MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 27-Feb-2005, 02:58 PM)
That's in the city, Mike. If you ever been around a bunch of horse wranglers and motorcyclist, who are definetly not gay you would change your mind. When hubby and I go out on the motorcycle and the weather is cool we both always wear our leather chaps.

Dreamer1, I agree about the cowboy boots and the chaps, I prefer those on guys any ol' day! wink.gif

maggiemahone1

I know that. I was just being humorous.

If I ever own a motorcycle (which would be a Harley-I hate those rice rockets), I would most definitely wear all the protective gear. The helmet would have a replica German WWI one though biggrin.gif .

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 27-Feb-2005, 04:13 PM)
[If I ever own a motorcycle (which would be a Harley-I hate those rice rockets), I would most definitely wear all the protective gear. The helmet would have a replica German WWI one though biggrin.gif .

On a serious note here, MDF. I'm German and I don't feel amused at all by reading this. I'm trying to keep my answer nice and clean and NOT offending BUT...

The whole world is blaming us for our role during the WWs but most surprisingly there will always be people all over the world who love to wear symbols of German militaria...which sense does it make? Are they aware of WHAT this stuff is standing for? They should not forget about that in their attempt to (possibly) look "cool"... I can't get the ends together here, I'm very sorry.

I have been spending 20 years of my life and more with motorcyclists and riding a bike...and I can tell you that it is OFTEN people wearing this stuff who are giving motorcyclists a bad name.

Perhaps you should give it a second thought.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 04:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 27-Feb-2005, 04:03 PM)
BTW, if girls are gonna wear those low rider jeans, then they should also wear a thong. I've seen girls wearing tighty whities with 'em and it looks terrible.

I don't think this forum, or any other for that matter is the place to be making comments like that. I don't think anyone here, least of all the women, give a hoot about your preferances for what women wear. furious.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 04:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Irish Stepper @ 27-Feb-2005, 04:31 PM)
I don't think this forum, or any other for that matter is the place to be making comments like that. I don't think anyone here, least of all the women, give a hoot about your preferances for what women wear. furious.gif

Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking when I wrote that.

Also, Gabby, I'm sorry if I offended you. Very thoughtless of me.
urian 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 27-Feb-2005, 02:45 PM)
QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 27-Feb-2005, 02:35 PM)
Hey gals, I don't know about you but I don't think Cowboy Boots should be limited to us women.  I know a lot of men who look maaarvelous in them!  (That goes for leather chaps, too!  dribble.gif )

Dreamer1  laugh.gif

There are men who wear them. Mostly in the gay community.

I take exception to that ,MIke.

I own cowboy boots and I have many friends you own boots and chaps and there ARENT GAY and neither am I.

Many of them use them to help gaurd against road rash in cash they turn their bikes overs while they're driving them.
the rest are ranches and actually cowboys who use them to gaurd their legs against catci and the like(as well as snakes)

so..again. I take GREAT exception to that
so..in the future..pleae refain from such broad and derogatory generalizations.

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
VetteGal 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 27-Feb-2005, 04:35 PM)
Sorry about that. I wasn't thinking when I wrote that.

Also, Gabby, I'm sorry if I offended you. Very thoughtless of me.

Mike,
You are a moderator, now you should give yourself a warning for that as I have seen you give other's warnings for doing the same thing you have just done. As the saying goes, What is good for the goose is good for the gander. You wouldn't want to be shown that you are unfair in you moderating duties now would you? If you can post things like that then you shouldn't punish others that do it as well. Just my $.02.

--------------------
Blessed Be.

Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again.

Do as ye will, but harm ye none.

Nikki
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Annabelle 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

My my my talking about my buddy's! Many my best friends are gay and they are still people that I dearly love! So I detest negative remarks about anyone! And especially generalizing. Gay people are still people.

Also many of my dear friends are German. They are also people even some of them are gay to but they don't deserve bashing. People sometimes punish another generation for something that happened in another and that isn't fair.

Also I love thongs! They are my favorite wear items. And If you don't have the bunn's for it, exercise em til you have nice firm ones! Don't punish those thong and chap wearers. I prefer the black leather thongs myself!

So be nice!

Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Time out! I don't think Mike meant any offence to anyone. He did apologize and I think we should accept his apology and let it be.

Your kindly moderator who is trying to keep the peace!
maggiemahone1
MDF3530 
  Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 08:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

I meant to be humorous. If anyone was offended, I apologize. I'll try to be more cautious and respectful next time.

I raised my own warn level. I had intended to do it even before I read VetteGal's post.
VetteGal 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 09:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

Mike et. al.,
I really have to commend you on being fair. I really just wish that noone had to be warned about anything. Personally I think that if someone makes a comment that is unpopular and they apologise for it that should be the end of the matter. I think it is really between the parties themselves to work out their differences hopefully outside the forum (via PM). Such tight policeing does not really need to be done. Now if someone were to report a post, then the mods should get involved. I would say that as a group we have a great bunch of people. Plus, with people from all over different things might be offensive to someone but not to the person saying it. It also has to do with location, upbringing, ethnicity, education level, and a myriad of other factors. I nicely worded PM to the parties involved would probably get more results than warning people. Give the time for feelings to cool before sending off a post to reply to something that you don't like. Reread it to make sure your not misreading something. I really like it here, just miss absent friends.
Shamalama 
Posted: 28-Feb-2005, 07:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Yeah, time for my 2¢.

1. I wear cowboy boots. Everyday. To church even. I've worn them for years. This morning I'm wearing a wonderful pair of J. Chisholm black leathers.

2. I haven't heard Brother MDF3530 speak ill of anyone (unless they're members of the Republican Party) since I've been here. I took his comments about gays and boots as tongue-in-cheek. Do you know one of the most recent "fashions" in the gay community? Kilts (I hope we of Celtic origins don't let them steal kilts from us).

3. Gays are as good as anyone else. My best co-worker, a guy I've worked closely with for the last 15 years, is a card-carrying member of the Rainbow Club. He jokes about straights, and I joke about gays. But I would stand to defend him on anything. Although the thought of him wearing only black leather chaps to work causes me to scratch my eyes out.

4. Women with visible tighty whities is a personal preference. Some see them as attractive, some see them as unsightly. So what? Does "giving a hoot about your preferances" disallow the option of posting your preferences? Insensitive: maybe. Shouldn't post: let's be careful here, lest all of us only post what passes through a filter first.

5. But the MOST important matter is Sister Annabelle's comments about thongs being her "favorite wear items". I certainly believe that a few pictures are needed as proof of her statements.

dribble.gif

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 28-Feb-2005, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Iago @ 26-Feb-2005, 12:50 AM)
Regardless of what is fashionable, maggiemahone, NOTHING beats a good women in black leather chaps......mmmmmmmm

oh...look there....I just turned into one of those old pervs......

~Iago

To quote Richard Thompson...
"...red hair and black leather,
my favorite color schemes..."

-1952 Vincent Black Lighting
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 28-Feb-2005, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

I ain't got no chaps! Just leather thongs! Where did I go wrong? I'z gots da wred hair doe!
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 12:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Just way too strange.

eek.gif

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
PMEmail Poster               
stevenpd 
Posted: 01-Mar-2005, 02:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

QUOTE (Shamalama @ 01-Mar-2005, 10:28 AM)
Just way too strange.

eek.gif

Just couldn't go there!

fear.gif

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]