Posted: 22-Oct-2004, 10:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Idaho, USA

female

Now one of mine....

My Aunt Weege (real name Eliza Jane but nicknamed after the Ouija board) passed on 40 years ago. During very difficult times in my life she has come to me both waking and in the waking twilight. She sits with me and has comforted me. She has watched over my children when their "visitor" was in the basement with them and when the "woman" walked the hall between their bedrooms. She protected my son when he was tiny the night a malevolent spirit from my childhood followed us home from a seance. She was even there with us the morning my mom died. I felt her by mom's bed, an arm around me, and then they left together. She was awsome in life and remains so!

--------------------
JaneyMae

Tangle Goblinwitch: She is only seen in the enchanted moment between sleep and waking

"Never miss a chance to shut up." Will Rogers

Leprechauns, castles, good luck and laughter.
Lullabies, dreams and love ever after.
A thousand welcomes when anyone comes...
That's the Irish for You!
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
maisky 
Posted: 25-Oct-2004, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

A few years back, when we lived in Cartersville, GA, we moved into a haunted house. We didn't know about it when we moved in, but the cold presence in one bedroom and (occasionally) in the front room made us ask the neighbors about the house. It seemed there was a murder there. Additionally, my youngest daughter, who occupied the bedroom, is sensitive and reacted VERY badly to the presence. After about 6 months of doing our Buddhist practice in the front room, the presence finally left: too much positive energy for it. Our youngest kid recovered from her problems shortly thereafter.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
Crooktooth 
Posted: 28-Oct-2004, 03:24 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: California

male

I actually started a similar thread on the forums for Puzzle Pirates. Here are my stories.

I had visited friend of mine who lived in Coloma, CA (right in the middle of the gold country) a couple of times, and every time I was in his house it seemed like there was some kind of "cloud" of oppression, that hung about a foot and a half from the living room ceiling. Nothing visible or tangible, just a feeling. When I finally asked my friend about it, he told me that the previous owner had hung himself in the living room.

Another time myself and another friend were hanging around out side my parents home, which is way out in the sticks. I think their closest neighbor was maybe a mile away. We were the only people there. During the course of our conversation he had mentioned his older sister, who had been hit and killed in front of him, years before, while pulling out of the driveway on a motorcycle. About twenty minutes later, we were both just sitting quiet, and I smelled something sweet that I almost recognized. I turned to him and asked if he smelled it too, and his face went stark white. He said," It's strawberry shampoo", and he was right, that was exactly the scent. The wind came up for a second. He went on to say it was the same scent that his sister had always used. The wind died down again, and the smell was gone.

--------------------
Putting live chickens in my enemies underwear since Dec'03
PMEmail Poster               
bubba 
Posted: 31-Oct-2004, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Northeast Wisconsin

male

The house we raised our kids in had a spirit that let itself be known. The house was built in 1896, a farm house. We heard occasional steps on the stairs when we first moved in but thought nothing of it. It was an old house so we thought it was just noises from the structure. Then things started disappearing for a short time. On time my wifes set of crochet hooks disappeared. We went nuts hunting for them. A week later they turned up under one of our sons bed. The noises got more frequent and things started getting knocked over. I went and looked up the history of the place.
In 1903 a girl named Abigail died there in one of the back bedrooms upstairs from pneumonia. She was 9 years old. One night when I couldn't find my keys I just said, Ok Abigail, where are they. I went back in the kitchen and they were back on the hook where I left them. After that we always acknowleged her presence and the tricks stopped for the most part. She still made her presence known and a few times we heard what sounded like a giggle before some little trick. Initially it must have been the lonely spirit of Abigail trying to find friends. My wife thought I was a bit nuts, but one night I sat in that back room and talked to Abigail. I explained that she could move on and rejoin her family if she tried. She didn't have to stay there alone. A few weeks later there was a feeling in the house of incredible happiness and that was the last we ever felt of her.

