Posted: 13-Jan-2004, 04:27 PM
Quote Post

Guardian of Scotland :-)
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Isle of Skye

female

Ahoi, Froggie biggrin.gif Welcome on this board here biggrin.gif Sgiathnach from the RR chat here ( i know we weren 't for a while alas) Great to see ye on here , too biggrin.gif Time we got this thread going again thumbs_up.gif

Yeah , Lionel, Altan are from Ireland, i don't know them very well but i heard them occasionally on Celticradio and think they're quite ok smile.gif

As for Bruce, hehehe, I am slightly opinionated alas, as a) i got my very own Bruce biggrin.gif , and cool.gif with Proterra on at the moment (track Day of Days) as well as Stirling castle concert on 23rd of August 2003 and Usher Hall on 13th of December where that boy was absolutely fantastic (as was the rest of them btw) with a star performance on From the North, which is one of my favourites on that cd (along with Proterra, Empty Glens, Gabriels Sword and Faileas air an àiridh, and An Reiteach not to forget lol .....)

Bruce has brought new life to the band in my opinion and new creativity , as well. And, btw. Froggie, nice pic of Bruce ye got there. Where did ye get it?

--------------------
Scottish in Heart :-))

In the darkest heart the pride of man will walk allone

's ged tha mi fada bhuat cha dhealaich sinn a chaoidh

Darkover RPG
PMEmail Poster               
Lionel 
Posted: 13-Jan-2004, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

male

Ho ho Red Grouse ! Happy to know you, so nice to meet you ! So you are Runrig daft ! You lucky so and so ! You can afford seeing Runrig live twice or thrice a year and in, France Runrig is live only once a century ! mad.gif

Are Runrig musicians and singer afraid of Froggies ? We never ate anyone alive and kicking ! However we love haggii !!!! biggrin.gif

The Stirling Castle Concert is the concert I will be dreaming for the rest of my life. Losgann (the other Froggie) was there ! And she keeps saying : "I was at the Stirling Castle concert." angel_not.gif

In France we love Celtic music (Chieftains, MacKennitt, Dan ar Braz, Tri Yann, Alan Stivell, Capercaillie and lots of others). We love Scottish artists and many Scottish bands were or are so big in France (Texas, Simple Minds, Big Country, the Silencers, Travis, Marillion, Lloyd Cole and others). So why o' why Runrig is afraid of coming to France. They think that they don't have an audience, fans. This is wrong ! They are not a very adventurous band. They should be more adventurous. Even in Switzerland they only go the German speaking part of the country (because they are big in Germany) but they forget the French speaking part of Switzerland ! 1eye.gif

I agree with you, Famous Grouse, when you say that Bruce gave Runrig a new beginning ! Now stop kidding Runrig and come to France, you'll be great and big in Paris. king.gif

--------------------
Durum Patienta Frango !
I overcome difficulties with patience !

Clans More, Moar and Moir.
PMEmail Poster               
Losgann 
Posted: 13-Jan-2004, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: France

female

Eh Michaela biggrin.gif Yesterday, someone tell me "you have to see Faileas, she is the big fan of Runrig here" I thought "My Joss, I need to speak to her then"...
Find your profile, saw Michaela... biggrin.gif Here we meet again !!
You know, you miss nothing this times, the chatroom is nearly dead... don't know why !

Lionel, I don't keep saying "I was in Stirling Gig !!" because it's not the better I saw... I can keep saying "I was in Zurich Gig... AND MEET THE BAND" but I will behave and say nothing angel_not.gif

Froggie, nice pic of Bruce ye got there. Where did ye get it?

I love this pic... It's a promo pic for Proterra who was on the web, access only withe the Empty Glens single...

--------------------
Bye
Losgann MacMee
http://chocolate-frog.net/runrig

'Togaidh Sinn Ar Fonn An Ard'
'Lay down beside me and question my faith'
'Some breathing space is always welcome'
PMEmail Poster               
Lionel 
Posted: 13-Jan-2004, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

male

Chuuttt Losgann ! C'était un stratagème pour attirer Michaela ! Moi aussi j'ai entendu parler d'elle hier soir. Donc en parlant de toi et de ta participation au concert de Stirling je pensais qu'elle reviendrait illico presto ! wink.gif angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Faileas 
  Posted: 15-Jan-2004, 03:49 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

Attention, Lionel, je comprends francais hehe , un peu lol; mais c'est très difficile a ecrire ou le parler lol , pour ce que j' apprends le Gaidhlig lol, et j'ai presque perdu mon francais wink.gif

And on that wee note, lol, even tho i do like my dram Uisge beatha , especially Talisker, Glenmorangie, Glenfiddich and Isle of Skye Blend , would ye please stop calling me "Famous Grouse", or people will think me a drunkard alas beer_mug.gif

"Faileas" translates as "reflection, shadow", and it is taken of course from that wonderful balad "Faileas air an àirigh" = Reflections on the pasture, which ranges very high on proterra hehe. Unfortunately they didn't sing that in Usher Hall, but they need some songs for the forthcoming spring tour hehe biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Losgann 
Posted: 15-Jan-2004, 04:32 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacReed

Realm: France

female

Michaela, you speak gaelic, so forget french biggrin.gif

Faileas is a wonderful song... the motto of the french association came from it ! Togaidh Sinn Ar Fonn An Ard biggrin.gif

PMEmail Poster               
Lionel 
Posted: 15-Jan-2004, 05:43 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

male

Dear Faileas !

