CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 29-Oct-2005, 10:40 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: between Arizona & SW New Mexico

female

Greetings to all! Once again, profound absence but thought I'd pop by & say hello. Life here has been quite busy; the property I thought we'd found turned out not so perfect so we've decided to stay put & make this house work for us for the foreseeable future. While it will mean lots of work, at least I don't have to pack up again!

Hoping all's well with everyone... Happy Halloween!! The grandkids are coming & I'm doing the place up royal for them. Hope to pop in more often...
CM
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 29-Oct-2005, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well, and ready for Halloween and Samhain. Both of our girls had costume parties to go to last night, and had a blast! We had just finished my eldest's costume when it was time for her to go out the door - phew! She did most of the work herself, but needed help with a few stubborn details. Looked amazing! It's always fun to see which costume ideas they come up with each year. Our Trick-or-Treat night is Monday, the 31st (as it should be!). They've got their plans made with friends as to where to start, and which direction they're headed, and which spooky houses they want to visit (can't miss!), what time to meet up and merge groups, etc..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

We had *snow* today!! Not ready for that white stuff!! Huge big flakes, very wet, but thankfully only an inch or so and it's already melting. I couldn't believe it! Monday's supposed to be back up to 65 degrees, and sunny -- the best day for three weeks! Kids will have a great night to go candy collecting.
Enjoy it all, everyone!

Can't wait to hear from SB and CR either....oh the tales we're going to hear!

Take care, all.
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Rindy 
Posted: 29-Oct-2005, 11:19 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone! Well the weather is was pretty nice a bit breezy but it got to 70 degrees.

CM- its great to hear from you.. Sorry your deal didn't pan out. Sometimes its for the best.. I wouldn't want to pack up things and move either..
I hope you can get the chance to stop in more often..

Dreamer- oh it sounds like you are having so much fun. I am glad it won't be snowing for the kids. We are celebrating on Monday the 31st around here also. They did change it on a couple of years and it was just wierd.. Hated it..
You let us know how things go- ok.. Take care and its great to hear from you.

Gwenlee and Stoirmeil just want to say congratulations here also on your moderator/guide promotions.. I am sure you will do wonderful you both are very gifted..

Well I am sitting here trying to figure what time it really is, I went and moved the time back already now I am saying to myself do I really want to go to bed now..
It will be nice not to be so dark in the mornings..

Well have a good night everyone see you tomorrow..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 30-Oct-2005, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Rindy, thanks for mentioning the time change. I had forgotten completely and hubby hadn't mentioned it either! Now it's going to be getting darker an hour earlier. I dread that!!

I hope all is doing well and staying warm. We had some snow this week, not much only enough to cover the ground, it melted quickly. North of me there was some pretty heavy stuff and alot of power outages. We still have alot of leaves on our trees which is unusual for this time of year. Wintertime here in the mountains are beautiful, I just hate those high heating bills that comes along with it. Natural gas is going up 31% on the 1st of November. That is really going to cause a hardship for so many families.

I'm sure CR and SB are having such a good time being able to see all the sights and being together. Just think of the friendships that have been made here due to Paul!

gotta' go for now, Hubby's taking me out for breakfast! Everyone have a good day!

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
gwenlee 
Posted: 30-Oct-2005, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed your extra hour of sleep. I hate time change be it spring forward, or fall back. I have had a busy weekend. I helped my daughter move in to her place. My mom is also moving in with her to help with expenses. My daughter is so excited that grandma is living with her. They are going to be so funny living together. My daughter has multiple sclerosis and has some minor disabilities and my mom had a stroke which left her disable. I gave them a list of rules to follow since they both are acting like teenagers. They have both wanted to be on their own but neither of them had the money to live completely on there own so they are pooling there resources. Tonight they are coming back home to finish getting their stuff. I worried about either of them living alone, but now I'm not so worried because they will look after each other. They are living 2 hrs from me in the town where my daughter is going to college.

I think old man winter has hit us. We have frost on the pumpkin in the morning and the highs have been in the 60's. I hope the snow stays away, and I too hope that it doesn't get too cold because of the cost of natural gas and heating oil.

