Posted: 29-Jul-2005, 10:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi all you gal pals out there...
Looks like we have all been busy since no one has posted for a few days. Hope you are all doing okay. Another weekend is here. What are you all doing?
School will be starting on Thursday, August 4th here in Kentucky. The grandkids are all excited. The two middle ones (age 9, two months apart) will be in the same class for the first time. Can't believe that their summer vacation is over.
My mom and I will be heading to Michigan on Monday to pick up my sister and her dog and bring them here to Kentucky for a visit. My sister had a heart attack a couple of years ago and no longer feels comfortable driving long distances by herself. Since her son and family live here now, we're hoping that she will decide to move here too.
Our heat wave has gone, thank goodness. Today was in the 80's. Much nicer. I am looking forward to fall. I love the colors and "sweater" weather.
Thanks all for now, my friends. Have a great weekend, whatever you do!
smile.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Jul-2005, 02:19 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey gal pals! I have no plans for this weekend but who knows what hubby has in mind! I never know and until football season comes back, he will be bored and bugging me! rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

All is well here. Just trying to keep cool. Been doing a lot of genealogy search and garb re-enactment search for my re-enactments I am getting into.

Hope you all are doing well.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Moon Child 
Posted: 01-Aug-2005, 02:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Hi gals,

BluegrassLady, enjoy your visit with your sister! How long is she planning on visiting for???

I can't believe that school is already starting next week down there!! huh.gif School up here doesn't start until the beginning of September!!

CR, how's your back and physio doing??? With these re-enactments what exactly are you doing?? It sounds interesting!!

Well with me, it's been pretty hectic the past little while with working on the car, working lots and getting ready for my trip this week to Saskatchewan. Last week Jack and I changed the rad in the car, the sending unit (in my car it reads how hot or cold the temperature of the car is), and the leaks that were happening. I went to take the car home but it over heated again so i babied it back to Jack's and it's going to sit there until I get back from my trip and then were going to both find time to do it together. So Jack and I figured out that we have to change the head gaskets in the car, which has been leaking causing the car to overheat. It's a long job though!!

So I'm back to driving mom's car mad.gif but at least I get to take it out to Saskatchewan this Wednesday!!! I can't wait to leave!! My girlfriend Michelle says that this Saturday I get to work in the bar she bartends and manages in. They are getting in a DJ that night and I get to be the "beer tub girl". I've never worked in a bar so this should be interesting!!! laugh.gif She also has a friend that she wants me to meet as well when I get out there!!! His name is Andrew. He's 6'6 huh.gif which will be funny to see since I'm only about 5'2!!! We've been talking on the phone, sending e-mails and talking on MSN messenger for the 3 weeks. We have a lot of things in common and he evens writes poetry!!! I was shocked when he told me that!! He's 27, which is a year younger than me!! All the guys I've dated have been at least 4 yrs older than me but it's always good to do something different!!! laugh.gif So it'll be interesting to meet him!! I'm leaving this Wednesday morning after work and will be staying for a week. I will have lots of pictures to post when I get back, no doubts about that!! biggrin.gif Well anyways I should get back to work!!

Take care everyone and have a great week!! hug.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 08:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Age is just a number, Moon Child, especially the older you get... let us know if this guy is as interesting as he appears to be.

Our schools in GA used to start Sept. 1 too, but for a couple of years the start date has moved further back into August. This year its Aug. 10, a Wednesday for some reason, and altho I feel sorry for the kids I am quite tired of my daughter's moodiness & look forward to a quiet house to myself soon. TEENagers, grrrr! argue.gif

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 02-Aug-2005, 08:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Moon Child - don't worry about age. My husband is over 2 years younger. But so far it worked out for the best.

I was not to keen on dating a younger man but since the day I met him - it really didn't matter to me. I can say - age is only a number on paper. It's important how you feel inside and inside I still feel a lot younger than I am.

BTW - Husband is coming home next week for leave. Yeah. He leaves Baghdad on Saturday if everything goes well and then will leave from Kuwait anytime after Sunday. So keep your fingers crossed for me - that everything goes well and makes it home safe!

School here in NC starts Aug 25. I can't wait for school to start. It's time. After 3 months I think I deserve a break.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 07:54 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Monarchs Own @ 02-Aug-2005, 09:46 AM)
BTW - Husband is coming home next week for leave. Yeah. He leaves Baghdad on Saturday if everything goes well and then will leave from Kuwait anytime after Sunday. So keep your fingers crossed for me - that everything goes well and makes it home safe!

That is great news - we do all hope that he makes it home safely! Oh, I can only imagine how you must miss him...

SB
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 04:42 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello ladies! I feel for you that have kids. I don't know how you do it.

All is well here, just been very busy and keep putting off that I will catch up on here on the weekends, but until sports season comes back around, hubby finds more things to do on the weekends and out of the house and it is TOO hot to be out of the house! but he is bored and wants to do something.

