Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,391 Gold!

We will be performing an App upgrade sometime in April and are taking any suggestions for changes to the App.

Right now we are hoping for more compatibility with new phones such as the Galaxy and the Iphone X. We will also be enabling orientation so the screen will move depending on portrait or landscape mode.

Our vendor will be updating all of the behind the scene code, so we are expecting it to function better.

We have about a month until the upgrade so please let us know anything we can do to make it better.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ScrapsMacMutt 
Posted: 14-May-2019, 12:59 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

male

Did you ever fix the app so it works on Android phones? I keep getting a "Connection timeout" message on every channel. I tried logging in/out, uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling the app on my Samsung Galaxy J7 phone but I still get the error message. I tried it through wifi too and no help. My phone's software is up to date. I seem to remember the app working when I first installed it many months ago.
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 14-May-2019, 07:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,391 Gold!

This is very frustrating because Android is requiring true HTTPS radio links when shoutcast does not support (our way of bring the stream to you). This is not affecting Apple or Windows phones.

Yes - we have a solution that we will have ready in several days.

our apologies on this and yes we will also be updating the App.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ScrapsMacMutt 
Posted: 14-May-2019, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 14-May-2019, 07:42 PM)
Yes - we have a solution that we will have ready in several days.

That's great news. Thanks!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 15-May-2019, 06:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,391 Gold!

We now have a special icon for Android listening for our premium members. The Basic Free version of Highlander Radio is where it has always been and now works with Android phones.

One suggestion, you might need to log off and log in to get access to the Android premium channels.

So the premium listening icon is for iPhones, Windows and anything else other than Android.

Android listening is an icon right below the premium icon. Unfortunately, we needed to create a separate tune in link due to some technical issues with Android requiring secure connection.

Any questions, please let us know.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]