Elspeth 
  Posted: 19-Aug-2004, 06:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

We have new people joining us all the time (WELCOME) so I thought it might be nice if we all introduce ourselves and tell a bit about ourselves.

My name here on the site is Elspeth. I am a mother of four (13, 11, 9, 6) and am somewhere between 30-Something and senility. (depending on the day)

I have gone to church all my life, until I was 30 in the Church of the Brethren and for the last 10 years in a Presbyterian church.

I have been singing in church since I could toddle my way up front. I write plays for my current church.

Let's see, what else might people want to know. I have known Jesus and God all my life. A real cognizance of the Holy Spirit is more of a recent addition, found in times of trial.

I am closest to the voice of God in the outdoors.

A quick overview?.

Hello everyone, stand up and witness!! rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 19-Aug-2004, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hi there!

I am Allen Alderman, aka WizardofOwls. I am 39, married and have an 11 year old daughter.

Though I was raised in church (Church of God), and have been going to a Pentecostal Holiness church for the past 12 years, I didn't actually commit myself to the Lord (ie get saved) until 2 and half years ago. I don't know why I waited so long. I think in my mind I thought just knowing God was enough, that I didn't really need to make the commit of saying the sinner's prayer and actually trying to live the life He has called me to live. I am so glad that I have Him now to guide and lead me. I can't imagine my life without Him.

I enjoy singing. I sing in church and at prayer meetings and most anytime I am alone. biggrin.gif

I feel closest to God when I am lifting my voice to Him in praise and worship. Sometimes when I am singing I forget that there is anyone else around but me and Him, and I just lose myself in His awesomeness.

I am also in the process of learning to play piano, and TRYING to teach myself to play tin whistle and Scottish Gaelic.

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Aug-2004, 09:50 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

hello I am CelticRose aka Rose or Rosemary. I was born and raised Catholic until I was 25 and then I stepped away from God altogether. In the meantime I had studied many different religions trying to find what was truth for me. Then at age 27 I came to know Christ in a very special way. Now I am a protestant, attend a Christian church and can't tell you the countless times God has revealed Himself in my life and intervened as well. I worship a very awesome God! smile.gif
dfilpus 
Posted: 20-Aug-2004, 08:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Chapel Hill NC

male

Hello. I am Dave Filpus, the Finnish Celt. I am 52, married with two boys in middle and high school.

I was baptised and confirmed in a small Lutheran church. I drifted away from the church in college, but did not lose my faith. We were married in the Roman Catholic Church and are raising our kids Catholic, but I have not converted. I attend mass regularly and Lutheran services rarely.

One of my passions with church is the music. Hymns are a big part of Lutheran services and everybody sings. For a long time, I've felt that Catholics do not know how to sing. Then, our parish dedicated a new church. The music was spectacular and even the congregation got into singing. Now, I feel that Catholics can sing, but they don't.

--------------------
Näkemiin

Dave (SCA: Geoffrey Genour of Carney)
Protector of Bits and Bytes, Third cousin once removed to Phil, Prince of Insufficient Light

user posted image

Help out with the site! Win prizes!
Suggest videos at VideoCelt.com

Check out the outstanding video - Merchant Marine by Celtae
cscunningham 
Posted: 21-Aug-2004, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

male

Hi All.

My name is Steve Cunningham I live in New Hampshire. I have been a member of the Hampstead Congregational Church for the past 10 years. Over the years I have served as the Chair of our Senior Pastoral Search Committee, Chair of the Board of Diaconate and currently serve on the Executive Committee. I have recently accepted the position of Chair of our Fund-Raising Committee, one of our first project will be putting on a Robert Burns Dinner this coming February.

My is the Chair of the Nominating Committee, we have two young adult daughters, both have chosen not to join the church. I pray that one day they will come back to the church.

I grow up in the New England Congregational Church. I enjoy the role we the members of the church play in the life of our church. Serving on the Pastoral search committee opened my eyes not into my own faith but to the greater church and the role we play in our community.

Well that about that.

Steve

--------------------
C.S. Cunningham, Clan Cunningham USA -
Membership Coordinator & New England/New York Region Director
[email protected]

If there is righteousness in the heart,
there will be beauty in the character.
If there is beauty in the character,
there will be harmony in the home.
If there is harmony in the home,
there will be order in the nation.
If there is order in the nation,
there will be peace in the world.
So let it be.

My Webpage
PMEmail Poster               
cori 
Posted: 21-Aug-2004, 09:32 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the North Winds
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: New Jersey

female

Hey! My name is Leslie. I live in NJ for ten years and love it. I am not currently a member of any church. Mine split last May, but we are working on starting fresh again.