I am still going for physical therapy and my back does feel better, but it doesn't take much to get it flared up again so I just do what I can and what I can't and go from there. I have been doing a lot of exasperating research on the the garb I need to wear for the re-enactments at the Highland games. I will be part of the 1745 Jacobite Society and my persona will be one of the work ladies who traveled with the Jacobite army. So far all the outfits look really doury and old ladyish, but then I don't want to portray a visiting wife in a fancy day dress either. I have the heat here to consider as well as comfort and expense. These outfits are not cheap so I am looking into possibly making it myself. Ugh. I am a very good seamstress but just hate to do it anymore.

Moonchild, I too am of the opinion to not let age get in your way. Other factors play a much more important role. One of my nieces is getting married in November to a guy who is 2 years younger than her. She had an issue with it also, but she got over it. I hope all is well with you and hope you have a really terrific time on your trip and take lots of photos.

Monarch! So thrilled for you concerning your hubby returning home. I bet you can hardly wait. How long will he be home? How old are your kids? I bet they are excited too.

hey, SB! Hope you are doing well. So Lauren has a "tude" eh? LOL Will write you soon.

Hello to everyone else.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 05-Aug-2005, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Hello ladies,

well husband called about 2 hours ago to let me know that he is waiting to be picked up to leave for the Airport. John is anxious to come home. He will be here for 2 weeks which is nice.

My son Gerald can't wait for Daddy to come home. He is cleaning his room and hopes to have a lot of fun with Dad. He can't wait to drag his Daddy to football practice. CR My son is 10 1/2.

Otherwise I am just waiting here and start counting the hours now. LOL

My best wishes for good health to all of you. So if you don't hear from me in the near future - I am busy enjoying my husband. tongue.gif biggrin.gif

But I am trying to sneak a few minutes to let you know how everything went when he came home.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Okay ladies,

it's official - my husband is on his way home. If nothing goes wrong he will be here in North Carolina on Monday. Don't know the exact time yet.

He called me 12:30 am here on Saturday - gee and here I was in dreamland already - tongue.gif and told me almost under tears, that he lost his wedding ring. He lost now almost 30 lbs over there that his ring was so loose on his finger that he lost it.

Poor guy. He is more upset about this than me. I told him - that I rather have him home in good health and in one piece without ring than dead with ring.

I guess he calmed down - he called me in the early afternoon to let me know that he finally is in Kuwait now. So tomorrow he will leave there and be on his way home for two whole weeks. Can't wait to have him back.

Hope everyone is doing fine. Right now I am feeling great! biggrin.gif
Dreamer1 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Monarch,

I am so glad for you!!!!!!! Safe, safe journey for your hubby and all with him!! Now listen, I don't expect to see you here for the next two weeks - at least - you hear?? You three should only be enjoying being back together again!

hug.gif
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 11:16 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Monarch! I am SO HAPPY for you and your son too! I wish I could be a bug on the wall just to see the three of your happy faces when you get to see each other again. When was the last time you saw hubby? I wish all the troops would come home. I am so glad he is safely coming home. Have a great, wonderful two weeks and like Dreamer said, we will see you afterwards, ok? Make up for lost time! We'll be here anxious to hear all about it when the time comes! wink.gif smile.gif
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 08-Aug-2005, 05:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Short update!

Husband is on his way home! I will leave here in about an hour and a half to drive up to Raleigh. We dont' know exactly when John will fly in but I rather wait then be late.

It's been now 265 days since I last saw my husband (not that I am counting tongue.gif ) and when he leaves here in 2 weeks again - he will have about two and half months left to serve over there for this tour.

Well, I better get ready and wake up my son, so he can eat breakfast and get ready.

Take care all of you!

CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Aug-2005, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Monarch, thanks for the update. Take care and we will be thinking of you all! I bet you are SO excited!
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 12-Aug-2005, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Well ladies,

I have a few minutes to sneek up here - I had to renew my subscription etc. and so I thought I stop by to give you all an update.

I picked up my hubby John in Raleigh - I was so lucky that he got the early flight he was on stand by for. I hardly recognized him. He lost at least 30 lbs.

But otherwise he is in good spirits and loves being home. So far we have gone to the movies - seen Batman Begins, went out eating several times and plan on going to Carowinds in a few days - depending on the weather.

Today we will go see another movies - maybe even two. It's so wonderful to have John home for so long. He spoiled me rotten. Now he got me a new desk for my new computer. A really big one with two workstations so John and me can sit next to each other when we are doing work. I love it. biggrin.gif

I hope you are all doing allright and I give you an update in between.

CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Aug-2005, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Monarch! So great to hear from you! Glad hubby is safe and sound and doing well. I bet he is so glad to be home as well, eh? Wow! He bought you a new computer desk? gosh! How so very nice! Sounds like you both are having lots of fun and makeup time together. You're really not supposed to be on here as you are supposed to be with him, remember? tongue.gif Tell him hello from all us and that he is in our support and prayers!

Take care and have fun. I bet your son is ecstatic having daddy home! wink.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]