appeared his first unit would be activated. Then they got him out of the Air Guard to help with a distant and obscure relative's election campaign in another state when the second unit looked like it could be deployed. When the time came to return to the guard he refused to report for his flight physical as ORDERED (with no repercussions) and was discharged from the Guard, again, with no reprecussions. There has been a lot speculation as to why he wouldn't do the physical. There is not a doubt in my mind re: what would have happened to me or my friends had we disobeyed orders of any kind in the Military! I do not call what bush did, "service in the military." He is just slightly better than cheney!

That is why I feel he has no right to command the nations military and send any of America's young men and women into harm's way!

Slàinte,   

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 28-Jun-2008, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I hust read in the news that in the next "few" years as gasoline reaches $7.00 a gallon (heaven forbid) there will be 10 million fewer automobiles being owned/driven. I wonder how people will get to work?

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 28-Jun-2008, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 28-Jun-2008, 09:51 AM)
I hust read in the news that in the next "few" years as gasoline reaches $7.00 a gallon (heaven forbid) there will be 10 million fewer automobiles being owned/driven. I wonder how people will get to work?

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Work! What work?

Sorry,
JC
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 28-Jun-2008, 10:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (John Clements @ 28-Jun-2008, 05:43 AM)
I hust read in the news that in the next "few" years as gasoline reaches $7.00 a gallon (heaven forbid) there will be 10 million fewer automobiles being owned/driven.  I wonder how people will get to work?

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Work! What work?

Sorry,
JC

It will not be long and there will be no work where I live. At $7.00 a gallon for gas all other expenses may go up so much that My retirement will not allow me to live here!

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 28-Jun-2008, 11:08 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (Patch @ 28-Jun-2008, 10:53 AM)
I hust read in the news that in the next "few" years as gasoline reaches $7.00 a gallon (heaven forbid) there will be 10 million fewer automobiles being owned/driven.  I wonder how people will get to work?

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Work! What work?

Sorry,
JC

It will not be long and there will be no work where I live. At $7.00 a gallon for gas all other expenses may go up so much that My retirement will not allow me to live here!

Slàinte,    

Patch    

at $7 per gallon, I will continue to work for another 20 years, or until I die. At $7 a gallon for gas, I wont be able to afford to retire. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 28-Jun-2008, 11:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (maisky @ 28-Jun-2008, 12:08 PM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 28-Jun-2008, 10:53 AM)

Slàinte,    

Patch    

Work! What work?

Sorry,
JC

Slàinte,    

Patch    

at $7 per gallon, I will continue to work for another 20 years, or until I die. At $7 a gallon for gas, I wont be able to afford to retire. rolleyes.gif

Retire! What's that?

Sorry again,
JC
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]