I hope CR and SB are enjoying themselves. Maggie is right about friends being made here. I have met so many nice people, and was thrilled to meet SB at the games. Hopefully I'll get to met others.

Thanks Rindy for the congratulations. I hope I can do a good job as moderator. I know I enjoy being active in my Clan. And at the games I always find myself at other Clan tent asking questions and just plain socializing.

We now have two cars down. My daughters car CV joints need replacing, and my husbands car clutch went out. My husband car had been sitting for awhile and we just put new tires on it, we just got through having a front end job and new tires put on the F-150. I guess I better start working some overtime.

Well I have to go I have to get some groceries.

TTFN
Gwenlee

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 30-Oct-2005, 04:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello all!!!

Another Sunday, another trip to my parents to do my laundry...

Gwenlee-sorry to hear about your family's severe lack of mobility.

Old Man Winter hasn't reared his ugly head here yet, but I know he's on his way. Today it was in the 60s. I know we'll probably be able to lop off 30º from that by Thanksgiving.

Last night I rented "King Arthur" from Blockbuster. It was all right. I didn't like it, didn't hate it. Didn't mind looking at Keira Knightley, though naughty.gif ...

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
gwenlee 
Posted: 31-Oct-2005, 08:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone. I thought I'd say hello before going to bed. I am doing 3 straight nights. So I can't stay on long. My hunny got the car home and looked at it. Come to find out it isn't so much the clutch but some kind of cables that came off. We checked at the local parts store and was told it is a dealer part. So on my day off I'll have to go by and check of the price. I may have to wait until I get paid next week. Thank goodness I have a spouse who can fix cars otherwise we would be in trouble. Right now my son doesn't have a car because his sister is using his until there dad can fix it. Thank goodness I have kids who don't mind riding a school bus.

Today both of them wore their kilts to school. My son said it isn't for a costume but to show off his kilt without getting too much teasing, not that the teasing has ever stopped him from wearing it to school. My daughter wore hers too with fox tail that she got at the Stone Mountain Games and some ear. She said she was going as a Scottish werwolf. Go figure I didn't think those existed in Scotland. I guess I'll have to look that one up in the folklore.

Our Clan is getting together this weekend at a local pub to celebrate a birthday. I also have a Social. So I have to leave the dance early. I enjoy my clan we try to get together outside of the games. I think its great. I just don't understand why we don't have more participation. What is so bad we send out notices well in advance and it is the same people that show up. But then at the games people complain that we don't do anything. My response is to give them a list of activities that we do and invite them to come. We really try to be flexible but as all of you know you just can't please everyone. And not to sound ungrateful I do appreciate those faithful few that come. The Sunday before Thanksgiving I'm also told we are invited to a Kirkin of the Tartan Service in the Atlanta area. When I get additional information maybe those of you who live in the Atlanta area will come.

Mike I thought Author was alright. But I was disappointed in Kingdom of Heaven.
Next week I want to go on a date with my hunny and go see the new Zoro movie.

Well everyone take care. Has anyone heard from CR or SB?
Rindy 
Posted: 31-Oct-2005, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Happy Halloween evening to everyone.. I am getting trick or treaters so hope I can get this finished before the next one.

Maggie hope you had a great breakfast. I am afraid of these heating bills coming up. You keep warm..

Gwenlee- I had to scroll back thought I messed up. I am not used to you posting so much..LOL thumbs_up.gif You have a good sense of humor when it comes to your mom and daughter. I think I would panic...you keep warm also..I hope you get your vehicles working..keep us updated..

I miss CR and SB! Hope they start posting soon.

Mike- I liked King Arthur- still havent had time to watch Kingdom Of Heaven. I do remember was kind of hard to follow..but I hate history so that could be why..lol
When will you be back on here like you used to be?? We miss ya.

Well got to go- I tend to lose my train of thought with the door bell going.

Did anyone have trick or treaters???

