Posted: 27-Feb-2008, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

As an addendum, I just wanted to tell everybody how absolutely dead it has been here on the forums today. It's nearly time for me to head home and I haven't found any buddies around.

sad.gif

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
leenie 
Posted: 27-Feb-2008, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

Queen of the Devil Riders
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Illinois

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #35
39,005 Gold!

I haven't been on here in a few days..really under the weather lately and don't know what is causing it yet.. I'm glad all of you Georgia girls are well after the storms that went through your area....anyone get any damage? We have had snow the past two days here..enough to start to cover the ground and then it stops for a while and melts off and then another round comes in...can't wait until snow and ice have gone for this year...Forgot to tell you Gwenlee...I have gone to 2 Scottish country dance lessons so far...very intimidating to a person who never took any dance lessons before unsure.gif Most of the people don't seem to get angry when I sometimes go left instead of right sad.gif except one gentleman who it seems is a stickler for precision.. tongue.gif Oh well...I'm learning and loving most of it..
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 01:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I wasn't on yesterday because I went to my little side job. We only had a little dusting of snow. I am so ready for some warmer weather.

Leenie there is a stickler in every class you just have to keep going. I still at times get my rights and lefts mixed up and someone will holler no the other left or the other right. lol.gif. Just stick with it. When we get a new person I always try to show a lot of patience. Hopefully your class is doing some easy dances so you can get a feel for it. A few of my favorite dances are Clumsy lover (not good for a beginner) the music is great, Reel of the 51st., Peatfire Flame, Notinghams lace, Reel of the Royal Scots, Irish Rover, Mrs McCloud, Piper and the penguin. Just to name a few. Just remember to have fun, fun, fun. That is the most important thing also remember not to compare yourself to the more experience dancers.

I am so glad this week is almost over. No plans just going to go and see my mom and sew me a couple of work shirts.

Take care

gwenlee

MDF3530 
  Posted: 28-Feb-2008, 05:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey all!

Hope everyone is okay!

/beginspleenvent

I am in a foul mood today.

This morning, I went out to my car only some idiot thought it'd be a good idea to throw a rock through my front passenger window. Nothing was stolen (I don't keep anything valuable in my car) and they didn't even try to hotwire it. After I taped a couple of garbage bags over it to keep the critters out, I called my insurance agent. I believed I only had liability insurance, but it seemed stupid to not make sure. Sure enough, I only have liability.

I then spent a good part of the day on the phone, contacting auto glass installers and body shops. Sometimes I literally had to bite my tongue to keep my temper in check. I found two that could get me in today, so I went to the closer one in Summit. $70 for a used window, including installation and tax.

BTW, the ones that will supposedly come to you will only do so if your car is in an enclosed area. I found that out the hard way today.

/endspleenvent

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 29-Feb-2008, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

One of these days, I won't be surprised at all to see my car in the same shape. I live in an area of townhouses that were originally condos but now most of them are rental units. Fortunately, my building of four units is pretty sedate but across the street and further into the subdivision, it must be rougher. I noticed last night that there is gang graffiti on the brick entrance to the complex. That's the second time they've hit our area. So I spent a good deal of last night Googling the topic of gangs in our county.

It would be great if I could move out into a house but just can't afford it. Looks like I'll have to sign another one-year lease tomorrow as my lease runs out the end of March and I'd have to give 30 days notice if I wanted to move. I'm pretty well stuck where I am.
gwenlee 
Posted: 29-Feb-2008, 01:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Wombat I hope no one messes with your wombat mobile. We had that happen once. The body shop owner was great and didn't charge us for the romoval of the paint. He uses something that took it right off and it didn't damage the paint. I know how it is to live in a place that you don't feel safe, mabe things will change and you can get out of where you are at.

Mike it think it is horrible that people find pleasure in damaging others property. It is horrible that people have no respect for others property.

Well I guess I need to get started and clean up the house.

TTFN

Gwen
Nara 
Posted: 02-Mar-2008, 12:01 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Utah

female

Hello all, sorry I've not been on in a while. This week has been so busy. My folks have come to stay with us for a week, and we're all having a great time. They live in Texas, so we don't see them often. Today was my oldest son's baptism, so it has been a little hectic, but very special day. We're Mormon and our kids are baptized at eight years old. Can't believe I have an eight-year-old already... Where does the time go?

So now the fun and most of the family are gone and it's back to the books. Got a paper due (online) tomorrow night for my nursing research class. Will I ever be done with school? Maybe my youngest and I can graduate together... rolleyes.gif Another nice thing about the parents visiting is that I won't have to pay the babysitter when I go to class Tuesday and Wednesday. The only downside is that I'd rather visit than study. Then again, look what I'm doing now instead of writing my paper. Hee hee hee...
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Mar-2008, 08:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Well its been two weeks of hell for me but I'm hoping to get out of it soon. I started my new job transporting medicine from the pharmacy to different nursing homes around the state. I drive six days a week from 4 pm to around 3-4 pm. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the condition of the cars. First bit of bad luck is I have to pay for gas and use my own vehicle. $30 bucks to get down and usually another 20-25 to get back. About a tank 1/2 gas round trip. Bad news is that I didn't get paid for the first three weeks which created bounced check hell in my bank account but I have no choice if I am to keep the job. Then last Thrusday my car started ticking on the way back and I ended up stranded 2 1/2 hours from home. Thank God for AAA. Now I'm using my 1987 Audi and I'm hoping it holds together untill I can get the old car fixed or a new one. On top of that the new job wanted to me to have a home phone land line put in for their scanner(We've been using cell phones) and the cable company ended up screwing up my internet connection and we lost that for a week. The printer broke and then yesterday the clothes dryer broke. Not to mention that we owe on taxes, tuition, car payments and power bill. I'm hoping my 401 money from my old job shows up soon to cover all this leftover mess from last year unexpected expenses..
But on the bright side (at least I hope so) my wife gets paid tomorrow, I get paid friday, my internet is back up again, and I finally get to see Riverdance in Duluth tomorrow night. Wonder if I should wear my kilt. Hopefully the light at the end of this tunnel will show up soon.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 05-Mar-2008, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Definitely wear the kilt! I am so jealous. And the irony is that I work in Duluth - but not the one you're talking about - Duluth, GA! I knew Riverdance wasn't coming here... tongue.gif