--------------------
[SIZE=7]Curtesie is cumbersom to them that kens it not.
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 01-Nov-2004, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Beaches of North Carolina & Mountains of Kentucky

female

O'siyo bubba,
~ What an incredible and splendid story! tongue.gif I loved reading it! Very, very kind of you to 'speak' to this girl..very wonderful that she finally found 'home' cheers.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

--------------------
I always knew one day I would travel this road;I just did not know that today would be the day....

'Each man is good in his sight. It is not necessary for eagles to be crows' --Sitting Bull

'Why do you take by force what you could obtain by love?'
--Powhatan

'HeartAches mend, HeartBreaks are everlasting'-- my own quote, seeker
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 01-Nov-2004, 11:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

O'siyo,
~ I have a few wonderful stories (in my opinion) to share! While on my journey throughout the deep South tongue.gif I encountered some wonderful 'spirits' hypocrite.gif
~ The first spirit I saw was at Vicksburg, Mississippi at the Civil War Battlefield/Park. Of course everyone sees spirits on a battlefield or in a cemetery right? I went there really believing that I wouldn't see anything because it would be somewhat common and obvious dry.gif While walking these grounds I went up to one of the memorials dedicated to Lt. Gen. John C. Pemberton, Confederate..without thinking I took both hands and touched his eyes on the statue...it was a hot day, around 89, and when I touched his eyes my hands went cold dontgetit.gif I continued my tour through the battlefield but, had the strongest feeling that something was following me~ It was a day without a breeze yet, each tyme this 'spirit' was watching me I would see and hear the ruffles of tree branches on just a few trees around me~ Every other tree in the battlefield was still~ lookaround.gif Once when I was high on a knoll I looked down into a valley of sorts and saw a hazy, gray mist walking into the woods~ This spirit was wearing a Confederate uniform and in my opinion it wasn't a uniform of a 'common soldier'..I felt this spirit for the remainder of my tyme on the battlefield rolleyes.gif
~ The 'wild thing' about this encounter is this past weekend, Halloween, I was watching a show on the Travel Channel about Haunted Places and one of the stories featured the Vicksburg Memorial Battlefield/Park.. it mentioned that Pemberton 'enjoys' following women both on the battlefield and at the Whaley House which is on the battlefield..it has been reported that many females have claimed to have seen him walking about rolleyes.gif
~ The whole experience was simply SPLENDID!
~~ Sty-U and happy 'ghost hunting' red_bandana.gif wine.gif
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 01-Nov-2004, 11:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

O'siyo,
~ Another spirit that I encountered was while at an O'ginalli's home..We were sitting outside when all of a sudden and out of nowhere came this huge black shadow unsure.gif It was dark outside so I couldn't really 'see' what it was but, it made a huge shadow on the side of the house and when it went by me, I felt as if an ice cold bucket of water had just been thrown on me..I felt sick to my stomach..it wasn't an unpleasant encounter just one that made me shudder tongue.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 02-Nov-2004, 12:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

