maggiemahone1 
Posted: 02-Apr-2005, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I remember those days of the temper tantrums, now I watch my 10 year old granddaughter throw temper tantrums and storm thru the house, I can't help but sit back and smile! biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 06:58 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Awwww, I am so glad I have dogs! tongue.gif laugh.gif

Yep, Shadows! We are anticipating the desert to be really beautiful this year. Hubby's sister and fiance and I are all going off-roading in the desert in a couple weeks to hopefully get some good photos.

I had my party yesterday for about 20 people. It was so funny cause they all drove up here from an hour and a half drive and all arrived at the same time! laugh.gif laugh.gif It was really great. All our friends and family live that far away from us and more. We see family a lot, but unfortunately not our friends as often as we should and they have been close to us as family for more than 20 years. Really special to have friends that long and even longer.

Rindy, it was snowing the whole time on your trip?! Sheesh! Does it ever stop snowing there? biggrin.gif

What did everybody do this weekend?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hiya Rosie!

We didn't do anything much this weekend. Went to get groceries Saturday and ate at the local Mexican restaurant (El Puerto... good stuff!) Then I had to work today... joy! sad.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 09:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Just wanted to let you all know that my dad passed away on Wednesday, the 30th. Since his wishes were to be cremated, we had a small memorial service for the immediate family on Saturday here in Kentucky after the cremation. We will be taking his ashes to Michigan for interment sometime in the next few weeks. At that time, we will have another service for family and friends.

I want to thank everyone for the many prayers over the past few months. They were much appreciated.

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 09:53 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

Oh no! sad.gif Bless your heart! I'll be praying for you and for your family! You have my most heartfelt sympathy. I lost my dad back in '78 when I was a freshman in high school. We were not close, though.
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 03-Apr-2005, 10:35 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: between Arizona & SW New Mexico

female

Many blessings to you & your family in this time of loss. Candles seem to be perpetually burning in my home these days & your father will have one.

CR: I drove to get my daughter-in-law on Thursday (to Silver City, NM & back) & the desert is alive with color! Carpets of goldpoppies are everywhere, lupine -- it was spectacular to see. You should be able to see some beautiful sights going off the beaten path, especially after such a wet winter. I cooked dinner on Friday for my son's 26th birthday. Between some pictures I had developed late (some with my mom) & the Pope's passing, reminding him of his grandmother, he had a few tears to shed. He recovered quickly this time & the day turned out great. Now if only the "right" property would turn up....
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Apr-2005, 12:52 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone!

First of all, Bluegrasslady! I am so very very sorry about the loss of your dad. Your family has had such a difficult time. Thanks for letting us know. I hope you are ok. You all will be in my prayers. How is your husband doing?

Allen, we had Mexican food this weekend too! Lo Sombrero! Sorry you had to work. Will you get a day off this week then?

Hey, CoyoteMoon! So the desert where you were was really beautiful, eh? I bet cause you all get more rain than we do up here. Glad to hear about your son and his birthday. I hope you find some property soon. Hope you are doing well.

I am taking care of a sick hubby who has the crud. I hope I don't get it.......yuk. Other than that, all goes well. It was very windy here today.
CoyoteMoon 
Posted: 05-Apr-2005, 10:06 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacElder

Realm: between Arizona & SW New Mexico

female

Hey CR! Hope hubby is feeling better soon. I thought I had something but am now thinking it must be allergies. I thought the northern part of the state got lots more rain than we did here... flooding in Cottonwood & Sedona. I'll take it, however, as it really is beautiful here. Haven't checked out any of the canyons yet as we were still quite cold at night as of a week ago. No luck on the property as of yet after talking with a half dozen different agents. I really don't understand the difficulty as I see new stuff going in where I like all the time! Guess you've got to know someone to get in on those, but I'll keep trying!

Best to all for a great week!
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 05-Apr-2005, 01:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Sorry for your loss, BG Lady. I lost my dad 20+ years ago and my mother in 2002.
Its tough at any age.

CelticRose and CoyoteMoon,
I neglected to ley tou know my in-laws winter in Arizona, in Mesa. Yeah, they are snowbirds. I hear snowbirds are not too well liked there.

btw,
This is post #200 for me. I'll take my prize in cash please... cool.gif
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 06-Apr-2005, 03:46 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

male

DOn't forget, jpm, that you now get to choose your crown and title! Congratulations! smile.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Apr-2005, 01:11 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hello everbody, been kind of busy lately. Jpmoore congratulations on your 200th posts woohoo!!!! Sorry to hear of your loss.

It is beautiful outside but they are calling for snow this weekend. I have to tell you that Clann An Drumma are playing tonight and Sir Sean Connery will be there. This is for National Tartan Day.

GO CLANN AN DRUMMA!

Won't be long and I will be gardening wishing for cool weather..Is this never happy? rolleyes.gif

Hi ya celticrose if your out there...Have a good day today, I will be thinking about all of you tonight..

Slainte wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Apr-2005, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey there Rindy! I emailed you! wink.gif

Hey Coyotemoon! Property is hard to come by depending on where you look. Yes it is true that the northern part of the state got more rain that where I am. I am in Casa Grande, an hour between Phoenix and Tucson. Usually though, Tucson gets a lot more rain than we do where I live. We just had a party at my house this past Saturday for some of our friends in Tucson. It was really nice to see them all. Keep me posted on how things are going. Allergies are really bad here right now. Hubby is home sick again. He can't tell if they are allergies or a cold, but he feels miserable all over. Problem is is when he is home, I can't play my music as he doesn't like Celtic music. sad.gif Plus with him not feeling well he wants the silence. Oh well. Take care!

JP! 200 posts! Yippee! Good for you! I see you got your Irish crown!

Hey Allen! Hope you are doing well!
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Apr-2005, 07:48 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Celticrose,

I mailed you a picture in your reg. email let me know if it works or what ever. I dearly love the picture. I am sorry your hubby is sick hope he gets well soon. Hope the evening is good for you.
I should get off here and read. My brother loaned me the book, Converstations with God. It might be awhile before I get that read.
Since it is Tartan did you where your plaid?

Here it is almost bedtime again, is anyone else having a problem with the time change?

Have a good evening everyone.
Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Sonee 
Posted: 07-Apr-2005, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Hey all!!! Congrats JP!!! My hero list just keeps getting longer and longer!!! LOL

I'm having serious problems with the time change, Rindy!! I can't seem to sleep before 1am!! And of course my kids come wake me about 5:30!!! Hopefully that goes away soon!!!

Sorry your husband is sick, Rose, and also that he doesn't like celtic music!! As I tell my husband....there's no accounting for taste!!! Hope he gets better soon, if for no other reason than that you'll get you music back!!LOL (oops....did I say that 'out loud'???) unsure.gif

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Apr-2005, 05:25 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello to everyone!

Hubby is still sick and at home, but I am playing Highlander radio anyway! biggrin.gif He is in bed asleep anyway! He has been going to work the past couple days, but coming home early as he is miserable with this cold he has. I don't know, it might really be allergies as the pollen count is very high here right now and something is bothering me too. I don't know if I am trying to get what he has or if it is just allergies. unsure.gif

Sonee, I am a big night owl. It is hard for me to go to sleep at night. Doggie woke me up again last night at 4 am to be fed! I am having to work on her on that one as I usually don't go to bed before 1 or 2 am myself! angel_not.gif

Hey Rindy! No, I didn't wear any tartan as I don't have one. What about you? Haven't received your picture yet. Go CLANN AN DRUMMA who are playing in NY for Tartan Day! Wish I could be there, don't you Rindy? angel_not.gif

Hope everyone is doing well and having good weather.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]