Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
243,774 Gold!

Press Release from Keltic Nations:

Keltic Nations is a family owned and operated business that handcrafts and retails silver and gold jewellery in the Kanata area of Ottawa, Ontario. In the past, we have been involved with fundraising efforts for local organizations including the Sons of Scotland Pipe Band and the Irish Society of the National Capital Region. We have received numerous requests from organizations around the world for donations towards fundraising efforts but we cannot accommodate all requests.

The Contest

The first contest will be for Pipe Bands. After spending years involved with a number of Pipe Bands in the Ottawa area, we understand the expense of travel and outfitting the band. With this in mind, we have decided to put forward a prize to be used for a fundraising effort to be decided by the winning band (i.e., raffle or auction).

The winning band will be the one that gets the most support votes. A pipe band does not need to register in order to be eligible. If votes are cast for the band, it is automatically in the running. When the first vote is cast for a pipe band, that band will receive an e-mail from us stating that they have been included in the contest. If a pipe band wishes to opt out, it can do so by contacting us and we will no longer count votes that come in for that band. We will also attempt to contact the people who placed those votes so that they can put forward their next choice.

Votes can be cast in two ways. The first is to join our Facebook group, 'Keltic Nations - Celtic Jewelry' http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=45703682949 and follow the instructions there. A Facebook account is needed to join this group. The second way is by filling out the form on our site http://www.kelticnations.com . A person voting via Facebook can also vote using the form on our site and vice versa, therefore, each person can potentially place two votes. Each individual registering a vote from our website form will have a chance to win a sterling silver necklace handmade by us. Three draws will take place and a necklace will be awarded on each occasion. Prize includes shipping but the winner may be subject to taxes and import duties, depending on where they live.

The Prize

The winning band will receive certificates for two sterling silver rings with 14k gold raised borders. These certificates will be valid for one year from the closing date of the contest (valid to August 31, 2010). The value of these rings is $300 to $350 each for a total of $600 to $700 Cdn depending on the design and size (*approximate values in other currencies can be found by using our currency converter). The certificates can be used as a single prize or they can be awarded as two separate prizes in any fundraising effort to be decided upon by the winning band. The certificates can also be used towards the purchase of 14k gold rings, if the winner so wishes. If this option is chosen, each certificate will be valued at $300 Cdn. The certificates cannot be combined to purchase one ring.

Since the initial response to the contest has been amazing, we have decided to add a second place prize. The band that ends up in second place will receive a certificate for one sterling silver ring with 14k gold raised borders (value $300 to $350 Cdn).

Information and rules concerning the contest can be found on our website at http://www.kelticnations.com along with pictures of the prizes and current standings.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]