I was saved at age 8 and actually remember all the circumstances surrounding my salvation. I was baptized in October of 1994 with my parents and grandparents present, which makes it a very special memory.

Right now, I am using the skills given to me to minister to a family from our "church" and enjoying it immensely. I didn't used to think serving God could be so rewarding, but I continue to learn that He is a God of joy.

I guess that's all.

Leslie

--------------------

Leslie

~That would be an awfully big adventure.

~Time is what keeps everything from happening all at once.
PMEmail Poster                
MacAibhistin 
Posted: 21-Aug-2004, 05:39 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

ZodiacOak

Realm: northern Canada - somewhere between the treeline and civilisation

male

Hi folks. I'm Rory in northern Canada (originally from New Scotland). I am a husband and father of a beautiful 3 yr old daugher named Mairead (pronounced like parade, except with an m). I have been a Christian all my life, raised in a very legalistic Pentecostal church, but now I attend a Church of Christ which I really enjoy. My faith is in a transition mode this past 10 years or so, as I have become less fundamentalist, and more rational in my thoughts on God and the Bible. Nonetheless, I believe Christ is a part of the trinity and He provides the real hope this world needs. Like Elspeth said, I too feel closest to God when I am outdoors in His creation.

Thanks,
Rory
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Aug-2004, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow! Rory! This Selkie movie I have been watching has a Selkie girl named Maireaid. It is Irish for Pearl!
MacAibhistin 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 09:53 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacOak

male

Yes! What a coincidence! Her full name is Mairead Elizabeth, it means " a pearl consecrated to God". What is the name of the movie you are watching?
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-Aug-2004, 10:46 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Rory! I am watching the Selkie movie called "The Seventh Stream." The guy who finds her in the movie names her Mairead...........what a very beautiful name you have given your daughter!
MacAibhistin 
Posted: 23-Aug-2004, 10:51 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacOak

male

Thanks, Celtic Rose. It is a name that was used by my Scottish ancestors in the past, and since my wife and I liked it so much we thought we'd revive it. Where we now live here in northwestern Canada, most people have no knowledge of Gaelic, so a lot of the time when people ask her name we either have to explain it, or we just say "Maggie" - that's her nickname. But we mostly call her Mairead at home.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Aug-2004, 04:03 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I know this is off topic Mac, but is Mairead a Scottish name then?
celtic from cali 
Posted: 10-Nov-2004, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

well this is more of an introduction then reply. I'm sooo excited by the things I've discovered on this site! I am protestant all of my life researching somethings on catholicism as I am a relegious studies and art history major. I'm recently married with a child. I think it is so awesome that celticradio provides these forums for people to learn so much! I can't beleive how much there is in common with the people here! I actually am new at the responding and writing into anything on the computer, it's real nice. I hope to talk with some of you, but it looks like we're all on different times! Here is a chat getter - What do you fellow christians think of our election of Bush here in the USA - this is not to start a fight - I am genuinly interested to see how many people may share our election. Take care
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 02:53 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Celtic from Cali! so wonderful to have you here! I am from a Catholic background, but then turned protestant. There are many things I miss about my Catholic upbringing and through the years I have attended Mass as a result. Just feel the need to be there sometimes.

I was an art major in college and studied art history too! Absolutely love art history! We have things in common!

I am married with no children...........just two dogs who hubby and I make our children. I have been married 20 years.

Well I don't know how the other Christians voted, but I voted for Bush for many reasons and I felt he being a God fearing man whose religious beliefs were close to mine helped as well. I have not agreed with every decision Bush has made, but if you want to learn more about what we all think, there is a Politics On-line forum on this site that you might want to check out as the discussion would be off-topic in here. But you could start a new thread in there asking that question. Just a suggestion. wink.gif smile.gif

Hope you enjoy this site as much as I have. Hope you make many friends here too as I have too! Looking forward to getting to know you better! smile.gif
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 11-Nov-2004, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hello - I am Amrita but everyone calls me Ami and I was raised in catholic village in Germany but as a lutheran.

I changed my believes and am now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (Mormon) and even though I am inaktive right now I read the bible and the Book of Mormon very often for guidance.

I am married for the second time and have a 9 year old son out of my first marriage but his father pretty much doesn't care and my new husband is more of a father to my son than my exhusband ever was.

I worked as a paralegal in Germany and now I am housewife and mother and hopefully a good wife to my US Army Husband.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]