O'siyo,
~ Yet another spirit story tongue.gif I have to say this was my favourite and most intense encounter while on my journey wink.gif
~ I was riding on Nachez Trace in Miss when I found myself stopped and walking down this trail that lead to a community/town, what was left of it, that disappeared so to speak in the late1800's/early1900's...the only structure left was this old church~ It was beautiful! I walked up the trail and made my way inside~ When I first walked in you could smell the overwhelming odor of aged wood, almost a stale smell but so inviting! rolleyes.gif The first 'thing' that caught my eye was to the left against a wall sitting in a pew was an older man~ Looked to may have been a farmer because of the overalls and straw hat~ He smelled of a faint wood burning stove odor ( I hope that makes sense)..He never turned around to look at me, he stared straight ahead as if watching something..my guess was he was waiting for the service to begin~ sleep.gif
~ I walked around ended up in the front of the church where I sat down on a pew in the front row~ A O'ginalli walked up to the podium and I asked them to read something from the Bible that was on the stand..As they began to read a few passages a petite, African-American lady walked right through the wall of the church!! eek.gif My O'ginalli was reading this entire tyme~ I looked at this lady in disbelief, not genuine disbelief but, a feeling that I couldn't believe I just saw what I did unsure.gif I kept staring at her when she finally turned to me, put her finger on her lips as to say 'Shhhhh' and then she pointed up to the podium where my O'ginalli was reading..Without second thought I turned and looked at my O'ginalli and when I glanced back over to the corner, the lady was gone sad.gif I just sat there for a bit taking it all in and still being able to 'see' the man in the corner..I remember thinking to myself, 'why doesn't he leave?'....About that tyme my left arm came off of my lap and into the air as if someone was holding it there ohmy.gif I felt someone holding my arm but, it wasn't a cold, uncomfortable feeling..when I looked to my left I saw the lady again and smelled the overwhelming aroma of homemade biscuits! It was amazing! I immediately stood up and was ready to move on wink.gif
~ In back of this church is an old cemetery..it was used to bury the folks of this community, Rocky Springs I believe was the name of the lost town..I'll have to double check as I visited so many places..walking back there once you walked through the iron gates there was an immediate temperature drop~ huh.gif I felt a lot of uneasiness there~ I saw the lady again standing in the corner over by a tall rock headstone~ I didn't see a name on it anywhere but, suspected that it was this ladies~ After my adventures there I walked back down the trail and sat down on the ground..when I visit graveyards/cemetaries I get a wicked headache~ So before riding on my way, I wanted to get my 'wits' back~ While sitting there I heard someone walking up behind me..I never 'saw' anything but heard a voice in almost a whisper say 'Ruth'...I had been thinking about what this ladies name could've been and I guess you could say I got my answer wink.gif
~ Blessed and splendid encounters!
~~ Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 02-Nov-2004, 10:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Maches Trace is a beautiful area smile.gif I may have to check that church out sometime if I ever get back down there smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 02-Nov-2004, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Freekenny,

I think Ruth really enjoyed your visit, and the fact that you stayed calm while seeing her may have been reassuring for her as well. Maybe she took your arm in an attempt to invite you over for tea and biscuits! I'm glad it was a positive experience for you both. (Did your O'ginalli notice anything?) I hope you do get a chance to go back for a longer visit, and find out more about the history of the village and why it's now nearly gone.

Lt.Gen.Pemberton sounds like quite a character! I bet he kept things interesting while he was alive! laugh.gif

What a great trip you had! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
freekenny 
Posted: 02-Nov-2004, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

O'siyo Aaediwen,
~ Indeed Nachez Trace is splendid! You really should check out that ol' church and cemetery eek.gif It is full of 'spirits'! The Trace was interesting because where I was at was the last place one could stop for provisions while heading North~
~ The one thing that kept 'hitting' me like a ton of bricks, both here and on the Vicksburg Civil War Battlefield, was the overwhelming realization that Native Americans, Soldiers, Generals, Town Folk, Slaves and people of many ethnic backgrounds literally walked on the soil I stood on happy.gif It was humbling! There was so MUCH ENERGY everywhere I went! It was splendid!
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 02-Nov-2004, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

QUOTE (freekenny @ 02-Nov-2004, 01:40 AM)
O'siyo,
~ Another spirit that I encountered was while at an O'ginalli's home..We were sitting outside when all of a sudden and out of nowhere came this huge black shadow unsure.gif It was dark outside so I couldn't really 'see' what it was but, it made a huge shadow on the side of the house and when it went by me, I felt as if an ice cold bucket of water had just been thrown on me..I felt sick to my stomach..it wasn't an unpleasant encounter just one that made me shudder tongue.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

Freekenny,

Have you ever encountered this type of thing before? What do you think it was? unsure.gif Was your friend also able to see it (and have a reaction to it), and if so what did they think? Has it ever happened there before (is it a resident threat)? I wonder where this thing came from and what its intentions were. I wouldn't want to live near something that hostile.

