> The Fae!, all things faery discussion
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Sep-2004, 05:00 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Yeah, it wasn't a real terrific movie but the only one I have seen on the Fae! Some were pretty and some were really ugly, I remember. It comes on the TV every now and then. Wish I could remember the title of it!

You would think with all this interests in Faes that there would be movies out there about them! sad.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
bubba 
Posted: 24-Sep-2004, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Northeast Wisconsin

male

The Blue Bird? There's also Willow, The Neverending Story and Legend.

--------------------
[SIZE=7]Curtesie is cumbersom to them that kens it not.
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 03:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Neverending story isn't about Fae. None of those are the movie we're trying to think of.I remember they could change size. That one busted the clay pot that the guy tried to trap him in.... Darned if I could just think of the title...

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 03:44 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Google comes through for us once again! FOUND IT!

THE FAIRY KING OF AR
CelticRoz 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 03:03 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

That's it! Aaediwen! The Fairy King of AR! You did wonderful! Thank you so much! I have seen that film a couple of times and I really love it, don't you? smile.gif
Aaediwen 
Posted: 26-Sep-2004, 04:06 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

I'm not running to click a 'buy it now' link like I was with Roan Inish, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again smile.gif
celticwoodsman 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

Realm: NY, USA

male

Bubba, I state a non-confrontational appology before I make a statement sometimes because I know that there is a chance for offense. As for movies with fae I think some of the midsummers nights movies are good depictions of some fae life.

--------------------
You will not go hungry until I starve, you shall not go thirsty as I have drink, you shall have my bed and be warm, you shall sit on my right as we feast in the great halls of our ancestors, and for when we die, and go to the great battle of valhalla....we shall stand together and fight ....at the end we shall look upon each other strewn with the blood of OUR enemies, and then....I shall call you FRIEND
PMEmail Poster                
bubba 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 09:08 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

male

Celticwoodsman, no apologies nedded with me unless you call me nasty names smile.gif I have some thoughts on the Fae that are a bit different than most. I wouldn't dignify it by calling it a theory since I have absolutely no evidence of any kind for it. I think the Fae were/are a subset of the human species post Neanderthal that may have been relatively widespread but not in large numbers. They were eventually absorbed into the primary human population. The legends of the Fae, Sidhe and others is a kind of memory of them and some of their traits still exist in the human population. I know it's different than most people think about it but it makes an odd kind of sense to me since myths and legends usually have some small basis in fact buried in them. I might be completely off the wall with it, who knows.
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 09:35 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

OH MY! LOL! Are you talking evolution??? LOL!

I whole heartedly agree that there were many "types" of humans in the past and I agree that you can still see the vestages here today.

Legends do in fact hold truths ( not to be insultive, that is what the christian bible is ) and truths can be found buried in all legends that have survived time.

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
bubba 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 09:57 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

male

I knew that would get a rise out of someone. wink.gif It just seems to be the most likely explaination for the legends and stories. Not so much evolution as survival of the fittest and the tendancy of a weaker group to join a stronger one for safety. I imagine it'll draw a few chuckles but it's worth considering as a SWAG. (SWAG = Scientific Wild Assed Guess)
PMEmail Poster               
celticwoodsman 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 03:19 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

male

bubba: nasty name nasty name tongue.gif

There are cultural explanations to lycanthropes and vampyrism, so why not fae? I find it funny, but at the same time there actually but be a glimmer of truth to it. Travelling circus folk, do they not have some attributes of what we deem fae? Perhaps fae were assimilated and protected by the "Rohmanie" or some type of gypsie tribe....some that have lil use for iron, and spend a lot of time in wooded areas? Even in a slightly fantasy idea....I think its kinda cool. Actually if someone wrote a book with that as a premise I would read it.
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Aaediwen @ 26-Sep-2004, 05:06 AM)
I'm not running to click a 'buy it now' link like I was with Roan Inish, but I wouldn't mind seeing it again smile.gif

Me neither, Aaediwen! I really enjoyed the movie each time I have seen it, but it is not something I would go out and buy. smile.gif
Lady Anandrea 
  Posted: 03-Oct-2004, 12:18 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Nova Scotia Canada

female

I am definately a believer in the Fae! There have been too many "coincidences" in the past few years for me to not be.I am also a Faery Oracle reader which helps me relieve stress for myself as well as others,its all in good faith.I believe they are trying to pass on a message to us,as evidenced by the renewed interest in them.The message is if we continue to destroy the earth thru violence,pollution,we not only affect our world but the world of others.The animal world,the plant world,the Fae world.I live in a mountain town,surrounded by beautiful forests,lakes,wetlands and maybe they are called leylines,but there is a definate Fae presence here!

--------------------
***Lady Anandrea***
PMEmail Poster               
celticwoodsman 
Posted: 06-Oct-2004, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Honored Clan Member

ZodiacWillow

male

QUOTE (Lady Anandrea @ 03-Oct-2004, 01:18 AM)
.The message is if we continue to destroy the earth thru violence,pollution,we not only affect our world but the world of others.The animal world,the plant world,the Fae world.

that is so right, although we do need resources of the wyld in order to survive, so as long as we borrow them...i think that is ok. I plant 3-5 seedlings (depending on sp.) for every tree I cut....forest restoration, and conservation is the key. Preservation is nice but too utopic for reality. I have felt the presence of Fae or some spirit when in the woods, and I feel that the reason that I am not worse off is because they understand what I have to do, and what I give back.
PMEmail Poster                
bubba 
Posted: 08-Oct-2004, 08:17 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

male

Celticwoodsman, we can preserve plenty, but you are correct in that we need the resourses to survive. We can use those resourses without destroying the ecosystem and make more intelligent use of them. Our biggest problem is dependence on nonrenewable resourses. We desparately need to push hard to replace oil use as much as possible and reuse what we've already mined and processed. There's more profit in raping the land than in intelligent conservation, unfortunately and nothing will change until that changes.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]