Bookmark and Share
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Dec-2007, 05:10 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

I was wondering what methods or tools you use to groom your pets?

I recently found the tool called the Furminator. I have a Schipperke which sheds a lot. This tool goes in and pulls out the hair like you wouldn't believe. My dog loves it and I swear there's less shedding as it claims. I am not one to push products but I would love to hear from anyone who may have used this tool and what you thought good or bad..

It works on cats and horses also.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
ctbard 
Posted: 06-Apr-2008, 10:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Connecticut

female

I take my two airedales to a groomer and get them cut really close, because their so wild in the yard.I really dont even get the traditional airedale cut anymore, leaving the legs long and the back cut short, I never got their coats stripped!
I do leave their eyebrows long and their beards longish, Its quite pricey to bring them in, But, I guess I could get he tools myself, but their so good with the groomer and really love her. When I do let their hair grow a bit, I comb them with a metal wide toothed comb, works the best and doesnt hurt them.Airedales dont shed though since they have hair not fur, opn less you let their coats grow out too much, then they do.
The pug/bulldog I just put in my tub and wash her and do her nails and everything myself

--------------------
The devil whispered behind the leaves, it's pretty but is it art?
Rudyard Kipling
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 06-Apr-2008, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

female

Hi Rindy,
I have a cat with long hair and do you thing that this brush you're talking
about can be use on a cat? And do you buy it at the pet store or the vet?
Thanks.LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 06-Apr-2008, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Northern Plains
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

With the Dachshund it's "wash and wear" tongue.gif , but the sled dogs just get a good brushing now and then. They are pretty self-maintaining.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Apr-2008, 07:22 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

ctbard, I love airedales! My sister always had two at a time. They are very smart dogs. I bet your little pug/bulldog is a cutie.

LOA-they have them for cats. You can get them on Amazon. I bought mine at a Petco. I am anxious to see what it does to my dogs coat at this time of year.

Dogshirt- I had two Dachsunds growing up. I love those dogs. Like you say wash and wear.lol..

If anyone else uses a furminator what do you think of the tool. I had a Sheltie that I had groomed professionaly she would look so pretty. This dog would not let a groomer touch him..think we need the Dog Whisperer in this situation. lol.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Swanny 
Posted: 06-Apr-2008, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Two Rivers, Alaska

male

My sled dog training partner is a professional groomer, and she swears by her FURminator. If she likes it then I'd say it's probably a very effective tool.

--------------------
user posted image "You can't run with the big dogs if you still pee like a puppy".

Stardancer Historical Freight Dogs, Two Rivers, Alaska.

"Aut pax, aut bellum" (Clan Gunn)
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 12-Apr-2008, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I would like to know where to buy the Furminator. I have a Brittany Spaniel as a house dog. In 5 years I have probably vacumed enough hair to make ten dogs. He hates baths and by the time a bath is finished we BOTH have had a flea bath. He is a real piece of work! I should get a video of him when I am playing the pipes and post it on you tube. He is probably the only one to appreciate my efforts. He gets so excited that he hops into the air pretty much in time with the music. I have to remember not to tap my foot or he "takes an interest" in my leg! I guess the drone of the pipes must stir some primitive instinct in him.

My other two pets are a pair of Pythons that belong to my Grandsons. One of the boys was bitten so I am keeping them. They are really low maintainance. Just toss them some live rats every couple of weeks keep the water bowl full and replace the bark bedding once a month. Turns out they are male and female and last year the female laid a dozen eggs. She is about to again. I have an incubator now so these should hatch and the boys will be "reptile dealers." They read that there are two color phases that are worth thousands of dollars. You should see the wish lists. Cars, computers, electronics and sporting goods. I fear they are going to be really disappointed. A lot of people no longer come to visit because of the snakes.

Slàinte,   

Patch
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 15-Apr-2008, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

Swanny thanks for the reply. I know its good if your involved. thumbs_up.gif I bought my furminator at Petco. I am sure there's lots of places to purchase this tool I think Amazon sells it as well. Hope this helps. Thanks for the responses and I hope your are able to find one Patch. Let us know if you like it or not. Watch out for the legs a friend of mine had one and it wraped around his legs till he couldn't move an inch. It was kind of spooky the snake finally gave up not sure why. Oh keep us posted on the babies will you. How cool!! I had a couple of bullsnakes and a Hognose snake. I don't mind snakes at all. Unless they are venomous.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt