Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
252,158 Gold!

Celeste Ray, a native of Los Angeles, began her musical studies at age six. Positively influenced by parents who played classical piano and flamenco guitar, Celeste’s imagination was captivated by the piano early in life. As a teenager firmly trained in classical music, she began exploring contemporary composers Bill Evans, Oregon and Pat Metheny. Her current influences include Loreena McKennitt, Bill Whelan (Riverdance) and Enya.

In 1984, Celeste received her degree in performance from the respected El Camino College in California. With considerable experience as a solo pianist, she was inspired to write for ensembles during her travels throughout Europe. Celeste’s vocals are also a big part of her signature sound. She has performed at Carnegie Hall in New York under the direction of famed composer John Rutter and at WESAK festivals in Mt. Shasta, California.

Ray’s diverse and eclectic background includes a tour of Australia for six months during 1997, where she was commissioned to compose a musical scheduled for national release. Her tour also included performances on the bowed psaltery for Australia’s national radio station (ABC), and the Government House.

From Celeste, "Strings of Gold is my most recent CD and represents a tribute to Folk and Irish music. Most of the songs are traditionals with original arrangements. After performing numerous concerts and listening to my friends' and audiences' feedback, I came up with this particular collection of "jewels."

A collaborative creation, with the talents of James Gilchrist, Eric Mauriello, Darius Kaufmann and Andrew Potenza, may you find "Strings of Gold" to be as precious to your heart as we do!"

Read our full review here:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/news.php?item=366

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]