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 01-Nov-2005, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Good morning folks. It is a beautiful GA morning. My hunny is off to get parts to fix one of the cars. I hope he doesn't have too much problems

Rindy you are right I have posted more here lately. With the games being over I have more time. I miss being able to post. But I usually get on the site even if I don't post so I can see what everyone is up to. I do worry about my mom and daughter but they are only a phone call away. I talk to both of them every day. My daughter goes to college up there. The 2 hour drive was making her very tired so we found her a place that is only a 1/2 mile from school. Mom told me they were so tired last night they went to bed at 8 PM. So much for wild women.

I haven't had trick or treater in 13 years. I guess it is because we live in the country.

Have a good day

TTFN
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 02-Nov-2005, 10:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Greetings all!
Been enjoying a beautiful fall.
Had no trick or treaters - I too live out in the country, like gwenlee.
Not much else to say - just checking in.

cheers
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 02-Nov-2005, 11:12 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Good Morning to all of you.. It was in the 20's last night- heat is just going.. Its kind of cloudy suppose to get colder..

Gwenlee- funny-its great they can live together..What is your daughter taking in college? Forgive me if you have already said my memory is not much these days..
I hope your autos are repaired soon.

Jp, good to see you. I think fall is over now here sad.gif I am having my snowblower repaired.. Hope they hurry up..no trick or treaters- guess that would be ok with me. Hows your family doing?

Got to try and catch up- Where is everyone???

Have a great day..no matter what..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 02-Nov-2005, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Hi Rindy.
The clan is doing well.

Did you ever wonder...?
I just spent a few minutes looking thru the members directory for this place. Did you ever wonder about the folks that registered, posted their photograph but never made a post, or made only one or two posts? I always thought it was kind of odd. Oh well, maybe they forgot about this site. Can't see why though!!! biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 02-Nov-2005, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Jp, that is weird.. It took me a long time before I put mine up. What I hate is you get to know someone and then they just "poof" disapear...then I worry about them..
Good to see you..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 02-Nov-2005, 01:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (Rindy @ 31-Oct-2005, 08:58 PM)
Happy Halloween evening to everyone.. I am getting trick or treaters so hope I can get this finished before the next one.

Maggie hope you had a great breakfast. I am afraid of these heating bills coming up. You keep warm..

Gwenlee- I had to scroll back thought I messed up. I am not used to you posting so much..LOL thumbsup.gif You have a good sense of humor when it comes to your mom and daughter. I think I would panic...you keep warm also..I hope you get your vehicles working..keep us updated..

I miss CR and SB! Hope they start posting soon.

Mike- I liked King Arthur- still havent had time to watch Kingdom Of Heaven. I do remember was kind of hard to follow..but I hate history so that could be why..lol
When will you be back on here like you used to be?? We miss ya.

Well got to go- I tend to lose my train of thought with the door bell going.

Did anyone have trick or treaters???

Slainte smile.gif

I didn't have any trick or treaters either. The person who owns my building doesn't allow them. See, it's all interior access (which is one of the things that sold me on my apartment-the others were the fact it was a top floor apartment and it was pretty nice for $600 a month), so the tenants have to buzz in guests. It would be too much of a security hazard to have so many people coming and going.

Did anyone get their house egged because they gave out healthy stuff like apples and granola bars?

Rindy, I will be on more when I get cable and internet. Right now, I'm over at my folks' house.

In case you were wondering, yes I have bought some White Sox World Series championship memorabilia. I bought a pennant at one of these stands that's popped up all over the place. Also, I bought a T-shirt at Kmart. They had two types-a black one that said "2005 World Series Champions Chicago White Sox", which is the one I bought, and a white one that said "World Series Champion Chicago White Sox" with pictures of first baseman Paul Konerko, pitcher Jon Garland and catcher A.J. Pierzynski. They made a mistake on that shirt though. The picture of Pierzynski the maker used was one of him as a member of the Minnesota Twins, one of his former teams. I could tell by the uniform he was wearing.
Rindy 
Posted: 03-Nov-2005, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Good evening everyone-

Hey there Mike, sounds like you bought all kinds of Sox stuff.. Way to go..The Twins and The Rockies are the only teams I have seen live-well other than the teams they played I remember the Marlins but I don't remember the other team..
I bet your still feeling the win huh?
I sure like digital cable- so much faster. Hope I never have to go back to the dial up.

Well everyone have a good evening see you tomorrow.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]