Glad you're okay.
Dreamer1
freekenny 
Posted: 02-Nov-2004, 03:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 02-Nov-2004, 04:10 PM)
Freekenny,

I think Ruth really enjoyed your visit, and the fact that you stayed calm while seeing her may have been reassuring for her as well. Maybe she took your arm in an attempt to invite you over for tea and biscuits! I'm glad it was a positive experience for you both. (Did your O'ginalli notice anything?) I hope you do get a chance to go back for a longer visit, and find out more about the history of the village and why it's now nearly gone.

Lt.Gen.Pemberton sounds like quite a character! I bet he kept things interesting while he was alive! laugh.gif

What a great trip you had! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dreamer1

O'siyo Dreamer,
~ Indeed my O'ginalli did notice somethings tongue.gif They noticed the smell of biscuits, saw Ruth lift my arm and heard her follow us down the trail~ My O'ginalli also felt a bit 'uneasy' in the cemetery unsure.gif
~ Perhaps Ruth did want to invite me for tea and biscuits but, think she could've just tapped me on the shoulder? tongue.gif Would've been a bit less-shocking! lol.gif
~As for the town Rocky Springs, the reasons it became known as the 'Lost Town' was because first, yellow-fever took its toll on the folks killing many..secondly, the boll-weavel become a nuisance destroying the crops which was devastating and caused starvation and caused several people to leave the town..thirdly, the farmers failed to keep their soil 'up to par' and the longer the soil was abused and not nurtured the soil was no longer fit to use for crops..the soil there was from a Prehistoric-Dust Storm and the more the farmers used it the more this 'poor soil' was exposed~ Something that I found 'unusual' and odd at best was the fact that the town got its name from the ample Springs/Water supply and without warning, the Springs 'dried up'~ unsure.gif
~ In Native American culture and with some tribes this is a 'bad omen'..it gave warning to all that this particular land needed to be left alone for there are sacred 'spirits' on that land and being there is being disrespectful sleep.gif So the 'sacred spirits' would 'cause' the land to be uninhabitable~
~ I agree with you Dreamer about Pemberton! wink.gif Typical man! whistling.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
freekenny 
Posted: 02-Nov-2004, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 02-Nov-2004, 04:19 PM)
QUOTE (freekenny @ 02-Nov-2004, 01:40 AM)
O'siyo,
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif

Freekenny,

Have you ever encountered this type of thing before? What do you think it was? unsure.gif Was your friend also able to see it (and have a reaction to it), and if so what did they think? Has it ever happened there before (is it a resident threat)? I wonder where this thing came from and what its intentions were. I wouldn't want to live near something that hostile.

Glad you're okay.
Dreamer1

O'siyo Dreamer,
~ Aye, my O'ginalli did see this entity! They 'saw' the shadow on the side of the house~They told me that the hair on their neck and arms stood straight up~ It came up behind them and that is when I first 'saw' it~ unsure.gif I have encountered what I call 'dark shadows' but oddly enough never outside! It kinda took me aback because it came out of no where! eek.gif Not certain to what it was but, I could speculate and say perhaps that 'something' attached itself to me or my O'ginalli at the Civil War Battlefield? sad.gif One could also speculate and claim it was just a spirit finding its way 'home'~ I do know that it attempted to walk through the house, perhaps to enter the home, but to no avail~ That is when all of a sudden I felt that cold, sick to my stomach feeling then I 'saw' it above me then it was gone~ I know I felt drained after this encounter but, again, it didn't disturb me enough to be 'scared'~ Interesting to say the least! My O'ginalli asked me how many other 'spirits' did I have in store for them to 'see'..I just laughed and whispered, ' I can't help it that I see dead people'.... lol.gif
~~Sty-U red_bandana.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 02-Nov-2004, 09:15 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

female

laugh.gif Just tell them that life is much more interesting when you're around!

Dreamer1
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]