Posted: 24-Jun-2004, 02:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

QUOTE (peckery @ 24-Jun-2004, 09:27 AM)
Lets not go overboard here. You can make lyrics twist into anything you want. When Shirley Temple sang On the Good Ship Lollipop was she singing about a childs fantasy world or giving oral sex. (You'll awake with a tummy ache)
To make statements like "blatant devilish evil seemed to rule the rock and roll world for many years" is unfair, and with out documentation, unfounded. king.gif

You are right peckery that is crazy talk I.E. Ozzie Osbourn, Slayer, Motely Crue, Stones "sympathy for the Devil" Super Tramp lyrics,"the Devil is my saviour" Kid Rock, "THe Devil KNows my name." All of these people have milked it on one level or another and are just to name a few. I think that is what SC was talking about. The guy is a truck driver after all and having been one myself I know that truckers don't just make stuff up. unsure.gif

Probably just a marketing tool but this appearance never the less in vogue for a time and not with out documentation. Certainly not unfounded.

--------------------
He is no fool who gives up that which he can not keep to gain that which he cannot loose

www.arminta.net
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
peckery 
Posted: 24-Jun-2004, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

male

Yes Ravola, but WE do know its marketing. Lots of people don't. Sad yeah true. king.gif

PS Just because a Christian Rock band says it Christian does not mean the members are......
PMEmail Poster               
Raven 
Posted: 24-Jun-2004, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

QUOTE (peckery @ 24-Jun-2004, 04:09 PM)
Yes Ravola, but WE do know its marketing. Lots of people don't. Sad yeah true. king.gif

PS Just because a Christian Rock band says it Christian does not mean the members are......

don't forget that just because a rock band has Christian members does not mean that it is a Christian Rock band either tongue.gif
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]