CelticRoz 
Posted: 20-Feb-2005, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 20-Feb-2005, 02:55 PM)
I may have to change the last two numbers in my name. The player who wore #30 for the White Sox, Magglio Ordoņez, signed with the Detroit Tigers. Not only did he sign with a division rival, he had more than a few parting shots for my beloved South Siders fyou.gif !

Oops, Mike! doesn't sound good.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Agrona Borimar 
Posted: 24-Feb-2005, 10:34 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

female

I wanted a good strong name to use on this and other boards that would be unique enough for me to carry over. I do believe I found it.

Amongh other things, I'm a history and mythology buff and have finally begun to expand from Egyptian and Roman/Greek mythology into Celtic/Gaelic mythology.

When I found out Agrona was the Celtic goddess of war I was sold. I'm a gentle and affectionate person with playful, if aggressive tendancies and a dark side.

Borimar obviously from Boromir of LOTR. Hollywood so rarely you could almost say never, has men I find handsome. I don't like that GQ look. yucky.gif Years ago when I was in highschool my father described my kind of man perfectly: Viking, neanderthal, wreslter wannabe. Long blond or red hair, bearded/goateed, ruggedly handsome, tall, burly, and powerfull looking. Sean Bean as Boromir filled that role beautifully. I've not seen cinematic eye candy like that before. thumbup.gif

Anyway, that's how my name came about.
PMEmail Poster               
Lil 
Posted: 24-Feb-2005, 12:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

QUOTE (Agrona Borimar @ 24-Feb-2005, 11:34 AM)

Borimar obviously from Boromir of LOTR.  Hollywood so rarely you could almost say never, has men I find handsome.  I don't like that GQ look.  yucky.gif  Years ago when I was in highschool my father described my kind of man perfectly: Viking, neanderthal, wreslter wannabe.  Long blond or red hair, bearded/goateed, ruggedly handsome, tall, burly, and powerfull looking.  Sean Bean as Boromir filled that role beautifully.  I've not seen cinematic eye candy like that before.  thumbup.gif

Anyway, that's how my name came about. 

I'll have to agree with you there, Agrona, Sean Bean WAS gorgeous as Boromir, probably the first movie role that I actually ( crybaby.gif when he died ) liked his character and didn't want to shove him off of a cliff somewhere.

I actually liked Aragorn, too,wub.gif Legolas was yummy for my daughter, though, she's the one who went wub.gif dribble.gif over him.

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
Agrona Borimar 
Posted: 25-Feb-2005, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacAlder

female

You know, Lil, my husband said something to me a couple of weeks ago that I still reluctantly admit to. He's convinced that my subconscious mind chose this name for me. His statement was, "Agrona Borimar eh? 'Ah-Groanfor-Boromir.' (you've got to think southern accent when you say this)"

Bratman. I could see his point all too easily. I told him as much but pointedly said that it was completely unintentional. Good thing is that if he gives me shite about Boromir going forward I can use the subconscious scapegoat.
PMEmail Poster               
Lil 
Posted: 25-Feb-2005, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

QUOTE (Agrona Borimar @ 25-Feb-2005, 09:50 AM)
You know, Lil, my husband said something to me a couple of weeks ago that I still reluctantly admit to.  He's convinced that my subconscious mind chose this name for me.  His statement was, "Agrona Borimar eh?  'Ah-Groanfor-Boromir.' (you've got to think southern accent when you say this)"

Bratman.  I could see his point all too easily.  I told him as much but pointedly said that it was completely unintentional.  Good thing is that if he gives me shite about Boromir going forward I can use the subconscious scapegoat.

Lol, I know exactly what you mean! lol.gif I have the accent, too, kinda inbetween West Virginia hillbilly and Florida cracker as I have lived exactly 1/2 my life in each place, lol. but I have to say that when we come back from family reunions, the WVA part gets reeeeealy thick again!

Heehee and as for being a bratman, aren't they all?

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 26-Feb-2005, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

QUOTE (Lil @ 25-Feb-2005, 07:00 PM)
... I have the accent, too, kinda inbetween West Virginia hillbilly and Florida cracker as I have lived exactly 1/2 my life in each place, lol. but I have to say that when we come back from family reunions, the WVA part  gets reeeeealy thick again!

Lil,

You forgot "By God" when you mentioned West Virginia(as in West "By God" Virginia)! biggrin.gif

MacE (descended from more than a few West Virginian's, known as just plain Virginian's prior to 1863)

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

Š Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]