Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,916 Gold!

Please note that we believe our Celtic Radio workstation is no longer able to function properly anymore. Therefore, emails, orders and support have come to a grinding halt. We were able to revive it just long enough to back up some important data, but it looks like we are going to have to replace this machine tomorrow to continue.

In addition, while working on the workstation, we decided to plug in a 600 watts handheld vacum cleaner to our electric grid in the studio which instantly blew the breaker in our UPS device and sent all of our servers on a hard crash. (we were trying to clean dust in the workstation).

Needless to say, the database became corrupt and we had to restore to a back up from last night. So any posts today have been lost.

Not sure if I should touch anything else, but hopefully we can find a new computer on clearance or sale tomorrow so we can get our support and development back on track!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
McRoach 
Posted: 02-Jan-2009, 11:09 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
813,450 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

That would certainly explain where everything went tonight! rolleyes.gif

Thanks for the update hope you can get some new equipment soon. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 02-Jan-2009, 11:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

OK. That's what happens when you speak critically about the Land of Israel. angel_not.gif Good luck with the equipment search.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,916 Gold!

Well. seems like it might be the power supply. Atleast one of the diagnosis programs we ran showed the voltage, which is suppose to be at 3.3.v; at .58!!!

Problem is not sure if it is worth it laying down $50-$70 for a new powersupply on a 6 year old machine. I was shocked that you can pick up a basic computer for about $300 which would certainly run alot faster then this old clunker.

Well, atleast we have the radio server to check on things yesterday and today!

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 07:02 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Hope you'll be able to get things back to normal Paul thumbs_up.gif

And this is where I take this opportunity to encourage all that have an account here at CR that though it is a free station to upgrade your account as a Founder subscriber as a show of support for this great site and help the administrators continue their work and entertain all of us.

Come on people, think about what this great place brings to all of us, I read in some posts that not only it brings peace with the music but it has change and help some in their lives by communication with people from around the world.

Join the Founders Club here and help keep this great place alive and well for a long time to come. Founders Club Subscription

LOA smile.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 04-Jan-2009, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,916 Gold!

Thanks for your support! Good news, we picked up a new Gateway computer for our workstation. Been spending most of the time the past 2 days moving all of our development stuff over and graphic studio.

Its going to be atleast a number of days before we are caught up on emails, but we hope to be more productive and start developing again on the site with this new speed demon. I guess I did not realize how much faster computers are today.

While we have upgraded our servers with the latest technology we were holding off on our workstation and try to make due. Well, hopefully we can get 3 times as much done with this new.

BTW, our new workstation has 8 GB of RAM, a Quad AMD processor (2.2 ghz x 4) and alot of good multimedia stuff to help us convert files quickly for the station. Its going to take us a while to pay this new piece of equipment off, so any help would be much appreciated.
subhuman 
Posted: 05-Jan-2009, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

You probably already know this, but you have to use a 64-bit OS to take advantage of more than 4GB of RAM.
Also, you should be aware that the Phenom processors with xx00 model numbers have a TLB (Translation Lookaside Buffer) error which impacts performance at least 10%. If yours is a newer one with an xx50 model number it does not have this problem.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenom_(processor)

I made the mistake a few weeks ago of not researching before purchasing and didn't find out about this until after I had placed my order. The really irritating part is finding out there's less than a $10 price increase for a "fixed" Phenom plus that includes a heat sink and fan- so it's actually cheaper than flawed ones!

I also have a lot of hardware lying around that I'd be willing to donate. All of it is used, so I wouldn't rely on it for a primary server, but if you're looking for a backup SQL server (from the error message that's what crashed) they should work fine. Mainly single-core Celerons in the 2.6-3GHz range but that would be sufficient for a dedicated MySQL machine.

Drop me a line if you want specifics and/or more details.

--------------------
I have two modes: wiseass and dumbass. Mode is determined by current blood alcohol level.

Drinking is a sport. In order to be competitive, you must practice on a regular basis. Although you can practice alone, it is much more fun to practice with friends. If you're out of shape and practice too hard, you will regret it the next day.

Life is a disease. It is sexually transmitted and always terminal.
PMEmail Poster               
Killian 
Posted: 07-Jan-2009, 09:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #43
39,168 Gold!

thank you subhuman, we did purchase the newer processor 9550 that does not have the problems and i was not aware that you needed 64bit os for above 4gb (i should know as i fix computers).

the computer came with windows vista 64 bit.

unfortunately, i am writing to tell you that Paul is going to be away from the site for 1-2 weeks as he is layed up with his back. he's going to physical therapy today, but pretty much is limited in what he can do.

thanks for the offer. the servers that run highlander radio have been upgraded i think last year. paul was using a workstation that was from 2001? that was band aided together. he should have upgraded it like 2 years ago it was so slow, but maybe once he gets back he can do alot more with the faster machine.

now i got to figure out the contest this month, its going to be late im sorry!

--------------------
Sara Aitken MacArthur - aka 'Radio Girl'
Highlander Radio
http://www.celticradio.net
PMEmail Poster               
subhuman 
Posted: 07-Jan-2009, 08:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacWillow

Realm: 127.0.0.1

male

PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 02-Apr-2009, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Woah!!! I'm quite dizzy wacko.gif here...everytime I click on a subject or click to post a reply or use my PM feature the site comes down...every time...

As the evil leprechaun came back but with an army now???

LOA smile.gif

PM My Photo Album               
Harlot 
Posted: 02-Apr-2009, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

I am happy to see that I am not the only one feeling a little off with this. I am sure they will have this fixed soon and all will be well. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Arabella 
Posted: 02-Apr-2009, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacWillow

Realm: USA

female

I managed to get the music on this morning when I first got to work, thank goodness, and it stayed on all day. As LOA said it was a dizzy experience today. Made the day way too long not to have the forums to read. So far so good now. thumbs_up.gif

Val
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 02-Apr-2009, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,916 Gold!

Yes, a problem with the database today going up and down. We traced it back to some settings we changed that most likely were causing the problem. We also had an issue with Live365 yesterday which was not related to any of our servers.

While these issues are annoying, we remain confident that our system is stable and that these issues are caused by us trying to perfect the settings of the entire system. Once we got everything worked out, then we expect long term stability of the system with little to no down time.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 08:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,916 Gold!

Shhhh, everyone be quite - I think the issues are resolved but we don't want those pesky leprachauns to hear that!

A good few days with no reported problems. The system has been stabilized! thumbs_up.gif
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 04-Apr-2009, 07:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

ph34r.gif
PM My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]