Sorry ! That was a little joke and I did not want to offend you.
I agree with you about that Runrig song on the album Proterra. Wonderful !

As regards whisky, how stange ? We have nearly the same tastes : Talisker, Glenmorangie, Glenlivet, Cardhu and Glenfiddich for me !

Do you live on the Isle of Skye ? I lived in Scotland for one year and I decided to spend my last week-end on the Isle of Skye ! I cried and I drunk lots of Champagne !
Wonderful memories.

You were so lucky to be in Usher Hall last year ! I have been listening to Runrig music since 1987 but I have never seen them live ! What a pity. Hope to see them live one day maybe in Scotland because they are afraid to come to visit us, Froggies ! sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Faileas 
  Posted: 17-Jan-2004, 04:21 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

Dont worry, Lionel, hehe , i was just pulling yer leg wink.gif As for Gaidhlig, aye , tis a wonderful language and I love her to bits. My interest in Gaidhlig was roused by these wonderful six guys here, who make such a great music and sing in this dream(field wink.gif) language. Following my listening to them, i started to get curious about Scotland and came here first in 1995, when I toured round up via Glasgow, Pitlochrie, Isle of Skye, somewhere nere Grantown and then Edinburgh I think. Anyway, twas a great round trip and got me absolutely hooked on Scotland biggrin.gif. So I kept coming and coming back, especially after I had moved to Yorkshire in 1999. So I got teased from here to there why I bothered coming back down to Yorkshire lol, and somehow I thought these guys were right. At Usher Hall 4th December I met another German living on Skye and we spent the afternoon together. Unfortunately I didnt have time to come with her then, but after Celtic Connections 2001 i managed the Saturday in Inverness and after that I knew my days in Yorkshire were counted lol. She helped me to find a job and since end of March 2001 I have the incredible luck of indeed living here. At the moment I am at the Gaelic College in Sleat on the South End, near Armadale, but I have been living in Broadford, Duntulm and Portree hehe, so I've been moving down the whole length of the Island lol and I have to say, I dont intend leaving this fantastic peace of earth biggrin.gif note.gif thumbs_up.gif

"Mountains of black and gold, sunsets falling over the cloud .... "
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-Jan-2004, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Lucky you Faileas! Now what I want to know is since you are so proficient in Gaelic, can you understand Runrig's songs and sing along with them? smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Lionel 
Posted: 18-Jan-2004, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

male

Faileas ! Thanks for your good sense of humour !

biggrin.gif

I've been several times on the Isle of Skye, it is a fantastic place, especially the Cuillin hills ! I'm a keen hillwalker !

Lucky you to live in so nice a place ! Enjoy it ! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Faileas 
  Posted: 18-Jan-2004, 03:53 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Jan 18 2004, 01:39 AM)
Lucky you Faileas!  Now what I want to know is since you are so proficient in Gaelic, can you understand Runrig's songs and sing along with them?  smile.gif

Hei, a Rhois smile.gif! Tha mi a ' feuchainn, tha mi a ' feuchainn lol. I am trying , I am trying. A dh'innse na fìrinn, hehe, i dont understand every word yet, as I am still learning, so I am not really proficient hehe, but then, I am beginning to understand more and more smile.gif and reading through the cd booklets or the songbook helped a lot in building up vocabulary. Actually, songs in general are a fantastic way´to learn a language note.gif

As for singing , hehe, I am trying I am trying, think it's not quite a case of runaway and throwing tomatoes lol, as I can carry a tune even tho my voice is not too great smile.gif. However, am singing in the Gaelic Choir in Port Righ, Còisir Sgìre Phort Righ, and have also singing classes with Christine Primrose, one of our fine Gaelic Singers here on Skye. Btw, she has published several cds hehe ... (Paul , hope ye read this wink.gif

My fave tracks to sing along with are Cearcal a Chuan, Chi mi n' Geamhraidh and Faileas smile.gif (the Traditional in there is Teann a-nan thoirt do mo làimh). And of course, Siol Goraidh biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Kiwi Gael 
Posted: 01-Feb-2004, 12:56 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tokoroa, New Zealand.

male

... Not long got their 'Proterra' CD, and love it. Great band, certainly one of my faves. Sad to see Donnie go, but Bruce is doing a grand job. Are there any Runrig DVDs on the market? I've got 3 video tapes but it's just not the same as DVD.
Looking forward to Donnie Munro's new DVD - March 2004 release I think it's slated for.

--------------------
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom and with all thy getting get understanding (Proverbs 4:7)

user posted image

The Scripture cannot be broken (John 10:35)
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Feb-2004, 01:23 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well I know they are not available here in the states.........boo hoo! sad.gif
Kiwi Gael 
Posted: 01-Feb-2004, 02:03 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tokoroa, New Zealand.

male

I haveta admit that I had a bit of a cry when watching Runrig's 'Farewell to Donnie at Stirling Castle' concert on video... cry.gif especially during the last couple tracks.

Well, okay, then... I blubbered like a baby crybaby.gif

It certainly was an emotional show...
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Feb-2004, 02:26 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

You know....I am a recent Runrig fan so I of course didn't notice the difference. duh! But I am sure that hard core Runrig fans did! I want to get a hold of some Runrig DVD concerts but they are hard to get here in the states. crybaby.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]