Boy, that's so Roseanne Roseannadanna. If it's not one thing... You know, I think we were just talking about her on one of the other forums.

My boss is gone for the rest of the week so I've got a small amount of work to do that I have to s-t-r-e-t-c-h out over 3 days. I also plan to do my studying considering I have a computer at my disposal and it certainly won't interfere with my answering the phones.

Tonight we are going to Dave & Buster's to celebrate my baby's 11th birthday. My DD#1 is bringing her boyfriend and we'll have a couple of friends of the family, too, along with the 3 younger kids, my SO and me. I'm looking forward to it - we haven't been to D&B in way too long!

gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Mar-2008, 04:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Well I feel better today. I didn't pass the stone but it has stopped moving and I feel better. I had to go and get my daughter with multiple sclerosis which is about 70 miles from my house one way. I got her back in time for her steroids and as I said before I had to start the IV. My daughter is having problems with her vision so it is off to the eye doctor tomorrow when I get off work. Somewhere in there I I will get some sleep.

Robert with the price of gas going up your company is going to have to increase gas allowance. Hopefully things will get better for you. I will keep you in my prayers. OH, WEAR THE KILT, YES, YES, YES

Wombat have fun tonight with your family.

Nara good luck with school. Are you getting your BSN or Advance practice?

Well I better go gotta eat and get ready for work.

MDF3530 
Posted: 05-Mar-2008, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello all!

I'm here at the library again, using the internet.

Robert, you should most definitely wear the kilt!

Wombat, I'm jealous of you going to Dave & Busters! If you play the NASCAR driving game, do me a favor and crash into the #24 car biggrin.gif .

Gwenlee, I hope you and your daughter are feeling better soon!
Gwynhwyvar 
Posted: 05-Mar-2008, 10:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Smyrna, Georgia

female

Oh Robert - I was wondering where you have been - haven't seen you much around lately. Prayers are with you and your family.

Gwenlee - What is going on with Kidney stones? It seems like a lot of people I know have been plagued with them lately. Your daughter is being prayed for and I will pray that you feel better soon.

Nothing much going on - just getting ready for parent teacher conferences next week at school. Ugh!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.""
Psalm 91:1-2

"Be what you would seem to be--or, if you'd like it put more simply--Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise." from "Alice in Wonderland"
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 06-Mar-2008, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Last night was great fun! We ended up with 4 of my kids, 3 of my friends, my SO, and me at Dave & Busters. Played too many games (I am so bad - I get addicted to that coin-drop game) and I even drank Coke, something I nearly never do anymore. I have so gotten away from soft drinks that it's a rarity to have one more than once a month.

The birthday girl got a few new stuffed animals for prizes so she was happy. The kids and my SO tend to play the motorcycle riding games and other racing games. Also, the Jurassic Park game is a hot item with the guys. I just keep feeding coins into to coin-drop machine and racking up the coupons. Then, after I run out of credits, I give all the coupons to whoever happens to be the birthday person of the evening.

I taught my eldest daughter the fine art of this addicting game and the two of us agreed that we could never go to Las Vegas - our personalities would just not be able to handle the force that compels us to keep playing...must keep playing..must keep (yeah, you get the idea). My daughter said that we'd be lucky to come home with the shirts on our backs, we would totally lose everything.

I can't wait until we go back, hopefully, for the next birthday, which is next month. Whee!

Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 06-Mar-2008, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Well I finally got to se riverdance last night and it lived up to all my expectations. We saw the Boyne company perform. They must be the troup for smaller venues as it was in a side stage of the Duluth Entertainment Center rather than the arena were most concerts are held. There were a few changes but the overall show was the same as the Live on Brodway CD. The band was only a five piece and Pat Mangan was the fiddle player. One of the tap dancers from the Trading taps portion ws gone and they had a a woman play the part who did a fabulous job. They also added a fiddle solo and a bodhran solo which was a very nice change. This is the farewell tour so catch it you can!
In other news I get my first paycheck tomorrow. But if gas prices keep going the way they do I'll have to head back to the old job. Our gas comes out of our paychecks so if it hits $5.00 a gallon like it did in california today there is no way I can afford this kind of trip without a huge pay increase.
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 06-Mar-2008, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

How wonderful that you got to see it! I am jealous. I think there was a time when my kids and I would watch the tape every single night! Of course, the epitome would be for me to be able to see Colin Dunne.

Okay, a weird thing just happened at my office. Our maintenance guy came by - he makes the rounds once a day to walk through the office to see that everything is working, no lights out, etc. I was walking back from the copy machine to my desk and he walked by and said "You have legs!" like that was a big discovery. It made me realize how infrequently I wear either a skirt or dress. We both laughed over it because it's certainly not one of those comments you hear everyday.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]