Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7038992.stm

It was also sent to the Archbishop of Canterbury, the heads of the Lutheran, Methodist and Baptist churches, the Orthodox Church's Patriarch of Constantinople Bartholomew I and other Orthodox Patriarchs.

The letter, entitled A Common Word Between Us and You, compares passages in the Koran and the Bible, concluding that both emphasise "the primacy of total love and devotion to God", and the love of the neighbour.

With Muslims and Christians making up more than half the world's population, the letter goes on, the relationship between the two religious communities is "the most important factor in contributing to meaningful peace around the world".

"As Muslims, we say to Christians that we are not against them and that Islam is not against them - so long as they do not wage war against Muslims on account of their religion, oppress them and drive them out of their homes," the letter says......
(more at link above)

Read the entire document here.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs...0_07_letter.pdf

So, what do you guys think? Is it about time, or what?

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 11-Oct-2007, 01:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Let me say that as a member of a nondenominational, fundamentalist, evangelical, bible-bangin' church: it's about frickin' time! It's about time that someone has decided to speak about our similarities rather than our differences. It's about time that someone has said, let us seek peace, instead of conflict.
Also, another part of me is ashamed that it was not a Christian group that made this first step. But I am glad it was made and hope (and pray) that something good comes of this.
PMEmail Poster               
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 11-Oct-2007, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
43,559 Gold!

Main stream Islam has always advocated peaceful co-exitance. It is the extremists who preach war and want to kill all "infidels".

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
dundee 
Posted: 12-Oct-2007, 08:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

dont hate muslims however i have not heard and out cry from "mainstream" muslims denouncing the terrorist faction of their religion... and how do you tell mainstream from radical...

to quote a great leader:

"It's still trust but verify. It's still play, but cut the cards. It's still watch closely. And don't be afraid to see what you see." note.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
oldraven 
Posted: 12-Oct-2007, 09:02 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (dundee @ 12-Oct-2007, 07:05 AM)
dont hate muslims however i have not heard and out cry from "mainstream" muslims denouncing the terrorist faction of their religion... and how do you tell mainstream from radical...

to quote a great leader:

"It's still trust but verify. It's still play, but cut the cards. It's still watch closely. And don't be afraid to see what you see." note.gif

See above, for what you are waiting for. Really, read the pdf. They are trying to show the separation of Islam and the extremists.
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 12-Oct-2007, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Oh, and their religion has made no such attacks. Islamic Extremist groups like the Taliban (akin to our Inquisitions or Which hunters........ loosely) have launched these attacks and take full responsibility for them.

Sorry for the double post but............ well I've said it enough times.
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 13-Dec-2007, 01:43 PM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

I live in a suburb of Detroit. One of the other suburbs, Dearborn, has the highest population of Arabs and others of Middle Eastern descent in the world outside of the Middle East itself. On 9/11, there were Imams (Muslim clerics) all over the air waves denouncing the attacks. The entire Muslim community in the Detroit area in general was outraged. I have seen many, many outreaches by Muslim leaders. I myself considered converting to Islam over the summer because there is a great beauty and spirituality to it. When I visited a local mosque I was greeted warmly with open arms. Everyone told me "Salaam Aleichem" which means "Peace of God be with you". Did I mention I'm a fair complected white man with blue eyes?

Anyone who hates Muslims just for the fact that they are Muslim really needs to get their facts straight.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 23-Dec-2007, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I think its a nice start but there is still a long way to go. Interesting point for me and I imagine other Catholics was the date. Oct. 13th 2007 is the 90th anniversary of the visions of Our Lady of Fatima, Portugal. Very well known apparition site in Catholic circles. Whats even stranger is Fatima or Fatimah, is the name of the daughter of the Islamic prophet Muhammad, and wife of Ali, the first Shia Islam. It will be interesting watching the progress on this.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]